6 Months 12 Days Post-Op - Dr. Rahal

EV

EV,

I think your hair is looking great so far. You still have 6+ months of more growth and thickening. I'm not too thrilled with the right side of my hairline either but only time will tell if our right sides will fill in or not (I'm 4 months and 3 weeks post-op). I wish you luck in the upcoming months and keep the updates coming.

EV,

Thank you for sharing the latest updates. Your hair looks great, especially for the 6 month mark!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

first off, I think your hair looks very, very good. with regards to the HT, I find it difficult to judge. is the hairline we're seeing in the 6 month pics all new transplanted hair? did Rahal lower your hairline about an inch or so? if so, the hair looks remarkable for only 6 months. they look like they've fully matured which is also the part that confuses me, because I'd expect new hair to still be a bit wispy. that's why I ask if what we're looking at is new hair or not.

Hey Megatron...great to hear from you. The hairline in the 6 month photo isn't completely new but much of it is. The hairline left and right have both been enhanced with transplanted hair...much more so on the right (those hairs are still a bit thin and wispy as you can see). The widow's peak has also been enhanced a bit...not so much in terms of lowering but in terms of filling in. All told, Dr. Rahal lowered the hairline a bit in each temple corner and probably a full 1/2 inch on the right side where the most loss and recession had occurred.

The hair directly behind the hairline, as well as the strong, fully matured hair a bit right of center was all there before and looks even healthier than before the surgery...probably due to the blending with the new hair.

I'm really glad it looks good to you and thanks so much for the interest and comments. :)

EV your results look very good at this point. I had twice the grafts as you in the same amount of area, my surgery was 9 days before yours and I don't have that kind of growth yet.

I also like how your hairline has the slight undulations in it, making it slightly nonlinear. You should be very pleased.

Edited by phil mascallpen

Hey Phil - it's nice to hear from you. I appreciate the comments, as well as you sharing a bit about your own growth timeline. I also like the undulations Dr. Rahal added to the hairline. They're in sync with the way my hair looked before it started receding and they definitely help with the naturalness of the appearance of the transplant.

I wish you good growth and good luck as your hair continues to grow in and hopefully we'll both be ecstatic when everything is all done growing. Cheers!

the best way to show pics is to make outdoors and not indoors using flash. ur hair looks good but it wasnt bad before the ht. it seems that the area that has transplanted is somewhat thin. keep us updated and i wish the best desirible outcome and thickening the next months