DR. TRUE - 1 Frontal FUT of 2597 Grafts - after 4 Years

This case is demonstrates how a single transplant session can produce a result that can stand the test of time, creating natural, uniform, permanent hair despite further hair loss progression in the treated area.

Dr. True met this patient in 2006 after he had been thinning for @ 7 years and had developed a 4/4a type pattern. As the befores indicate, the front was extremely miniaturized and crown was showing early signs of thinning. He started on Propecia and at the same time did a strip FUT of 2597 follicular units consisting of 1134 singles and 1463 twos/threes.

Presently all of his front is now transplanted. The top/crown has been fairly well stabilized with Propecia. Dr. True plans to do a second procedure to now add higher density to the frontal/top region.

sbt.jpg

sbt1.jpg

sbt2.jpg

sbt3.jpg

sbt4.jpg

sbt5.jpg

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

appreciate the comment Mick....yea the treatment really held up well, would be nice to beef up the front some more but not bad as is..........for anyone that wonders about the role of Propecia, this is just another example of how meaningful its use can be - it can really change the dynamics of hair loss progression and allows the hair transplant restoration to be that much more successful and efficient.

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

Nice!! This is a great example of what ht meds and great ht surgeon can produce. More hairs CAN be transplanted but it certainly isn't necessary. I really like Dr True's approach to hair restoration. Thanks for sharing.

I have to agree with what has already been stated. This patient's hair is much improved and, while a little more density in the top and front will definitely look nice, it certainly isn't necessary here. His hair is cosmetically appealing as is. Nice work!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website