Finapecia - first 20days- side effects

Haircare99

hey guys, i m using finapecia (propecia- generic) and in to 20th day and seeing some effects, mostly sexual

i m getting erections gud but not frequent as it used to be but erections are not hard as they were. its very normal to have erections in the morning for the most of the guys;):D, but those erections are not that hard and not frequent, its worryin me

is it normal to have these side effects in early days and will these reduce as time progress. please educate me folks.

Thanq

Edited by Haircare99

I don't think it is normal. Keep on using it and see what happens to your hair and how the side effects turn out. If it does turn out that you are getting some strong sexual side effects, you might have to stop using Finasteride, but once you get to that stage, you can discuss the issue with a qualified physician.

Good luck

@aw33, thanx for reply

hmm will continue to use it, would you suggest me any timeline for usage., i really would appreciate the answer,

i m worryin these would be permanent, hopefully they wnt. thinking to take 1 month timeout and checkout whether evrything normal without dosage, wat say??

30 days isn't an adequate amount of time to evaluate this drug. I personally saw thicker hairs and less hair falling out by month 3 and I saw my best results 1 year into usage. I haven't personally experienced any major side effects but I have seen some guys post that their side effects did not go away after they stopped using the drug - there's no way to be sure that these guys were claiming the truth but I have seen a small number of guys post this. According to the drug makers, sexual side effects disappear some time after stoppage of usage.

Thanx for reply,,

I m taking evryday 1mg finasteride, is it ok??

i gone through forum and found out most of the guys take the drug evry other day to minimise sides, would you advice me to do the same, or its too early to change to EOD, plz educate me

Ive been on it now for over 2 months and i had the same side effects as you!!

It started to go away slightly day by day.

I had poor hardies errr poor feeling when orgasmed(didnt feel as sensitive)

Just keep using it and see how your turn out.

try not to worry about it 2much that was effecting me so much during sex,remb mind is a powerful thing.

I bet if you dont worry about i, i bet you start to feel better :D

Haircare99, I cannot give you any advice about dosage, you should consult with the doctor who prescribed you Finasteride - he/she will give you your best solution. And while churchies is right in saying you'll feel better if you stop worrying about it (it does work), its hard to do that for something that makes up such a big part of your appearance, especially if your young. Its just a tough part of life we have to go through until we can find a solution.

Good luck!

im also young 25 years of age and been through a shit time with my ex ptner!! in a nut shell she was cheating and messed my head up wanted me back which even screw my head up more,but theres no going back now.

i kno that my hair loss really speeded up due in the break up(prob stress)

its up to you and everyones diffrent,but i would cont using it and see what happends.

i was giving the same advice by someone else on this forum and it worked.

im just pending on results b4 poss HT in one year

I had sides on 1mg so switched to 0.5 every 2 days as propecia has a flat dose curve i.e half does nearly same as 1 tablet and there are lots of charts and studies that show this. 1 dose also lowers DHT for upto a week hence why alot of people take it every 2 or 3 days.I wouldnt bother asking your doctor about doses etc as a general practitioner doesnt usually know what propecia is let alone about dosing. You will learn more online than through your G.P !!!. I have had positive results on this dose by the way 15 months down the road.Its the most effective drug available to combat hairloss so play around with the dose to c if u can take it long term.

HT 2006/7

• 3 weeks later...

That is a great answer T.C. I know some people who even take it twice a week. A doctor said to me once that if i was getting side effects, it means that i am more receptive to the drug, hence reduced usage should be fine. Since this is the only thing that works, we should definitely try and play around with it...Good luck guys