Strip Excisions (Bosley Vs. "Elite")

**image(s) contained within the link are graphic**

http://www.bosleymedicalviolations.com/procedures.htm

Is the strip excision procedure as highlighted in those two pictures the same as currently done by elite HT docs? If so, it doesn't overly concern me as all that really matters is what is looks like when closed up, how fast it heals, what it looks like after recovery, et. al.

I was, however, struck by the images as it just wasn't something I had ever really imagined. Bottom line, it makes me appreciate the top docs even more and how vital it is to not get suckered into a surgical procedure with dangerous organizations that can royally *%$@ you up.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• Moderators
Is the strip excision procedure as highlighted in those two pictures the same as currently done by elite HT docs?

Yes. That's pretty much it. There was a video posted here some time back that showed the donor strip being removed. I think it's on youtube. The good news in the pictures you link to is that Bosley is using a single blade knife. When I had my HT done at L. I. Medical (Dr Hitzig, Dr Maleka, Dr Schwinning (Stay FAR away from any of them!!!!!) used a 3 blade knife for session sizes of 30 to 122 grafts. I'm sure I lost more follicles from disection and scarring in the donor area than were being transplanted.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

behappy, i had my first ht with karamikian who was hitzig's associate. what a joke the guy is. everyone should stay FAR AWAY from him as well.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by BeHappy:
Is the strip excision procedure as highlighted in those two pictures the same as currently done by elite HT docs?

Yes. That's pretty much it. There was a video posted here some time back that showed the donor strip being removed. I think it's on youtube. The good news in the pictures you link to is that Bosley is using a single blade knife. When I had my HT done at L. I. Medical (Dr Hitzig, Dr Maleka, Dr Schwinning (Stay FAR away from any of them!!!!!) used a 3 blade knife for session sizes of 30 to 122 grafts. I'm sure I lost more follicles from disection and scarring in the donor area than were being transplanted.

Hmm, thx, I'll try to find that clip -- I'm pretty interested in seeing what exactly goes on.

And it never ceases to amaze how abhorrent the standards of surgery can be in the HT field!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!