BOSLEY - Chicago - William Yates

I had my hair transplant surgery done last year by Dr. William Yates in Bosley's Chicago office. It's been over a year and the expected and promised results never materialized. Still no hairline. I am looking for a doctor who is actually involved in the process and not having his staff to do all the dirty work. Not happy, my bank account went down by almost 10K and I got a scar on the back of my head only, that's the biggest difference I can notice. I just don't think that he is experienced enough. He put 1,700 holes in my head (at least that's what he said) and I don't understand where these 1,700 grafts were placed exactly, because the results are just not good. The density is non existent....Your comments and HT doctor recommendations are welcome.

5b32ca5d70ccb_1-10Days.jpg.0a8a4f1b393d6ae011b11518025a43d4.jpg

5b32ca5d90319_2-2Months.jpg.d15041343d8b5fc8f965928c1ebe3fba.jpg

5b32ca5daebdc_3-2Months.jpg.b265e3062675a6ecbb090ed1c609cc65.jpg

5b32ca5dd0cca_4-3.5Months.jpg.105b4dbb02eda96329c55824843104b4.jpg

5b32ca5de69f1_5-Now.jpg.2d50402de574e6892a4a903c5b1ee933.jpg

5b32ca5e14e0d_7-Now.JPG.f6e9f86200261af96cd8658a4ef5ae46.JPG

IMG_0199.jpg.1872f6a1177016cd6046719630f8e3ab.jpg

Cybercrash1983,

I'm sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the results from your previous procedure. I recommend taking a look at our excellent, recommended hair transplant surgeons. If you would like to stay local (which I assume is Chicago), you can also review the Chicago hair transplant surgeons a bit more thoroughly.

Please, feel free to ask any additional questions and keep researching!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Feller is a member of the elite Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and a highly respected contributor on our community. Additionally, we recommend other, excellent hair transplant surgeons in New York and numerous other locations around the globe.

If you begin to zero in on a particular geographic area or recommended physician, don't hesitate to ask as many questions as necessary (on this discussion topic or by private message). Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi- I have been researching for over a year and have just about decided (after much consideration) on going with Dr. Konior of Chicago. His hairlines are so natural and like you desire I was happy to hear that he does the full procedure himself. I have only done an online consult but he is local for you. I am planning for spring 2011 and hope to have an in-person consultation by the end of the year.

cybersash,

Sorry about your poor results with Bosley. Unfortunately, Bosley has established a tremendously bad reputation due to doing poor work on a consistent basis. I know how you feel. I didn't go to Bosley for my first procedure but it still didn't turn out well. If I were you, I'd research the hell out of this site. Browse ever doctor's patient's webblogs, postings, etc. Jonathanb is right, Dr. Konior is in Chicago and he is one of the best surgeons in the state. I went up to Minnesota to Shapiro Medical Group and Dr. Paul performed my 2nd transplant and set me back on the right path. My point is that you should do some serious research and consult with a handful of surgeons and choose with whomever you feel most comfortable with.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group