All the Bosley haters on here have changed my mind. Who should I go to in FL????

hunter2

Easy choice....Dr. Charles, Dr. Epstein, or Dr. Rose. They are probably cheaper than Bosley too, and won't try to sell you magical potions like Bosley!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Glad to see you are not going to Bosley! I found this site to late before they hacked me up. Do not limit yourself to Florida if you can help it. There are very talented surgeons all over that will do a great job!! If you are a HT virgin I would actually recommend against it all together but if you have already had work done that do your research before you take the plunge.

Edited by dakota3
additional thoughts

hunter2,

The surgeons recommended by our community pay a sponsorship fee to support it. We do not try to hide that fact. It is spelled out clearly on our physicians standards page. Here you will also learn about the selection criteria used in recommending hair restoration physicians.

For a more detailed response to this concern posted by our Managing Publisher Bill read the discussion, Questions about recommendations.

The only agenda anyone on this forum, members and moderators alike, share is an interest in keeping patients like you from being disfigured by unskilled and disreputable hair transplant surgeons. We do that by sharing our experience and accumulated knowledge free of charge to those who seek guidance.

At the end of the day, none of us benefit personally by your choice of hair transplant doctor. If you are comfortable with Bosley and you feel confident that your doctor is going to give you the best possible results then by all means proceed.

However, I think you will be doing yourself a gross disservice by ignoring the sound advice of the many patients who have gone before you and now regret that decision.

Also, Dr. Charles is a regular contributor on this forum. I recommend sending him a message through his profile if you are still willing to consider a skilled and experienced hair restoration physician with a proven track record of excellent results and demonstrated concern for his patients.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hunter2,

In addition to the excellent advice provided by David (TakingThePlunge), I simply wanted to include a list of all our recommended hair transplant surgeons in Florida.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great experience with Dr. Charles in Boca. Bosley spends so much money in advertising that they recoup those costs by charging more money and trying to convince you to buy a lot of products. I am 23 years old, so I am a bit young, but I am glad I went to Dr. Charles, he had called me to check up on me and gave me his cellphone number and told me I can call him at 3:00 AM if I had to. He also has 4 very attractive assistants that made the process somewhat more pleasureable. Any questions just email me at tlb05f@fsu.edu

Glad to see you are not going to Bosley! I found this site to late before they hacked me up. Do not limit yourself to Florida if you can help it. There are very talented surgeons all over that will do a great job!! If you are a HT virgin I would actually recommend against it all together but if you have already had work done that do your research before you take the plunge.

Dakota - why would recommend against HT surgery - even with a top doc ?

You should never limit yourself geographically when considering a HT..however, in FL, Dr. Rose and Dr. Charles are doing excellent work. I believe for the most part both of these doctors prefer to keep sessions in the 2K-3K range, so if you are looking for a session over 3K, you should add another doctor who does larger sessions. I would 100% still do consults with both docs however, it may be you will really connect with a particular doctor.

Please note: This is not meant to put forth that not doing larger than 3K grafts is "bad"--there is certainly an argument that doing multiple sessions provides maximum impact, using the minimum # of grafts. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Rose or Dr. Charles.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

hairguy067,

How have you become familiar with Dr. Bolton's work? Are you one of his patients or do you work for his clinic? While clinical representatives are allowed to post here, they are required to list their affiliation with the clinic in their forum signature. This is listed in our terms of service.

Your response is expected and appreciated,

Bill (Bill