Dr Umar Procedure 4000 grafts FUE Nape Hair

secondtime

So if you know so much about Dr. Umar and recommend him so highly, I assume you must have had your procedure done with him? Why not share your own personal experience and photos instead of touting his name and procedure like a salesman. Or do you work for his clinic?

There are plenty of topics highlighting the benefits and limitations of FUT verses FUE. Both procedures have merit and sometimes patients are better candidates for one procedure over another. But using scare tactics about scarring to attempt to promote FUE as a superior, more modernized procedure is false and misleading. Both procedures produce scarring, they're just different. I encourage you and other readers of this topic concerned about scarring to do more research and learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of both procedures. Only then can patients makes informed decisions regarding which procedure they're better suited for.

Good luck!

Bill

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparky,

As you can see, Dr.Umar was being considered and was very interested in being recommended by our community. But ultimately, we chose not to approve him for recommendation when he chose not to address the remaining questions/concerns posed by our community. Technically, it's true that Dr. Umar lost interest in being considered, but I believe he was under the impression that being approved by this community was easy. Once he was put under pressure to address legitimate questions, he started to lose interest. But ultimately, only those physicians who are willing to operate in a transparent environment and address legitimate questions are approved for recommendation.

Bill

Dear Bill if you do not remove those irrelevant comments and comments back. I would like to cancel my topic here and that would be bad for people who want to follow up a guy over time, a guy who GENUINELY wants to share his experience. I havent seen many guys with exact same hair loss pattern as mine and with 4500 grafts . that is why my experience would be helpful to everyone.

I would like my topic moderated and fixed again to what it was which is strictly about my experience and if anyone has his own RECENT experience with Umar they can comment but they cant be highjacking the topic like ronhanseri did and like how you responded to him

Secondtime,

I'm sorry that your topic was used by this new poster to peddle his agenda of promoting Dr. Umar. I agree that your topic should not be used for a continued debate on the subject however I did need to reply to him. While I'm not going to remove the last several posts, I will make sure this poster doesn't continue to blatantly promote Dr. Umar and beat his chest on your topic.

You are welcome to continue sharing your experience and charting your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

well regardless of my results I liked Dr Umar and his confidence. I could see why people would want to promote him. However I am sure that He does not need people like this guy to cheaply do this. I also liked my hairline a lot, the question is would I have reasonable density and coverage we will see in the next 6 months or more and what percentage of my transplants will grow. I did notice that I had at least 50% shock loss, but I think it is temporary cause I think I am seing my own hair grow now at a different speed than the back hair . THe first time I had a transplant it took me 6 months to start seeing results and the hair kept on changing for at least a year later, if not 2 years. I am hoping that my second and last transplant (my first was 12 years ago with another doctor) will achieve good results.

Again this is not a pro or con Dr Umar or other doctors posts. This is just an honest experience. I wish myself the best, I wish all people who undergo this financially and mentally and socially expensive procedure success. It is all worth it if it works even if partially.

every day hasson and wong on this website what is wrong is dr hasson doctoring people. To be honest is it that hasson is only person for Hair restoration. Mr hasson their are many doctors and umar sansui is here. Aman india is posting and again praising dr hasson. As i said felcoros sean, bill this website is for the people by the people and of the people. Not mr hasson property my friend umar is umar one and only

mr Bill whata re shortcomings of fue please can you give eveidence and can you bring one person on this forum who says that he had undergone umars knife and he is not satisfied. Bill you should visit umars clinic again and see what tecnique he use while extracting body hair. Mr felceros i dnt have anything against mr hasson but hasson hasson and hasson dnt you think. Mr Bill fue does not have cons it just have results if done properly and with good skills. It is not cup of everyones tea. Fue and pubic hair body hair facial hair its a different ball game. Fue is scarless do your own research guys think logically fue is extraction from all over the body including pubic hair and its long lasting no time memory like head hair . Thats why umar mix all three hairs to give density and lasting effect. Check his utube videos i mark my words not video , videos read umar blogs. Umar has got lost glory to many many mr felceros he has done more then 1000's of fue. He is the king of Fue. Undisputed king if anyone else here come and prove it. Umar is down to earth humble kind and workaholic. He beleives in yielding good results to his best capability and ability. Mr felceros dont ry to give me evasive answer if you have guts bring one bad case of umar to forum. Let all people witness that i am wrong and you are right.mr felceros i am no BS i am here and i will be here to reply you or anyone who has any problems with what i said. Mr felceros umar is not budging to your request of coming to this forum bcz he is a busy man and he does his job. He dnt have time to reply to your all answers but if you ask him he will as according his schedule permits he will reply to you.Mr felceros its better if you reply to this question to all the people on forum openly. Again i am here and i will take every person who bs head on with reasoning mr felceros dnt allegate tat i am working for umar s clinic again prove that umar is not genuine as you said

noone is arguing with you and this is not the right place to argue on my post. If I didnt believe in FUE i wouldnt have done it.

It is a shame that 12 years ago it didnt exist and I had a huge scar. its so huge and thick I would wish it to noone. I believe iN FUE and i am myself a surgeon ( in another field) and I am honestly tired of surgeons who can't adopt new technologies and stick with the past and bash every progress because they cant do it. I had myself an inguinal hernia surgery by a butcher surgeon who gave me two huge scars and debilitated me for several months instead of having the laparoscopic surgery, he had so much against because he didnt do it well!

I understand your argument but you are so out of control and so out of place arguing with Bill on this post that has NOTHING to do with comparing the doctors you are mentioning. If Bill doesnt cancel this whole argument I am deleting this whole post of mine.

Ronsaheri,

The benefits, limitations and potential problems with FUE have been well documented on this community by patients and leading physicians who regularly perform FUE. Before I close your account for blatant promotion and harrassment of our members (including me), allow me to link to two articles:

The Evolution, Advantages and Disadvantages of FUE by Dr. Ron Shapiro

What are the Benefits, Limitatins and Potential Problems with FUE by Dr. Alan Feller

The bottom line however, is that you have no real interest in learning about the benefits and drawbacks of both procedures. You have an agenda to promote Dr. Umar as the king of hair transplants and want to tout FUE as the only procedure. This is extremely damaging to prospective patients researching this community for legitimate information.

Thus, it is now time that you take your agenda driven posts and take them elsewhere and let SecondTime and others continue to document their own personal stories without you hijacking their threads.

Goodbye,

Bill

Sean thanks for asking

getting some pimples I am a 5 weeks. I shaved my head last week completely except front second time.

now its growing again, the redness is pink but the line (hairline) eventhough awesome if it had hair below it , is so apparent , it is a pink line as if My hairlines is painted.

I have the redness concealed with a little concealer very small quantity I dont think it will affect the transplant survival hopefully not.

The only big worry I have is whether my own old hair is thinned out by the procedure or is it the fac tthat it is so short and growing so slowly it looks much less than usual. I cant figure that one out. I hope I didnt have shock loss but maybe I did partially like some 50%.

Awaiting the hair grafts to grow, the fastest would be 10 weeks to reach the skin that is if I am a fast grower and then to thicken and have lush appearance 6 months or so. I cant wait. I still have 3-5 months at least to wait.

I think it would be nice if I had darker skin or if Had enough of my own hair to hide the recipient area but I dont or at least when it that short its not dense enough.

I will try to take pics at the 2 months margin in 3 weeks. Till then I hope noone argues pro and against FUE. every technology has pros and cons, I studied all of them and reviewed articles ( like many articles its all bias I do medical research myself and I can tell you: in hair transplant I dont trust research, its all experience EXPERIENCE and thats all. In all surgical stuff. its that way. Its about experience , luck and honesty of the surgeon, good quality of genes in healing and so many enviromental factors.

I hope that 2500 out my 4500 grow and I would be SOOOO happy!!!!

thanks sean and everyone

i did not expect to update this today.

We are now about 5 1/2 weeks after surgery.

I have reported that I felt EXCESSIVELY bald and couldnt know whether it is cause of the length being so short ( and in the past length use to cover?) or whether it was shock loss.

However no matter what it is yesterday and today,4 days after pimples starting, I am getting more pimples one at a time nothing too big, nothing seems infected.

But I am getting a ton of small little tiny hair ....so small so fine but many of them. They are mostly felt by touch. I can see a lot of those small ones on the mirror.

Nothing to even take a picture for because you cant see them but there is so many of them. are these my own old hair but now coming out after being suppressed from surgery or is this the new transplanted hair??

who knows, but in the area lowest in hairline where I know I didnt have any hair those for some reason did not completely shed and they are growing, some new ones are appearing too. again nothing to make a difference in appearance but I FEEL THEM DAMM IT

this is a good sign no? I am excited (maybe, or should I) hehe. or should be sad for looking much balder than preop?

Edited by secondtime

Your anxiety is pretty normal. I've been through it myself regarding something similar.

Having said that, it's still far too early to tell what your result is going to be. I don't think you will know what kind of growth you're going to see until about 1 year. It might continue to thicken and mature for up to 2 years.

Sean thanks for asking

getting some pimples I am a 5 weeks. I shaved my head last week completely except front second time.

now its growing again, the redness is pink but the line (hairline) eventhough awesome if it had hair below it , is so apparent , it is a pink line as if My hairlines is painted.

I have the redness concealed with a little concealer very small quantity I dont think it will affect the transplant survival hopefully not.

The only big worry I have is whether my own old hair is thinned out by the procedure or is it the fac tthat it is so short and growing so slowly it looks much less than usual. I cant figure that one out. I hope I didnt have shock loss but maybe I did partially like some 50%.

Awaiting the hair grafts to grow, the fastest would be 10 weeks to reach the skin that is if I am a fast grower and then to thicken and have lush appearance 6 months or so. I cant wait. I still have 3-5 months at least to wait.

I think it would be nice if I had darker skin or if Had enough of my own hair to hide the recipient area but I dont or at least when it that short its not dense enough.

I will try to take pics at the 2 months margin in 3 weeks. Till then I hope noone argues pro and against FUE. every technology has pros and cons, I studied all of them and reviewed articles ( like many articles its all bias I do medical research myself and I can tell you: in hair transplant I dont trust research, its all experience EXPERIENCE and thats all. In all surgical stuff. its that way. Its about experience , luck and honesty of the surgeon, good quality of genes in healing and so many enviromental factors.

I hope that 2500 out my 4500 grow and I would be SOOOO happy!!!!

thanks sean and everyone

Hey secondtime,

Glad things are going good. That's great your able to conceal the pink area, what concealer are you using? LOoks like i'll have to look forward to that when I have my procedure too as it will show on me as well. I don't think it's that much of a deal but it's good to know that you can use something to conceal it. As for the hairs shedding, I guess that is pretty normal for now. You are lucky your a fast grower, so you should be good to go in just a few months with that new head of hair. I will definitely be waiting for the 2 month pics, so far I have been following your progress and it seems like it is going well. I know what you mean with the FUE pro and against arguments, it has gotten carried away sometimes. I hope i have all those factors for a successful transplant. You hope that 2500 out of 4500 grow, but I think most of your grafts will grow. You got great work done and I feel confident this is going to be a major success. good luck and thanks for the update

Hey secondtime,

Glad things are going good. That's great your able to conceal the pink area, what concealer are you using? LOoks like i'll have to look forward to that when I have my procedure too as it will show on me as well. I don't think it's that much of a deal but it's good to know that you can use something to conceal it. As for the hairs shedding, I guess that is pretty normal for now. You are lucky your a fast grower, so you should be good to go in just a few months with that new head of hair. I will definitely be waiting for the 2 month pics, so far I have been following your progress and it seems like it is going well. I know what you mean with the FUE pro and against arguments, it has gotten carried away sometimes. I hope i have all those factors for a successful transplant. You hope that 2500 out of 4500 grow, but I think most of your grafts will grow. You got great work done and I feel confident this is going to be a major success. good luck and thanks for the update

well I bought about 5-6 kinds.

I started with all natural powder with some zinc oxide and other minerals in it. I felt that it closes the pores and gives a very matty look to skin. So I stopped it 3 days later. I do NOT recommend mineral concealers like other forums did at least not if you feel skin drying out or pores closing because this might affect your growth. The important is to use AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE and NOT to dehydrate or damage your skin.

I tried foundation hydrating FX from sephora with a yellowish colour. It works. Clinique has beige or honney colour foundations as long as you use very little of anything you do.

The best way to conceal a large area with little material is to buy a 30-35 dollar brush from make up store. You put the concealer or foundation on your hand and you use brush to touch up your redness. It works with Very little because of the yellowish tinge to it.

Aloe cream, antihistamines might decrease redness but I think most of my redness is NOT allergic or infectious it Is forming tiny new vessels so many of them due to large number of grafts I received. so I dont think anything helps except time and I see it as a sign of health .

My doctor recommended Minoxidil twice day I am using maybe too much of it? causing everything to be maximally red when I use it, but I feel it is the BESt as far as promoting the life of your transplants

I still use finesteride day on /day off 2.5 mg cause I am so lazy to cut the 5mg into 4 . Not sure if it does anything at this point

I am hoping for the best. I am not sure if I am a fast grower , I will see what the next few weeks hide for me.

over the past 5 days (now exactly at 6 weeks), I have had the appearance of about 10-50 new small hairs per day! some at least 200-300 new total small hairs in the past week. They are sooooo tiny, so small but they are growing and some few ones are darkening. They look like baby or villus hair.

it is exciting, although appearance wise I do not think they make any difference, but if I continue on this trend , it will be really good.

Accompanying this resurgence from the scalp phenomenon is a new pimple every 2-3 days , small pimple they resolve 2 days later when the next one grows.

I wish I had a high resolution cam to show you meanwhile I will wait a few weeks to see a significant change in appearance especially if that trend over the past 5-7 days is true.

I know they say you dont grow hair till 10 weeks at least after the surgery, so I am still totally puzzled of whether this is some old hair or new hair, I will know soon!

Also today was my first day at work (new job), noone is looking at me funny, noone is checking my scalp! ( I used to get more looks when I had more hair after my first transplant)

Hair Restoration Site for secondtime

Edited by secondtime

Secondtime,

Sounds exciting! Again, thank you for keeping the community so up to date on your progress. I know everyone here is eager to see your result mature!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey Secondtime,

Hope all is well. How are things going with the appearance of pimples - do they go down on their own or are u using anything on them?.

In last few days I just started to get a couple which I think is too early to be new hair but I read on this forum they are normal.

Edited by HairToday72

well no pimple in my frontal area this week (they went on their own) but have pimples in my crown (some transplanted hair there too).

As far as appearance I still look BALD , but the trend of appearance of new hair in my 7th week is not as prominent as last week except in my crown.

7 weeks from surgery

pics low resolution.. dont have a high resolution cam but some small hairs cant be seen clearly

what do you think I know its super early

I still think I am much balder after surgery than before it (mostly I hope due to the short length of hair)

Snapshot_20101124_1.jpg.af63e1674f6b22567f2423c9570c1e38.jpg

Snapshot_20101124_2.jpg.d615190be8799f95a014c23341e37629.jpg

Snapshot_20101124.jpg.6a2b12c0d5d29f6dd5c7acb2c97229a3.jpg

secondtime,

Thanks for the update! I'd say you look just as you should for 7 weeks. the next 5 to 6 weeks should bring significant changes.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...