experience with trichometer?

hello all,

here i am - a typical guy having typical hairloss including many typical questions how to best deal with it, for example to have a ht done. and i have started doing necessary research work before making a final decision.

now having decided to join this big family here but not found an answer to one of my questions yet, maybe one of the more senior family members can shed some light:

as part of my research i found some information about precise examination and evaluation of the existing hair situation (eg. fu density, hair shaft diameter etc) before deciding how best to proceed, by using a trichometer.

has anyone had any experience with that? and was it any good in terms of doing an effective long term ht donor hair management plan?

Hello Happy,

Welcome to this online community the Hair Transplant Network. I am glad that you recognize the importance of researching hair transplantation and options. A thorough evaluation is of prime importance it does include diagnosing the cause of the hair loss, and subsequently determining the best treatment options. Of utmost importance in the title of your post is the experience part, trichometer or any other instrument is just that a tool that in the hands of an experienced hair restoration physician can be used to your advantage. Be weary of heavily marketed machines, and gadgets, nothing can replace the skills, knowledge and experience of the doctors that are showing consistently excellent results on this network! Hair characteristics are very important factors to take into account in the short and long term planning of hair restoration surgery, here is a link to an article:Is there a Way to Accurately Measure Donor Density for a Hair Transplant? | Hair Loss Q & A

How Hair Characteristics Impact Hair Transplant Results | Hair Loss Q & A

Hope this helps,

B. Arocha, M.D., ABHRS

Dallas Hair Restoration, Hair Replacement by Dr. Arocha in Dallas, TX

thanks first of all for your friendly welcome greetings!

i also do appreciate the advice of you doc and agree that nothing can replace the experience and skills of an excellent surgeon to get outstanding results.

on the other side, i hope you can also agree with me that an excellent surgeon without excellent tools is also just half of the truth.

coming back to my initial question about the trichometer - from what i found out so far in my research work i got the impression that this tools is quite superiour compared to the "ordinary" magnifying device as eg. described in your mentioned article, doc.

for example: it is supposed to take a lot of guess work out not only about the status quo of hair but also when it comes to long term planning.

hopefully, there will be somebody here who is able to shed some useful light so that we can make a better decision whether this device is just gimmick or not.

since nobody has provided a satisfying answer to my initial question, i was wondering whether this device exists at all. and in case it does, whether it is being used at all.

would anybody here in the forum be able to ask dr cohen and who, as far as i know, has mainly contributed to developing this device. maybe he is able to answer the questions and elaborate on the trichometer.

As your posts will be overridden by the next posters etc, by the time Dr Cohen comes in, he might not see his thread :)

You could go to his website and directly email him or his staff :)

Hope u can share with us more info!

thanks!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

thanks for your advice,

will try and contact the doc to get a professional response. and if we are really lucky, then some of his words might even get published here without being censored in the first place because of promotional reasons. let's see.

• 2 weeks later...

well,

i contacted dr cohen a while ago about the tool. so far, he hasn't come back and to provide further information about this tool.

i wonder why? does it exist at all?

on the other side, it looks as if other clinics seem to use similar devices as talizi in the thread showed.