Donor Pain

This will definitely vary from person to person but I can tell you that for myself, I found the discomfort/pain lasted several weeks. In fact, I'm almost 4 months post op from my second surgery, and my scalp is still quite sensitive and numb in spots. The first time around, my head didn't feel normal until close to 8 months!

Hang in there!

No I think he means pain. I'm almost 4 weeks PO and I still have pain or maybe a better word would be tenderness. I was just thinking the same thing, why is this still tender?

I have plenty of numbness above the donor site, but I still have trouble when sleeping trying to find a place for the pillow that doesn't hurt.

i would not regard that as pain, more like discomfort. U got a chunk of skin cut out so dun expect to feel normal for at least one month :) I am at 2 months post op and the donor area still feels tender but defn no more pain

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I'm almost 4 months past my second hair transplant and I'm also still experiencing what can best be described as discomfort in the area just above my scar. It's an odd combination of slight numbness with a little tenderness.

I don't remember how long it took for this to go away the first time but I'm not worried about it yet. I'm sure it's fine. If it persists until my 6 month follow up I'll discuss it with Dr. Alexander.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

nerve endings were traumatized and destroyed, most will regenerate but some may not. it is the price of cutting flesh.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I assume that you guys all had a strip procedure?!

How is it with those who had an FUE procedure?

Is donor pain a big issue there, too, and how long did it last in YOUR case?

By the way, though a bit off-topic in this thread, how much pain are you experiencing or have you experienced in the recipient area?

I assume that you guys all had a strip procedure?!

How is it with those who had an FUE procedure?

Is donor pain a big issue there, too, and how long did it last in YOUR case?

By the way, though a bit off-topic in this thread, how much pain are you experiencing or have you experienced in the recipient area?

Recipient area is minorly sore in forehead below grafts, feel a slight tenderness when you make eye brow expressions, nothing more.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I'm 3 weeks post op and still have pain in my donor area. It's not too bad but I thought by now it would be gone... When does it usually subside?

Let me pile on... Depends on the person, but like several others who replied, I'm also at roughly four months post op and feel occassional discomfort (numbness in some areas).

When I was at three weeks, I'll say I did feel 'pain' on occasion. I wouldn't worry much about it, you're still healing. Happy growing my friend.