***new member/help needed please***

Hi guys,

I am brand new and would like to ask a few question if thats ok?

I am 27, live in London, UK and started receding at about aged 20/21 :(

Had my 1st HT in Nov 2003 aged 21, 2nd in Oct 2006 aged 23 and 3rd in Feb 2008 aged 25.

All 3 have been strip surgery carried out at The Wimpole Clinic in London.

Very good proceedure but a bit gappy by the temples and very painful. Especially the last one!

I cannot go thru that again so I wondered if anyone knew of any good FUE clinics?

I went to see DHI last week and thier 'no touch technique' sounds awesome but so far I have only heard bad reviews!!!!

Can they really be that bad?! They seem like a good company and they instrument they use looks alot better than the strip surgery?

Does anyone have any good advice or anything good to say about DHI?

Thanks guys

Ollie

Kennycombover,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Discussion Forums! It's definitely okay to ask as many questions as necessary. In fact, we encourage all members to research as much as possible before deciding on a treatment plan or scheduling a hair transplant procedure. Please, feel free to research our network through the forum search function, and don't hesitate to ask any additional questions on this thread or through a private message.

With regard to your questions, the hair transplant network does recommend excellent hair restoration surgeons - many of who perform FUE (follicular unit extraction) procedures. I highly recommend consulting (either in person or online) with one of these hair transplant surgeons. Additionally, I think it may be advantageous to investigate hair loss medications such as minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia). I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.