Redondo Beach area - Any docs to see?

Mercury

Hi

I'm new to this and recently found this web site. Great information and articles. Just found where I could wrtie questions.

I'm in the Redondo Beach area in California. Any docs people have had good luck with around here.

I have hairloss on top and to the back of my head. Would like to know options from a good doctor people trust.

Thanks. :)

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

Mercury,

The hair transplant network recommends quite a few highly qualified hair transplant surgeons in California. I definitely would review these doctors. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look up the doctors that are listed here and dr. Umar. I like this community so I'll keep on checking these out too.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the advice. I'll look up the doctors that are listed here and dr. Umar. I like this community so I'll keep on checking these out too.

Everyone who has been to Dr. Umar on this forum, including myself loves him. The only people on here that don't love him are the ones that don't trust his body hair transplants, especially the megasessions.

But those of us who have had head hair only transplants love him - if you have and don't please speak up - and I highly recommend him.

I had tremendous results and after 10 months can now fully recommend him. He is, in my opinion, one of the best in the world. And, if you can afford him - and you shouldn't decide on price whoever you choose - you are fortunate that he is in your back yard.

Dr. Uman seems to get excellent growth, but I'm not a big fan of his hairlines, I just don't think they look as natural as that of some other physicians. I also don't like his tendency to use nape hair because nape hair is oftentimes lost as men age.

However, because he appears to be providing high quality FUE with excellent growth at "only" $6 per graft, I'd definitely consider him if I lived in California.

Dr. Uman seems to get excellent growth, but I'm not a big fan of his hairlines, I just don't think they look as natural as that of some other physicians. I also don't like his tendency to use nape hair because nape hair is oftentimes lost as men age.

However, because he appears to be providing high quality FUE with excellent growth at "only" $6 per graft, I'd definitely consider him if I lived in California.

TC17, keep an eye out for an upcoming video of a patient with 2600 grafts at the 8 month mark. That video is of me. Look at that video when it comes out and you tell me if there is one thing you can nitpick about my hairline. IMO, its masterful.

In fact I told about 10 people I had surgery and they can't tell a thing. My hairstylist has been blown away and everyone who never knew, never knew.

I think his use of nape hair makes the hairline extremely natural. And if somehow I lose my nape hair when I'm 70 (most men don't) then my hairline will then look only as good as most other doctors' normal hairlines.

windjc,

I have no doubt that Dr. Umar has produced some excellent hairlines. My point was that I'm not as impressed with his hairlines as I am of other doctors. It's purely a matter of personal preference, and for what it's worth, I think he should be recommended on this site.

As for the nape hair, I disagree with you. A lot of men lose nape hair, and not just when they're 70. I have no problem in taking non permanent hair and using it in the crown or midscalp area on a younger patient to give him extra years of having hair in those areas, even though I know that hair will eventually fall out. But, I'd say that approach is appropriate only in a select few patients, and not as a standard procedure.

Dr. Umar, on the other hand, appears to use nape hair as standard practice when constructing his hairlines. I'd challenge his assertion that it makes hairlines look better, because I see hairlines from Dr. Konior, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Rahal, SMG, True and Dorin, Reed and Carman, etc., that look outstanding, and don't use nape hair.

In the grand scheme of things, I'd say taking hair from the nape area is a small issue, but an issue nonetheless, and one that should be addressed whenever one discusses Dr. Umar. I am concerned that if he relies on nape hair to construct his hairlines, and that if the nape hair falls out, his hairline might not look natural, because it's naturalness was derived from the now gone nape hair.

TC17, keep an eye out for an upcoming video of a patient with 2600 grafts at the 8 month mark. That video is of me. Look at that video when it comes out and you tell me if there is one thing you can nitpick about my hairline. IMO, its masterful.

Any idea when the video will be posted? I'm looking forward to seeing it.

windjc,

I have no doubt that Dr. Umar has produced some excellent hairlines. My point was that I'm not as impressed with his hairlines as I am of other doctors. It's purely a matter of personal preference, and for what it's worth, I think he should be recommended on this site.

As for the nape hair, I disagree with you. A lot of men lose nape hair, and not just when they're 70. I have no problem in taking non permanent hair and using it in the crown or midscalp area on a younger patient to give him extra years of having hair in those areas, even though I know that hair will eventually fall out. But, I'd say that approach is appropriate only in a select few patients, and not as a standard procedure.

Dr. Umar, on the other hand, appears to use nape hair as standard practice when constructing his hairlines. I'd challenge his assertion that it makes hairlines look better, because I see hairlines from Dr. Konior, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Rahal, SMG, True and Dorin, Reed and Carman, etc., that look outstanding, and don't use nape hair.

In the grand scheme of things, I'd say taking hair from the nape area is a small issue, but an issue nonetheless, and one that should be addressed whenever one discusses Dr. Umar. I am concerned that if he relies on nape hair to construct his hairlines, and that if the nape hair falls out, his hairline might not look natural, because it's naturalness was derived from the now gone nape hair.

Again I must disagree. The nape hairs are so fine you can't see them in pictures and video. They simply create an optical illusion so to speak. I think many people who haven't seen them in person on the hairline have a misconception about what they really look like. They simply soften the hairline and you really can't tell as much in photos as you can in person.