Herbal Hair Loss Remedies

Are there herbal hair loss remedies? Sanr  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beware of possible side-effects of the prescription drugs, such as Rogaine (Monoxadil)i.e. that is not to be used during pregnancy or breastfeading (Men do not have that problem anyway :-)

There are some promising natural hair loss remedies out there, just have to look around.

<span class="ev_code_red">Important Moderator Note:</span>

Blatant Promotions and Solicitations are not allowed here. See our terms of service for more information.

Failure to comply to these rules will result in suspension of posting privileges. Thank you.

Bill - Moderator

I dont understand the poll

Bottom line the herbal stuff is garbage

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Originally posted by Joy John:

herbal hair remedies are good since they do not cause ant side effects. Here is one product which I came across and I helped me a lot. (promotional link removed)

I checked out the site and it says this about the product:

"Note: Hair Loss Cream does not work in cases of Male Pattern Baldness (baldness due to genetic reasons)."

At least they're honest icon_smile.gif But I'm trying to figure out what kind of "hair loss" it would help, then. Maybe it prevents trichotillomania?!?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

• 2 months later...
Are there herbal hair loss remedies?

Emeni med - Soak fenugreek (Hilba) in deep pot of water throughout the night. Massage the liquid into the scalp and wrap with a cloth for 3 hours. Repeat everyday for 1 month.

Onion (Allium cepa) - this has a high sulfur content that is believed to have hair-healing properties. Some herbalists believe that rubbing the scalp with half an onion before washing hair encourages hair growth.

Fiber - is vital to cleansing, and most North American diets are deficient in natural fiber. Psyllium husk is a bulking laxative agent that can be used to safely move waste through the colon.

These are some of the best herbal hair loss remedies to cure your hair from loss....Good Luck!!!

• 11 months later...

I would hate to rub my scalp with an onion, even if I was washing it afterwards!

I agree that the non-prescription remedies seem safer. I hate the idea of minoxidil, especially since I've never known any women who have found it helpful. I could be wrong, but...

• 2 months later...

Ginger hair oil is a wonderful hair treatment which stimulates hair growth, boosts the scalp's circulation, and alleviates dandruff. Ginger treatment will leave your hair feel soft, clean, and pleasantly smelling of herbs. In order to make this fantastic hair remedy at home, grate 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, place it in a cheesecloth, and squeeze ginger juice (you will get about 1/4 tsp juice). Mix the fresh juice with 1/4 cup light sesame oil and blend well together. To treat hair, apply the ready ginger hair oil onto your scalp, massage inside your hair, and leave on for about 15 minutes before shampooing.

• 5 months later...

Green tea is another popular herbal remedy as it is believed that the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase is inhibited by the catechins found in the green tea. Some herbalists claim that you will reduce the risk of male pattern type baldness if you drink several cups of green tea or take it in capsule form on a daily basis.

Herbal treatment increase circulation, disinfect the scalp and stimulate hair growth.

Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea. This helps hair grow. Catmint or chamomile infusions used as a final rinse can help with itchiness, a source of hair loss.

Horsetail is a good source of silica. Silica helps to keep hair strong and looking shiny and sleek. To shampoo hair, steep 2 tbsp. horsetail in 4 oz. hot water and add to a baby shampoo.

Aloe, birch leaves, nettles, stinging nettle, watercress are very excellent skin and blood cleaners. Drink 1 table spoon of juice of birch leaves, stinging nettle and watercress, mixed in a glass of water to cleanse the blood.

Some Important Facts about Nettle

Nettle Root could be considered a viable hair loss treatment because of it's inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase enzyme properties. But because this has not been clinically tested as a hair loss treatment, one cannot say with any amount of certainty that it has any level of efficacy for hair restoration. Additionally, because there has been no formal clinical studies, dosage and how it should be used (orally or topically) is also, at best, speculation.3

When topically applied, irritation of the scalp or an allergic reaction can occur. When taken orally, it can cause upset stomach, burning, difficulty with urination, bloating, and edema. This product should not be used in patients with heart or kidney problems as due to fluid retention properties.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've tried a few supplements with little to no success. I've been using Rogaine foam and Propecia daily throughout experimenting with these supplements (except saw palmetto, which I used before I started Propecia).

Saw Palmetto -- Unknown whether it helped, but it would give me intensely bad breath. I was taking 450 mg a day of Puritan's Pride Saw Palmetto Serenoa repens, natural whole herb, non-irradiated whatever that means. It was powdery stuff in a clear capsule. The bad breath was coming from my stomach, not my mouth. Brushing my teeth wouldn't get rid of it.

Regular multi-vitamin -- no noticeable change.

Super Biotin -- I forgot the dosage, but I didn't notice any benefit or problem in the two or three weeks I took it.

Maxi-hair -- a multivitamin I got from Whole Foods. I'd take it twice a day with no known benefit, but no noticeable problems. On the bottle it says it is supposed to nourish your hair, nails, and skin. Using my nails as an indicator, it never helped me. I have had vertical ridges in my nails my entire life which my mom said was a deficiency in something... and this didn't help that.

Mega Vitamins for the Hair -- got this from Puritan's Pride because it was cheaper than Maxi-hair. It doesn't have all the same stuff as Maxi-hair, I actually preferred Maxi-hair over this (less taste), but this is so much cheaper that it makes sense. You're supposed to take it 3 times a day, I take it twice. No known benefit, but no problems. Been taking it for maybe 5 months now.

Collectively between taking the three different types of multi-vitamins, I have been sick with more colds than ever before in my life. Lots of throat issues. I don't know if they correlate, but I feel like the multi-vitamins actually lower my immune system.

MSM -- I take 1000 mg of this. Since starting taking it, I have had an increase in the number of zits in my temple/receiding hairline area. Calling these zits may be inappropriate. I nicknamed them "seeds," because when I scratch one off accidentally, it always has a blonde peach-fuzz hair in it. I do not know if this is a hair that has died, or if it was new growth that I accidentally scratched off. Anyway, my knees don't pop when I squat lately, so at least the MSM has helped that. On the downside, if I burp after taking the vitamin (which occasionally happens within 30 minutes of taking a vitamin), the burp feels like a volcano. It burns.

Vitamin D -- I have been taking 1000 IU of Vitamin D irregularly for a couple of weeks. I haven't noticed any benefit.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Bill - Managing Publisher:

the "poll" is actually 4 years old. But the guy who revived it was a spammer who I've now banished.

Bill

I know this may be old, and not the exact thread -- But since you are the "man" here, I have been searching for that thread about micro needling. A poster by the name of Free___ something..? Anyways, it was a real long thread about him buying a needle and using it on his hairline.

Where was that thread, and what's your take on this approach? I have seen quite a lot of info online to support the theories about the collagen and healing qualities that take place after such tx...

thanks!

Herbal remedies increase circulation, disinfect the scalp and stimulate hair growth. Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea. This helps hair grow.

Horsetail is a good source of silica. Silica helps to keep hair strong and looking shiny and sleek. To shampoo hair, steep 2 tbsp. horsetail in 4 oz. hot water and add to a baby shampoo. Massage scalp regularly with tinctures of stinging nettle, birch, horsetail and rosemary for hair growth stimulation, to disinfect the scalp and to increase blood circulation.

thx... Funny you mentioned apple cider, wow, that has really made a difference on my hair...in the feel, can't say regarding loss.

Also used baking soda, and a mayonaise tx yesterday. Sounds funny, but the idea of using natural products seems a lot better.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to post my story for so many of us who really dont believe in a solution or at least a betterment of Hairloss.

We live in South Africa in Capetown and went to Johannesburg on a business trip. We stayed over at Cherry World Lodge and met Andrea and Alex.

They introduced us to the product HAY which is like a lotion. you apply it after your shower and leave it on till the next wash.

I didnt believe it but after 10 days i could see a hole lot of tiny hairs growing and he cant stop touching his head;o) It is now 2 weeks and i cant wait to see how he will look in 6 months time.

I apologise to the community for putting in the place where i found the remedy which worked for my husband.

I wanted to share my happyness about it, sorry again.

Have a good night

• 1 month later...

You can also try aloe vera, if you don't like the onion. It has been used as an ingredient in many herbal shampoos. To use the aloe vera, you can cut the leaves up in pieces and slather on your scalp or you can buy it in gel form.

It is effective and easy to use because the herb activates the production of nitric oxide plus the enzyme, superoxide dismutane. These two work together to stimulate the scalp and follicles into making new hair.