Potential Recommendation for Dr. Parsa Mohebi of Los Angeles, CA

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

I would appreciate this community’s input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Parsa Mohebi of Los Angeles, CA on the Hair Transplant Network. At this time, Dr. Mohebi is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Parsa Mohebi opened his own clinic in 2008 after completing a one year fellowship with Coalition member Dr. Bill Rassman. He now performs hair transplants exclusively and has for almost 3 years at his own clinic, US Hair Restoration. Dr. Mohebi’s surgical staff consists of 3 full time cutters and planters averaging over 10 years of experience.

In 2008, Pat Hennessey, publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, had the opportunity to observe Dr. Mohebi and his staff performs hair transplant surgery at his clinic. While Dr. Mohebi was still newer to surgical hair restoration at the time of Pat’s visit, Pat was impressed with his dedication to state of the art hair transplant techniques. To view the highlights from Pat’s visit, see “Pat’s Visit to Dr. Parsa Mohebi’s Clinic in Los Angeles, California”. Now, over 2 years later, Dr. Mohebi has presented over a dozen examples of his results that in my opinion, exemplify the quality of his work.

Dr. Mohebi has the staff and experience to perform large sessions exceeding 3000 follicular unit grafts when appropriate for the patient. His experienced surgical team meticulously trims and prepares all grafts under microscopes.

In addition to performing state of the art follicular unit hair transplantation, Dr. Mohebi also performs follicular unit extraction (FUE) with sessions up to 1500 grafts daily for patients who are qualified.

Dr. Mohebi uses 20 gauge needles to make tiny graft incisions in the recipient area as small as 0.89mm. He intentionally zig zags his donor excision slightly so that the thin donor scar is harder to detect even under close examination. Dr. Mohebi uses a double layer closure when he feels it’s appropriate to minimize any potential scarring. He uses staples to seal the wound externally and typically only uses the trichophytic closure on the last surgery with some exceptions. Dr. Mohebi feels this allows him to maximize the number of grafts he can obtain in subsequent procedures while reserving the best scar when the transformation is complete.

Dr. Mohebi creates parallel (sagital) incisions at the hairline and perpendicular (coronal) incisions in the posterior areas to maximize hairline naturalness and the appearance of density behind it.

Having a strong interest in researching hair growth, wound healing, and hair multiplication, Dr. Mohebi currently collaborates with academic centers on studies relating to hair growth, gene therapy techniques and hair multiplication.

Given Dr. Mohebi and his staff's excellent credentials, experience and technique, I believe he should be considered for recommendation. To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Below, view some of their patient and surgical photos. You can find several other examples of his work in the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum.

2948 Grafts with Dr. Mohebi

3515 Grafts with Dr. Mohebi in two procedures

2995 Grafts with Dr. Mohebi

3324 Grafts with Dr. Mohebi

3162 Grafts with Dr. Mohebi

3458 Grafts with Dr. Mohebi

1400 Grafts with Dr. Mohebi

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

Hi Bill. I was going thru the contents and photos of your recommendations. The pre, post op and results pics look excellent. Top that up with Pat's visit couple years ago ; i think we have a winner in Doc Mohebi :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Bill (and or Dr. Mohebi),

I'm curious as to why Dr. Mohebi chooses to make parallel incisions at the hairline? I don't think I've heard of many other doctors doing this, and I'm wondering what type of advantage it offers?

Having said that, I've been impressed by Dr. Mohebi's work for some time (very natural and realistic), and I think he'd make a nice edition to the community.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake,

Many physicians create sagital (paralel) incisions at the hairline and beyond. Others prefer creating coronal/lateral (perpendicular) incisions. Each physician has their preferences. Dr. Mohebi feels that the use of sagital incisions at the hairline aid in creating naturalness. He uses coronals behind the hairline to aid in creating density.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks every one for your warm comments and good questions.

Future HT Doc,

I use sagittal incision on the very front of my hairlines only to make the hairline (that will be receiving single hair follicular units). Sagittal incisions are used to minimize the level of injury to the small dermal blood vessels that travel from front to top. The reason we do not use sagittal incisions on the more posterior areas and behind the hairline is to increase the appearance of fullness in those areas (as Bill mentioned too).

Thanks,

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Bill,

Dr Mohebi certainly deserves to be included in recommendation here.He developed his craft under one of the worlds finest surgeons in Dr Rassman.He has continued whilst branching out on his own to produce top quality work.

I have got no doubt as time progresses his practice will prosper and he will become regarded in the highest levels of the field.

It also helps that he has a great demeanour and always has a smile on his face.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Mohebi,

Thank you for addressing my question!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I feel that Dr. Mohebi's work fits the description of "highly refined." His hairlines look very natural.

I also find the concept of saving the trichophytic closure for the final procedure very interesting. I've never heard of this approach before and I'm wondering if any other hair transplant physicians feel that this approach is beneficial.

I think he would make a fine addition to our list of recommended hair restoration physicians.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Bill,

Dr Mohebi certainly deserves to be included in recommendation here.He developed his craft under one of the worlds finest surgeons in Dr Rassman.He has continued whilst branching out on his own to produce top quality work.

I have got no doubt as time progresses his practice will prosper and he will become regarded in the highest levels of the field.

It also helps that he has a great demeanour and always has a smile on his face.

Mick

Thanks Mike for your recommendation and recognition.

I look forward to seeing you in the next annual meeting of ISHRS in Boston and to working along reputable practices like yours here in this society to educate patients in their hair restoration process.

Best,

Parsa Mohebi, MD

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

I feel that Dr. Mohebi's work fits the description of "highly refined." His hairlines look very natural.

I also find the concept of saving the trichophytic closure for the final procedure very interesting. I've never heard of this approach before and I'm wondering if any other hair transplant physicians feel that this approach is beneficial.

I think he would make a fine addition to our list of recommended hair restoration physicians.

Thanks Taking-The-Plunge for your comment and recognition,

Hair Restoration Surgery is still young and we keep coming up with new methods and are able to refine our old ones. Since two years ago when Path visited our Los Angeles Hair Restoration Office we have made a few fine tuning in some of our procedures. We used to do one sided trichophytic closure in the past. Today, we do two sided trichophytic closure in most patients. By doing two sided trichophytic closure we minimize the width of skin top layer (epithelium) that is removed on each side and instead remove narrower epithelium from two edges of the wound. This approach allows us to get better results while it minimize the risk of folliculitis or ingrown hair which are the two complications of tricotomy (due to the width of epithelium that is being removed and inability of some the hair follicles or oil glands to find their way out).

I will post some examples of the double edged trichophytic closure soon.

Edited by Dr. Mohebi

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

"Robin,

Thank you for posting this fantastic restoration. It looks like great coverage for the number of grafts. Do you have any immediately post-op photos showing graft placement?"

Thanks TakingThePlunge,

The following are the photos you requested, but I am posting them on this physicians thread to avoid any overrevealing photos for potential patients. Hope this is more of what you were looking to see. :)

DSCN7632.jpg.e499022fc377f6822489fb0de0350f09.jpg

DSCN7633.jpg.e35b9d090ad8b4bcef0d8bb1dc8d57e5.jpg

DSCN7634.jpg.1773ca83ea2dc800cdca0ba9addef295.jpg

DSCN7636.jpg.9a9f40d64998a1fa3b8c0eb1f917c21e.jpg

DSCN7637.jpg.bd372ebf73302ce536f7786d66eaf091.jpg

Robin

I am employed by Dr. Parsa Mohebi at US Hair Restoration.

Robin,

Thanks for posting some immediately post-op photos. As expected, Dr. Mohebi's work looks very clean and refined.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

I truly appreciate everyone's thoughtful input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Parsa Mohebi. After thoroughly evaluating his technique and results on this forum for almost 2 years, I felt quite confident that Dr. Mohebi would make a great addition to our community.

Given the overwhelmingly positive feedback we've received from our patient and physician members, Dr. Parsa Mohebi has been approved for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. I trust we'll continue to see excellent things from him and his clinic as he proceeds in presenting additional examples of his work on this community.

Let's offer our congratulations to Dr. Mohebi. To view Dr. Mohebi's recommendation profile, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

Congratulations Dr. Mohebi!

Dr. Mohebi,

Congratulations on becoming the newest recommended Hair restoration physician on the Hair Transplant Network.

I look forward to seeing more examples of your highly refined follicular unit hair transplantation in the future.