My Second HT with Dr. Alexander

Hello Everyone!

As some of you probably know by now, I just had my second procedure with Dr. Alexander last Monday. The plan was to add 1500 grafts to fill in areas of low density from the first HT and also lower the hairline. My strip ended up yielding 1833 instead!

I had a great experience and I'm thrilled with the design of the new hairline. I just created a new photo album with some pics I took with my webcam. Not great quality but I'll update it when Dr. A sends me the pre and post-op pics that he took.

I really want to thank Dr. Alexander and his staff for taking great care of me and doing all they can to ensure that I have a great outcome this time around! As always, I also want to thank all the members of this community who have offered their knowledge and support over the past 14 months.

Here's to the next 10 months of growth!

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I just had a look thru your blog. what a journey youve been on. But your hair looks great at the end of it. Another 1800 grafts will make another huge difference.

Im going thru a period where I dont see alot happening....5 month mark.......so your pics are a great encouragement.

Cheers

Sunny

TakingThePlunge,

Congratulations! I've followed your blog for sometime now, and I'm excited to see the results from your second procedure progress.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

For anyone who's interest, Taking the Plunge created a photo album with his surgical pictures. To read his hair loss story and experience with hair restoration, visit Taking the Plunge's Social Profile.

Taking the Plunge,

Congratulations again on your recent hair transplant procedure with Dr. Alexander. I trust this procedure will help you meet your density goals.

Best wishes,

Bill

Sunny,

I feel your pain! Take comfort in knowing that it took a looooong time for my hair to look good. I continued to see growth well past the 12 month mark. I wish you luck. Please keep me informed of your progress.

Future_HT_Doc,

Your support is much appreciated! I plan to chronicle all my ups and downs again but I'm hoping for more ups and less drama this time around. :)

Bill,

Thanks for posting the link to my new photo album. I went ahead and updated my old blog also. Are we keeping those? I'm still learning about all the features of our new social network so not sure where to put things at the moment. As always, thanks for your support!

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

TTP, I expect it will take 3 or 4 more months more before I see any significant gains. My hair is very fine and most grafts were in the crown which takes quite a bit longer to grow. I have faith in Dr Paths work though. Hes a good Doc.

Yesterday a work colleague made a remark in front of a young and good looking lady from work that if he worked too hard he would end up losing hair like me....annoyed me I must say and made me a little impatient for results. Im not trying to impress anyone but I dont like my lack of hair being a reason for a snide joke either. Its been 5 months and no-one has noticed anything. I work in an open office. i look forward to the day when i can give them an excuse for the hair thats appeared...:-)

anyway once again your results are encouraging. I'll be following your progress. BTW your hairline looks very natural...the absolutely MOST important part of a good HT.

cheers

Sunny

Sunnycoastman,

It never surprises me how insensitive some people can be. I suppose hair loss is a laughing matter to those who are not experiencing it. I told this story in another post but a few years ago my cousin, whom I had not seen in about 10 years came to town with his wife and two daughters I'd never met. I was really excited to see him. The first thing he says to me (with a big grin on his face) when I walk in is a remark about how thin my hair was! I was totally deflated, embarrassed and pissed off! :mad: Completely ruined the moment. It's not about impressing anyone. It's about the inner you matching the outer you. I totally understand.

mav,

Thanks for the positive vibes! I hope you're right!

Bill,

Thanks for the tip.!

TTP, I think the new work looks spectacular! I hope to be seeing Dr. Alexander as soon as I have the opportunity for my 2nd round with him too.

Congrats!

Atomic

Thanks Atomic!

I saw Dr. A. today to have my stitches out. He said it all looks to be healing nicely so far.

Now for thw waiting...

Yeah, I'm really glad that Dr. A. removes sutures at 7 days. I don't thinkg I could take too much more than that!

Ah, the waiting...what fun! Pink head, sore donor area. Pimples and shock loss to look forward to. You married guys are lucky. I've got to be off the dating circuit for weeks again. :(