Dr. Nakatsui, eyebrow transplant, 4 months

I have never posted an eyebrow transplant before so I thought I would submit one as this woman returned to my office the other day and she was about 4 months out from her transplant. Prior to the transplant, she had very fine eyebrows and was interested in thickening them.

I went through the risks of procedure, including the need for constant trimming of the hair and the increased coarseness of the transplanted hairs. I am always surprised at how many women are completely willing to undertake the constant maintenance this procedure entails. Not one complains about the maintenance--they are just so happy that their eyebrows are thicker. Personally, I have trouble watering the trees around my yard even once a week/month.

In any case, she is about 4 months out and I would expect things to continue to improve. The blue markings in the pre-operative photos are just ink showing where we were going to insert the grafts.

Dr Nakatsui

4847899098_ea761e70fa_b.jpg

4847899292_cc5e653c59_b.jpg

4847276895_be109e75c8_b.jpg

4847277091_467e5748a3_b.jpg

Dr. Nakatsui,

Thank you for posting this case. It's always interesting to see hair restoration to other parts of the body other than the head.

On the topic of regular maintenance, I know exactly what you mean. I could never keep it up. As it is I've got to trim my eyebrows more often that I like.

Great work!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 years later...

Hi Dr. Nakatsui,

This looks like really good growth for only 4 months. I'm strongly considering this procedure. I sent you an email about a week ago inquiring about this. I look forward to hearing back from you.

~ Ashley