My 2nd HT with Dr. Victor Hasson

Bushy

Hi, everyone. I have updated my blog with my one-year pics from my second HT with Dr. Hasson. Check out the trip:

6431003813_all_comp.jpg

all_comp.jpg.305d27b7c0e537a4fa78a1eb6a66b342.jpg

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's a top-pic in sunlight! (And you can even see a shadow of me taking the picture! icon_smile.gif )

3971033813_top_sun.jpg

top_sun.jpg.25c167e5ec0daf08e298fc6ed768672f.jpg

My blog.

Yo Bushy- how long is the length of hair on the top and on the sides??? Also, how long did it take to get appreciable "crown" growth post HT? Trying to gauge what an ideal length of hair might be,and why my crown is coming in painfully slow. Thanks bro- looks really good!! Salt -n -Peppa

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

Looks great !

Bushmaster, what is the big difference between your first and second procedure? 1 year post op 1 looked damn good and very full ..

Obviously, pics don't show everything

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Bushy-

Took the time to look through from #1 all the way to the end................you've really achieved a total transformation, my friend. Dr. Hasson did a top notch job! Looks fantastic!!!!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Bushy, It won't be long before you can find work as an Elvis impersonator. Congratulations!

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Nobuzz: Thanks!

S&P: Technically, I didn't have "crown" work, because the second surgery covered the middle top third (went up to the beginning of the crown). I think the HT2 (middle) growth was about as quick as the HT1 growth (front). Right now my sides and front third are about 2 inches, but the middle-top (HT2) is only about 1 inch, which leaves me with an imbalanced profile. As soon as it all fills in and evens out (I suppose another few months) it should look even better. In your situation, the crown itself is notoriously slow. And, of course, some people grow more slowly in general.

Jobi: Look at the top shot: I had no hair in the middle third of my scalp before HT2. Also, I think the new hairline is more refined. In HT1 Dr. Hasson used a jagged approach. Given the quality of my hair (dark, course), I asked Dr. Hasson to make it less jagged this time. I think it was the right choice.

7551083813_1v2.jpg

Hairbank: Thanks, bud. It's really amazing, even to me. In going through all my old photos even I could hardly believe how far I've come. The industry has made humongous strides in the last few years. Despite the torture of wearing a hairpiece for so many years, I'm glad I waited.

Pat: Thanks! How do I attach a sound clip? icon_eek.gif

1v2.jpg.7388d67aea3ef6d0ed11e1fdbf53669c.jpg

My blog.

• 6 months later...

Hi, everyone. It is now 18 months since my second hair transplant with Dr. Hasson. I am now probably 100% grown out. My blog is updated, and I'm posting some nice, full-sized shots here. This is probably my final picture update, and I'm eager to hear your reactions.

Here are pictures with flash:

month18%20ff.jpg

month18%20lf.jpg

month18%20tf.jpg

Without flash, it all looks more dense:

month18%20tnf.jpg

And here is a fun pic I recently took, right out of the shower:

after%20shower1.jpg

What do you think?

My blog.

Bushy,

You certainly have come a long way. Your results are some of the most impressive. I appreciate the effort you have made to provide several angles and even styles. It is nice to know that with the right conditions and in the hands of a gifted surgeon not only can we get our hair back but the possibility of actually having the ability to style things.

It has to be almost lifechanging for you? Everyone of us is likely jealous of the mop of hair you now have. I'm happy for you. Thanks for all your posts to give us all an array of hope.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Bushy,

You certainly have come a long way. Your results are some of the most impressive. I appreciate the effort you have made to provide several angles and even styles. It is nice to know that with the right conditions and in the hands of a gifted surgeon not only can we get our hair back but the possibility of actually having the ability to style things.

It has to be almost lifechanging for you? Everyone of us is likely jealous of the mop of hair you now have. I'm happy for you. Thanks for all your posts to give us all an array of hope.

Thanks, NN. These last few days of "thanks giving" have made me reminisce a bit. I recall the years of fair loss, followed by hairpiece-hell. It was this site which saved my butt from Bosley the morning of my scheduled surgery with them. And the camaraderie and wisdom of so many posters helped guide me to where I am now. It's nice to have hair back, and to be able to style it is a real treat. I'm just learning, too. Here is a new set of combs I just bought:

hair%20tools.jpg

It's gonna take me months to master these. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for your kind words and sentiments, NN.

My blog.

Bushy,

It's nice to see you back on our forum community. I hope you'll stick around for awhile.

You have always been one to post photos from various angles and lighting so other members and guests could see the reality of your result. All that to say, your18 month results look fantastic my friend and hold up very well in varying angles, styles, and lighting.

So what in the world are all of those combs for? Are you starting your own styling salon? :P

Best wishes,

Bill

Glock, thanks! Thrilled is certainly an applicable term here. icon_smile.gif

Mike, that is some compliment. H&W's way with hairlines is one of the main reason I chose them.

Bill, this is where my journey all started. Even when I take some long breaks, I'm always part of the family. Uncle Bushy ain't goin' anywhere. As for starting my own salon, check out my medicine cabinet:

5611099053_gels.jpg

Between that and the combs, I can start up a side-business, don't you think?

Jason, I'm not sure . . . but if you come over we can test them out and see. icon_biggrin.gif

gels.jpg.8ec2994661b65f2c262d92612c6951cb.jpg

My blog.

Congrats Bushy!!

You have come a long way as we all have.. I think we have finally reach the holy grail of hair..

BIG GROUP HUG

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I think perhaps starting your own salon for men might be a good career move icon_wink.gif

I can call it Legal Locks.

My blog.

• 7 months later...

Hi, everyone. I've just updated my blog with my two-year (final?) pics. Your feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Here are some of my favorites:

yr2ff.jpg

yr2tnf2.jpg

I can hardly enumerate the number of ways in which my HT's have changed my life. The journey all began here, on the Hair Transplant Network, one hour before my scheduled Bosley surgery. I owe you big time, Pat. icon_smile.gif

My blog.