Welcome to Your New Hair Loss Forum and Social Community - Updates Featured Here

Quick Update: The programmers are convinced they found and fixed the remaining login issues and fixed the "remember me" so that those who click it will remain logged in until they manually logout (much like how the old forum did this). I do encourage members to use the "remember me" feature if you don't want to have to login every time. Also, if you find it's not working for you for some reason, please let me know.

There's still an issue some are experiencing getting to the forum after they initially login. While it's happening mostly in Firefox (I'm seeing it too), I did have a few reports of a similar issue in Internet Explorer 8. Our programmers are still working to track down and fix this issue. However, for those who are experiencing this issue in FireFox, try using Internet Explorer. Alternatively, you can go back to the home page, logout, and login again, and then you should be able to get to the forum.

Safari web browser also seems to be working without any issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience of a few ongoing bugs. But we're getting through them a few at a time and hope to have them all finished sometime next week :).

Thanks for your patience!

Bill

Guys,

I just heard from the programmers and they found and fixed the issues some members were having accessing the forum from Firefox (and occasionally Internet Explorer). All the major bugs that were found have been fixed. Our programmers will be updating and patching the discussion forum in the next couple of days to resolve a few additional minor bugs. Then, we have a list of enhancements we'll be working with the programmers to add to make this community even more robust :-)

As always, if you have any suggestions or things you'd like to see featured in this community, let us know and we'll be glad to consider it.

Best wishes,

Bill

Matt,

You have to click the "remember me" feature when you log in. Once you do, you should stay logged in. I've been using Firefox and the "remember me" is working just fine on my end. I've also gotten reports from others that it's working.

What version of Firefox are you using?

Bill

I appreciate everyone who's provided feedback so far and enhancement suggestions. Now that the majority of the bugs have been resolved, we'll be working on the following enhancements. If you have any additional suggestions, I encourage you to reply to this topic with your feedback.

1. On new forum posts, the "manage attachments" and "notifications" will most likely be moved up so they're more obvious.

2. The 6 most active members of this community will be rewarded by being featured on each member's profile in place of the random profiles currently being displayed

3. The most active members of this community will also appear on the home page along with the popular members (members with the most friendships) and newest members.

4. When clicking on a user's name on the forum, some of the options will be changed to interact more directly with the social community. This includes sending a private message and adding a user to your friends.

5. The instant messenger feature will be included in the forum section in addition to the social community. This will give you the ability to instant message your friends who are online from anywhere on the community.

6. The "blog" section currently enables members to add photos. However, on the main blog listing site, an image from the blog will be displayed next to the text to be more compelling.

7. Incoming friend requests will apear next to the "Friends" category much like how new messages appear next to the "Messages" category on the navigation bar.

8. Photos and images added to blogs can be moved up however, they can't currently be moved down. This feature will be added.

9. In addition to the ability to upload your own profile picture, members will have the ability to select from a list of default pictures instead of being stuck with the generic robotic looking image.

10. A more obvious "Login" and "Join" link/button will be added to the forum for guests browsing the forum.

11. The "video" page currently does not have a search feature. We are going to work on adding this.

We're hoping we're able to make all of the above enhancements and make them in a timely manner. Again, if anyone has any suggestions for improvement, I encourage you to post them on this topic.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

Some of the customization work we had done on the forum was accidentally removed due to an upgrade to our forum that took place earlier this morning. We're currently working with the programmers to get this put back in place. Among these were accessing a user's social profile by clicking on "View Public Profile" or on a particular user's name and private messaging related features. We're working on restoring these features ASAP.

Stay tuned!

Bill Seemiller

This place seems to be a forum within a social networking framework, and so there appears to be two parallel private messaging systems. I've sent PMs via the forum profiles and I just got an email telling me of a reply, but I can't for the life of me find how to access them, which is weird because I'm sure I have done before.

Bill, am I making sense here? One of the PMs was to you and I have a feeling you didn't see it.

There also seem to be two ways to log in, and the one which I was using didn't have a 'remember me' box to check, which was the cause of my problem with being logged out.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Matt,

The forum "private messaging" was originally disabled but then our programmers accidentally re-activated it during the last upgrade. While this is being fixed, I strongly encourage you and other members not to use the forum private messaging feature. Instead, use the messaging feature built-in to the social community. Our programmers are working on disabling the private messaging feature on the forum again as we speak.

Regarding the separate login areas, I'll have to get our programmers to check on this. Our system should really be pushing all logins through the social community interface.

Thanks for reporting this,

Bill

All private messages should be sent via the social community.

Bill, I have one waiting to read, and I'd like to see it, but I can't find it. Can you help me with that? I'll use the social community feature from now on, although the most common route for PMs I think is by clicking a member's user profile and doing it that way, through the forum. I'm surprised others aren't bringing this up.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Matt,

the forum private messages have already been disabled. We are working with the programmers to integrate the social private messaging feature with the forum. Some of the integration was already completed but was inadvertently broken by the latest forum upgrade. In the meantime, you can click "messages" above and send anyone you'd like a private message. You can also click "find members" above and send a message to a member right from their member profile.

You were able to click on a member's name on the forum and be taken to their profile however, this too was broken after the upgrade. It's currently being fixed.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Bill Seemiller

when we edit the profile, we can only choose 1 ht doc. what if we have more than 1 ht doc and what if the doc name isnt in the drop down list. i think a multiple selection menu with an option to input a docs name who doesnt exist in the list must be added

Tsakalos,

Thanks for your suggestions. We'll certainly consider them moving forward. In the meantime, I did add a new field "Other Hair Restoration Physicians" that allows members to manually type the name of any surgeons that aren't in the drop down list. Note, that only physicians recommended by this community are in the drop down list.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Im Harold of (Promotional Link Removed) care centre. I hope I can be a big help to all you guys out there who are having hair loss problem. We cater to all (Promotional Link Removed)

Happy hair growing and best regards.

Harold

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Promotional Links

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone i just had a procedure done march 22nd by robert dorin, great guy great office very nice experience I was made very comfortable by great staff and felt secure in his hands he didn't blow smoke either very honest bout what to expect, lunch was great also lol..... i had 1456 grafts and prob will need 2nd 1 for density but we'll see like he said i might be happy with density i get. After 2 days pain is waaaaay down don't really need meds but uggggg the itching lol

Edited by DredLcks

DredLcks,

Welcome to our community. You've certainly selected an excellent physician to do your hair transplant.

I do however, recommend starting your own topic to share your experience and photos. Otherwise, your post may go unnoticed by the vast majority of our members on this old unrelated topic.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 8 months later...
Guest alysdare

Thanks for the welcome us.I am newbie here.I have just joined this beautiful forum .There are a lot of information about hairs.

• 1 year later...