Croga,

It's possible that you're experiencing some mild recession, but you know your hair better than any of us. Have you noticed any change in the appearance of your hair or hairline position?

You may also want to consult a dermatologist for a miniaturization test. He/she can then determine if you're experiencing the onset of pattern baldness and then you can decide whether or not you want to start early intervention with proven medical treatments like Propecia and Rogaine.

Best wishes,

Bill

Croga,

Bill provided some excellent advice. I would definitely research these suggestions. Also, would you mind providing your age? It may give (slightly) further insight into your situation.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey, Im 21, and it started a couple of months ago when i was really stressed. My scalp became really itchy and stingy and lumps started growing on it even some the size of a marble but with the help of nizoral that has gone away. Before this happened my hairline was pretty straight then over the last few months it has thinned to where it is now (im not sure if it has stopped or if it will continue). You can see where it has thinned in the first pic. Could this be a mature hairline forming?

Edited by Croga

Croga,

Thank you for providing your age. Yes, it technically could be a maturing hairline, or it could be something else. The fact that you were experiencing such bad scalp irritation, combined with your young age, solid amount of current hair, and uncertainty as to whether or not you are losing hair, makes seeing a dermatologist all the more important. I would set an appointment, explain everything to the dermatologist, and let the doctor do a thorough evaluation.

Please feel free to ask any further questions, and keep us updated on your situation. Furthermore, if you feel like really optimizing your experience on these forums, you should look into creating a hair loss blog and updating your social profile.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.