Hair Transplant Left me almost Bald from a NW 2

what in the world is a Miniaturization analysis? i've never heard of that. can you post photos and let us know who your doctor was?

so basically you experienced shockloss is what your saying that made you lose a majority of your existing hair?

going from a NW2 to almost bald seems really extreme. all of this caused from a HT? i really feel sorry for you and hope the best works out for you.

Yup, if it indeed is the case, then we guys feel for u dude. Please post some pics and if its convenient, let us know who the surgeon was

And yes, what is Miniaturization analysis?????????

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Miniturization analysis is when your current hair is examined at close range (or on a computer) to see what stage of hair loss it is in.

As you know, as we get older, our hair sheds - coming back a bit thinner each time (in an area susceptible to DHT) - eventually not coming back at all. Hairs at an advanced stage (ie already very thin) can be hit badly by shockloss, and as they were on the way out almost already, might not grow back.

Really sorry to hear that man :(

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

Hey monkey, i was so curious abt this as i dun remember Dr Pat or Oravan doing that... Do u think this is a important test?

I am in my mid 30s, and probably a NW 2 to 3 before i went for the surgery.

Shucks, suddenly i am a bit worried...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

He does - when he puts on those little glasses things he has :)

Don't worry - when I went to Dr Alexander, I asked about a computer test - and he said he just does the same thing: ie puts on high strength glasses and has a good look :)

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

This sounds like a distressing situation to say the least. However, if you were a NW2, then unless you were also losing hair in a diffuse pattern and this was addressed during the surgery, then the transplant would not have been spread out far enough to effect 50% of your hair. Am I missing something here?

Which areas of the scalp received grafts and from where have you lost all of this hair since your surgery?

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Usedandabused,

I'm very sorry to hear about your poor transplant experience. If you would like to add some photographs to your social profile or a hair loss weblog, it may help the community accurately analyze the situation and offer some good suggestions.

Also, I'm curious as to whether or not you stopped taking Propecia after the hair transplant procedure?

Please, keep us updated on the situation and don't hesitate to ask additional questions on this thread or through private messaging.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I think we better not jump to any conclusion. Lets see the pre op and post op pics first.

Monkey, phew! I was slightly scared stiff as i have no idea what Miniturization analysis is! Thanks man!

Yeah, i had this done by Dr Feriduni, he was just basically seeing how much of my existing hair was on it's last legs... Answer was about 10%. This enabled him to predict how liable i'm going to be to shock-loss apparently, and therefore what density he should aim for in the recipient region for a worst case scenario should i lose a percentage of my 'native' hair.

I presumed they all did some sort of check like this... whether it be revealed to the patient or not. Which is a point perhaps... maybe he DID examine the hair for this just didn't deem it too bad? Either way, sounds an awful scenario. Like the others, i'll be interested to see any pics.

Yup i think most, if not all, the recommended docs do this test. If its not applicable to us, probably it does not warrant much reason for them to explain further

However, my doc is curious to the accusation of going bald from a NW2. Highly unlikely but with that said, lets not be skeptical and maybe something did happen to this poor chap

Do post some pictures mate

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
This is what concerns me about going through this and thats why I am here to learn what I can. One of my concerns is I want to meet the MD BEFORE I decide so I can see what he/she is about. What do I look for?

That is a very good plan!! Research!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Usedandabused;

It is disappointing to hear of your experience. As a patient advocate I am always concerned about people's hair restoration experience. It seems that a number of things need be considered to help you sort this out. Are you experiencing shock loss? Where you utilizing a medical treatment that you discontinued? These could all be a factor in your current condition. I would be interested to hearing more and to see if some advice could be offered for your consideration. Private messaging is acceptable if better for your comfort level.

Michael James

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Stinger99,

Unfortunately, there's no way to know why members stop posting. However, I really wish members would return and provide this community with updates.

Furthermore, I see that this user decided to edit/remove his posts, which is highly frowned upon. This is why I often consider preventing members from editing their posts a few minutes after their comments have been presented.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I agree. This is a perfect example of how removing content can really render a thread "useless."

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bill

I really like that idea. Sometimes people will edit and it makes your post after lose some credibility base on what you were reading at the time. I do like the idea of waiting a few minutes though. I've used that myself a lot. Missepelled words, etc.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

thx for your response bill. it is very unfortunate that he has not provided any updates or shown his progress. thank god there are so many other members who are so willing to share their experiences , stories and pictures. this site has been truly amazing for me in so many ways. when i get my HT, i plan to give back by sharing my experience and asnwering any question as so many ppl have done.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...