Dr Umar Procedure 4000 grafts FUE Nape Hair

secondtime

Good to hear the fever is gone. 4500 even spread out over three days is still a ton of trauma to the head in a short amount of time, so its no surprise that you are sore. How long are you going to stay in the hotel before you travel? I'm sure you'll have some good growth.

Edited by Optimist
Foolish spelling

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondtime,

Thank you for keeping the community updated. Frankly, the work looks extremely impressive. I hope you'll continue updating us on your progress. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Here is POD 2 ((saturday) later in the day than the earlier pics.

On these pics I used higher resolution, flash as appropriate (flash shows more whiteness and defects).

I showed as much as I could the donor areas as you can see they extend all over around my old scar from my strip incision 12 years ago( the hair was left longer on the strip itself to demarcate it and so that hopefully it wont show as much later when the hair grows.)

On the top taken pics with flash you can see the 2 major recipient areas (front and some crown). Since I still had significant amount of crown hair left and since we could not do more than 4500 grafts I asked him to give me density in the front with less density in crown hopefully I wouldnt need that for later. The area in between looks white but it was completely shaven, so it is not acutally bald, it is obvisuoly not very thick but it is not bald...

The sideburn and behind ears and nape donor areas are shown. Also shown some donor areas spread thoughout the back of my head. in our family we dont lose hair in those areas, but we never know! hopefully this hair would last me till i am 60 if it grows.

I will try to give an update next week, in 2 weeks, in 4 weeks and than in 2-3 months, than in 6 months

Thanks

angle.jpg.3623fd039d6f5bfba11fd959f7e2b2bc.jpg

top.jpg.243480be057dd2481fcf8db6bc8e47e2.jpg

top2.jpg.aad61785537dc1f11c0a744dd1b84910.jpg

donor1.jpg.b01c058ad7db72c54d04c5e546177747.jpg

donor2.jpg.0d29b42b27f349875ad4a5a164c3d5cf.jpg

donor3.jpg.b28b472640cc71a9ffdf70bdde07ffab.jpg

donor4.jpg.de14d3597199438fd6103382d19ec71d.jpg

angle2.jpg.d4fd06c07c7672b4b870134218ff761d.jpg

Edited by secondtime

post op day 5 my face is not swollen anymore.

pain still considerable at donor areas

recipient areas not hurting but i think i am already having some crusts fall out without me touching them. I hope that it is not a bad sign.

5b32cb17f1994_pod5(1).jpg.660d7e081d1354c6e23149b3c7c098ef.jpg

5b32cb1882bd7_pod5(2).jpg.6b2a4b42b2ceb8ea5665c8869277fb49.jpg

Edited by secondtime

a lot of money and time but in the end, the result would leave you with some peace of mind

It's gonna look great and your recent pics, the crusts are already fallin, swelling is basically gone

The design looks great, really lookin forward to seeing this transplant result

That's a lot of grafts and definitely will make a big difference

good luck

Secondtime,

Again, thank you for all the updates! I think a lot of our community members are curious about follicular unit extraction (FUE) and, by depicting your experience, you are helping a lot of very worthy individuals! Nicely done.

Additionally, I do encourage you to update your social profile or create a patient weblog and share these photographs in one concise area of the site. Thanks again for being so vigilant with the updates!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

<p>on my postop day 12 . still some crusting but very few unfortunately I played with one of the crusts and maybe lost few grafts? not sure.</p><p>But What I am sure about is that I am losing small little hairs from the implanting sites which i was told was normal. some are still hanging on there.</p><p>The redness at the time of the pics was much less but earlier in the day when I was at work but very pink.</p><p>Does anyone know whether using cortisone cream is ok for redness.itchiness or does it Inhibit growth of grafts? </p>

Hair Restoration Site for secondtime

Snapshot_20101019.jpg.dc3f254649943ad41f32d7e4e0ba2164.jpg

Snapshot_20101019_1.jpg.afb331cd58a591337275788d63c1338d.jpg

Snapshot_20101019_3.jpg.6f22531c9e884d9b6e062fbe0f522bce.jpg

Edited by secondtime

• 2 weeks later...

1 m update

no pic because depressed since I lost all or 90% of 4500 grafts ....panic ing about the redness need to start job in 2 weeks (6 weeks postop) so I decided to completely shave everything and start from scratch

That way I can use a little amount of powder mineral based foundation (all natural product) covering the redness well. If I had hair longer I cant put it on and yet the hair will not cover a bunch of new areas that didnt have hair sooooo stuck Best I can do is shave it all and conceal it a little with this gentle mineral based product. I think I will keep my head shaved ( 1/10 inch) completely for about 2 more months

So at 3 months I hope some sprouting starts happening and the red would have subsided and then I could let my hair grow.

Any ideas > this is really weighing on my pysche since I have to start a new job in 2 weeks

I think with shaved head and this concealer I look more natural

any comments?

Snapshot_20101101.jpg.a948c1efb8b98ccdf2f9d0721ac99916.jpg

It's hard for me to tell based on that pic, but you look alright.

I bet in 2 weeks, the redness will have gone down more. Hopefully it won't be noticable.

It sucks and it's depressing when you shed the transplanted hair. Be patient though. You're going to look great when it's growing in.

One of the awesome things about going the FUE route is that you can keep your hair really really short while you're waiting for it to grow and you still look alright. Some really lucky people actually don't have any tell signs of surgery at all.

FUE is a great procedure and it has an exciting future IMO. But as you know, there's still not a lot of surgeons who do it enough and do it well and have a lot of documented results. Umar has some good results out there.

Good luck man!

hey secondtime, guess i must've been in surgery a few weeks after you, your ht looks gr8 from the pics, keep my fingers crossed it starts growing in really quick 4 u.

I'm dreading the shed which cant be that far away now. Feels really unfair to suddenly have this hair and know its going to shed really soon.

Can i ask if you kept a stuble or some appearance that hair was there (maybe like as if you had buzzed right down but hair was still there) or is there no evidence of hair at all?. I have noticed a few hairs that look like they have snapped off say a mil above the skin, not sure if thats a shed hair and they will all go that way..

hairtoday congratulations on your surgery

I left comments for you. I think I am extremely impressed at your case. I hope the end result is good. How many transplants did you have.

As far as your question is concerned, I am not sure I understood it but I have buzzed it to just the skin level with a machine ( so it is NOT a wet shave). It looks like there is hair because there is some hair (my own) but also some 5-10% of transplant hair did not fall out, also because the redness of the hairline itself creates a false impression of hair (it is redness not real hair yet).

Question For the forum: I am developing pimples under the skin at 5 weeks postop pimples in the recipient not donor area, I had about 4 or 5 this week. Is that good or bad?

Hey, thanks for the reply and the comments you left. I had 5 long days of surgery and more or less 7,500 grafts.

I guess I was just trying to work out what to do when the transplants eventually shed (some have already started) as I didnt have any hair there to start with.

I guess its probably hats for the next few months or maybe another hairpiece although I m told thats not a great idea after having a transplants (if anyones got any thoughts on that subject please let me know).

I cant wear hats in my job 80% of time. Hairpiece is not bad if you only put it for few hours not the whole day and not if it gets dirty and I think u need to at least wait a month for that.

I couldnt really wear hats first because of my job second because it was causing me to be sore immediately, Bandanas were ok for me but even those I couldnt wear more than 4 hour straight. IT would hurt my donor areas.

I think u can keep it as is and put a little bit tiny tiny amount of an organic foundation or concealer (yellow kind) when 4-5 weeks have passed.

If you can get away without it than its better not to put anything. But my life would be impossible without it.

Thanks

man umar rock dont listen to guys here he ha sproved him no one on this network can topple him and his hairline is awesome . He has super special skills why not dr hasson get licence in us as he has patients in us going to vancover. Now time has come bill sean and all people this network will be rule by people for the peopleand by the people not hasson and wong

Umar wins hands down

anyone who can challenge umar come here if you have guts and if you are really not doctored by any doctor.umar rules and reign he is only the answer so far for fue and he declares he dont need publicity his work speaks. He has repaired so many cases. His tecnique of non head , body hir and beard oh man its just amazing and so are his results. he rules the world. he is the only answer for people with or without donor head area but atleat you need hair on body and if beard its winn wiin situaation. now he is putiing pubic hair too he is inventor he has midas touch he is the only breakthrough and he openly says i dont do FUT and he calls FUt as smiley scar in donor area. think of future hair loss is progressive propacia delays the hair loss it does not avert it and solution is body hair beard hair head hair mix body hAIR+BEARD HAIR+PUBIC HAIR+HEAD HAIR=UMAR SANSUI

Ronsaheri,

While I'm having difficulty understanding you, it appears you've gone from asking questions about Dr. Umar and other people's experiences (like you did on this topic) to blatantly promoting him and attacking others. This is evident by your harsh posts on this thread.

Dr. Umar was once considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. And while he is arguably one of the leading hair restoration physicians performing BHT, Dr. Umar chose not to address some of the legitimate questions and concerns posed by members of this community regarding his technique and the consistency of BHT. This is why we chose not to recommend him.

For more information on why we chose not to recommend Dr. Umar, visit the "Potential Recommendation of Dr. Sanusi Umar of California".

No matter who you choose for your procedure, I wish you all the best in getting the results you want. You are also welcome to ask your legitimate questions and share your experience and photos here. However, you are not free to blatantly promote your physician while unfairly maligning others.

Your cooperation is appreciated and expected.

Best wishes,

Bill

MR Bill I AM HERE NOT TO ATTACK ANY SURGEON TELL ME BY YOUR MOUTH AND DECLARE HERE ON THIS WEBSITE THAT FUE IS NO LEESS THEN FUT. lOOK fUE IS HERE BCZ I WANT TO SAVE PEOPLE FROM SCARS AND KEEP THEM IN MIND THEIR LONG TERM GOAL. NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY UMAR SANSUI IS HERE TO STAY AND AS FAR YOU ARE CONCERNED I KNOW AND I REA ABOUT YOU. PLEASE AS A HUMAN BEING HELP PPLE ON THIS FORUM. yOU NEVER MENTIONED ABOUT UMAR USING PUBIC HAIR YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HELPS NOR MAL [PERSON CAN GIVE THOUSANDS OF GRAFT FROM PUBIC. YOU SOULD RECOMMEND UMAR EVEN THOUGH HE IS NOT COMFORTABLE WITH GIVING SO MUCH TIME TO THIS SITE. HE IS A BUSY BUSY BUSY MAN AND AS I AID HIS WORK SPEAK FOR HIMSELF AND EVENTUALLY U ALSO APPROVED HIM HE IS REALLY A GOOD SURGEON SO PERIOD