My 2nd HT with Dr. Victor Hasson

Bushy

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bill:

Follica,

I 100% disagree with you! I think Bushy's hairline looks incredibly natural. What do you feel looks unnatural about it? To me, everything fits from the position of the hairline, to the soft blend, and the design of the hairline. Even as "trained" as my eyes are from seeing many hair transplants (at least in photos) over the years, I don't think there is anything about his hair that is obviously a hair transplant. It looks 100% natural to me.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion...but I'd like to hear more about why you feel that way.

Bill

Bill, The harline in the spiked photo is the one I was relating to. The hairline does not look natural in that pic. It was suggested that because this is a HT forum that anyone can pick it out because they know. In the real world I am constantly observing other peoples hair, even if it is natural I tend to scrutinize the style. So it's going to be hard to put one past me if it is a HT. Lets face it, these docs are doing great work but they can never mimic nature. Have you ever looked at some of the patient photo's before & after & thought that guy looked better pre HT. Thats because it was natural. For instance my hair naturally parted down the middle, (when I had hair!). So if I get a HT it is going to be different than my

natural style because the doc is going to transplant hair into my natural part. Sometimes the hairline is to thick or coarse & that makes it ez to spot.

As I asked in an earlir post, have you seen John Travolta's hairline lately? Can you spot that as HT? It looks like it was painted on!

You say "Bushy's hairline looks incredibly natural"! Incredible? Yes. 100% natural? No.

I know it is nice to say good things to people about thier HT, but should we sugarcoat everything about a HT? I think we half to be objective if we are going to be of service to anyone. I want to be the nice guy too but I gotta call them as I see them.

Folica,

I respect your response and do understand what you are saying. I think that in many cases you can look at someone and tell that they have had a HT. Certainly old techniques could be spotted a mile away but with the latest technology and artistry of many top surgeons it is getting very hard to tell.

I have talked personally to 2 Coalitions physicians about that topic and they even stated that in some cases they have a hard time telling. They told me that on a couple of occasions they have done consults on people and didn't know that they had previous work until the person told them.(They were playing with the doc) They would have known immediately if they searched for the scar but those are true stories. You hear all the time about hairdressers sometimes not knowing.

I have not examined John Travolta's hairline but will now be looking.

I will try to get my buddy to send me this quiz where you have to guess whether the girl has real or fake breasts. They have 20 photos and you examine the pics and then make your guess whether real or fake. Finally on my 15th attempt icon_biggrin.gif I did manage to get 20 for 20.

Maybe someone should make a similar quiz for HT's.

Folica--I still contend that the only way one could tell that Bushey had a HT is that he is posting pics on a HT website. You might be better than the rest of us at noticing but his work is pretty near perfect/natural.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN, I would love to take the boob challenge, thats easier than spotting a HT for sure, & alot more fun! icon_biggrin.gif

I guess when I see a hairline that is "perfect" as you put it, it throws up a red flag for me. I notice a lot of the posters here are looking for Non see through hair, another red flag for me unless your 18 years old or Ronald Regan.

Maybe less perfect & some see through would appear more natural, to me that is.

I know alot of us are here because of low self esteem due to our hairloss. I don't want to say anymore that might contribute to that. And since I seem to be to honest in my posting's since becoming a member on this forum, I think I should refrain from posting & just read & watch, Silently. Because if I get started about comparing some of the popular coalition docs work I might be tossed like Starz! Although my comments are not meant to be inflamatory like his were. But please guys, tell it like it is & stop the sugar coating. Signing off. Folica.

Folica,

You make some very valid points and I am listening and appreciate what it is you have to say. You are entitled to what it is you want to say and we all should respect that. End of story. I know what you are saying about the thick hairline. I guess some can pull it off and others can't. That is why I like docs that mix it up and customize sort of speak.

Please don't be offended because many of us didn't agree with you in this particular case. Your opinions are very valuable to this forum and by no means do I or anyone else want you to just sit and watch from the sidelines.

What truely makes this site unique is that we are able to discuss things rationally and with level heads. At times some of the topics are pretty controversial and rarely if ever are things not resolved or discussed aimicably.

I for one have had some diffuculties from the start with cetain posts. It is sooo challenging when someone posts their photos and are in most cases waiting for a positive response. It toys with my emotions and my genuine love for people to crush their spirits when the response isn't positive. Three posts stand out for me since being a member:

1. A guy from southeast asia who was going to be getting married posted and was all excited about his new HT. It literally looked like a dolls head. I felt so bad for him when people told him the truth.

2. A young guy who IMO got a hairline like a Silverback gorilla. I responded honestly and couldn't sleep afterwords because I felt so bad. I sent a couple senior members a PM asking if I did the right thing?

3. A recent guy who clearly got old school technique. What do you say to these guys?

It's a tough call. What many of the educated members have reminded me of is that this is a learning site. If we bullshit people about their results and certain shitty docs, someone that briefly glances at this site might not learn anything from it and could become another statistic of lousy results.

If you look at many of my posts, you'll see that I certainly speak my mind. I'm sure that I have irked a few members. I have discussed some very debatable topics such as: Coaltion membership, alternative treatments for hairloss, and recently possible inflated FU counts. I keep waiting for Pat to hit the "red button" and keep me off this site, but I know that he is a reasonable individual. As long as you are adding something to this forum and don't just have an agenda to cause shit no one will have a problem with your opinions.

This is a very long winded response to your post, but in the short time you have been on this site as a member you have become valued. Don't think for a second that you are better off being silent. If you have a point to discuss we all want to hear it.

Take care.

Bushy---Sorry to hijack your thread with this. I was going to start a new topic but since it was started here I thought to continue it here. Hope you understand.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Folica-- your going about this the wrong way.

No one is saying you should not have an opinion, or that your opinion has to be the same as everyone else's.

There offering their opinion, just as you have.

We all appreciate your honesty and would like you to continue posting here.

BTW, there is no chance of you getting bounced like Starz--- you are offering your opinion, not trying to attack reputable Docs or members.

PS. I would like to see 20 sets of boobs as well. Unfortunately, I am more of a hands on guy icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

bounced
PS. I would like to see 20 sets of boobs as well. Unfortunately, I am more of a hands on guy

I think I'll go practice on my wife right now :P

Follica,

Indeed you are entitled to your opinion - I hope you don't think anybody is knocking you for that. You will not get bounced like Starz - I honestly don't even know how you can compare yourself to him. He was here to insult people period. You are offering your opinion and encouraging discussion. So please...do continue to contribute - we value your thoughts and opinions. Just be ready to have people disagree with you. Heck, people don't always agree with me either - and you can tell obviously by my number of posts - I don't care if they disagree :P.

That being said...I would still argue that Bushy's hairline itself looks natural even with the spiked hair look, perhaps it is the style that you are not a fan of? But considering his hairline is exactly the same whether or not he has spiked hair or his hair is styled like in previous pictures - if the hairline looks natural in one, it has to look natural in the other. Perhaps a side by side comparison of the two photographs would help - if I had more time and wasn't tired, I'd do that to show the hairline looks the same. But the styles are obviously different in which one over the other may appear more flattering than the other. Personally, I like the spiked look - but some people don't like some styles and it appears unnatural to the viewer. Just my opinion

Bill

I know that not everyone is going to agree with all of my opinions, and I do apologize to Bushy for my original statement that the hairline is a dead giveaway. That could have been stated differently. In any case I will make my comments in a more constructive manner in the future. But I will be honest.

That being said maybe Bushy can provide a pic with the dry look hanging in the front. Hell, he has enough hair! icon_biggrin.gif

Well I guess am to passionate about Hairloss to stop posting on this forum.

I appreciate B spot, Nervous & Bill for encouraging me to continue posting. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by folica:

In any case I will make my comments in a more constructive manner in the future. But I will be honest.

Folica, I have no problem with candor, even when it would tend to displease me. As long as you are 1) basically polite and 2) root your comments in substance (e.g., I think your hairline looks unnatural because it is placed too high/looks pluggy/the hairs are angled wrong).

That being said maybe Bushy can provide a pic with the dry look hanging in the front. Hell, he has enough hair! icon_biggrin.gif

Do you mean like #3?

styles.jpg

Well I guess am to passionate about Hairloss to stop posting on this forum. I appreciate B spot, Nervous & Bill for encouraging me to continue posting. icon_smile.gif

I second the calls for your staying. It's important to have good, healthy discussions and respectful arguments in order to make this a true research forum.

And thanks, everyone, for your comments.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Thanks Bushy, looking at the pics again & without seeng your face I think #2 looks natural.

I guess you can have a choice ( how great is that?!) depending on what you are doing.

But if you let the front grow some more you can probably pull off #3 really nice. My wife of 22 years is a hairstylist likes #4.

I guess it's subjective, but the pics where it is combed straght back seem the least natural & that is what I should have said the first time!

The wet look where it is hanging down on your forehead is awesome. I would walk around like that all the time! icon_smile.gif

You will have no problem getting out of the pool with a wet head at the Resort's!

Bushy, Your transformation is truly amazing & I might be just a little jealous! icon_redface.gif

Hair to stay, Folica

Folica, since you like the wet look, I have created a special gallery in my blog just for you! I await your feedback.

hairlineflash.jpg

flashleft.jpg

And thanks for being a sport. icon_smile.gif

My blog.

You might not want to hear this but that is actually an ass kickin' look for you Dude. Seriously. Let it grow a little longer and see what I mean. Just my opinion (and my wife's who happens to be a SERIOUSLY hot 30yr old blonde who rides her own supersport bike)

Bushy, The amazing thing is that you can change your hairstyles so dramatically. The lighting is much better in these pic's, the hair doesn't look Elvis black like in the other pic's.

The hairline in those wet photos look pretty darn natural!

Yes I am definitely jealous & even though I first criticized your hairline, just seeing what you are able to do with your new head of hair has actually got me leaning towards getting a HTP!

What do family & friends think & most of all are you happy with it?

I guess Pushing40's 30 year old hottie likes it!

icon_cool.gifyou are made in the shade my friend!

Bushy I can't see any areas of need after HT#2 that in my opinion is a total success. I noticed you waited 3-years between procedures?...any reason in particular?... do you think that helped you get more grafts in your second pass?... Personally I think your HT is one of the best I have ever seen period...the only thing holding me from ranking you in my top five transformations all time, is a lack of before pics....you are looking Hella Bushy these days brother congrats!

Okay, this is pushing40's "30yr old hottie wife" as someone so sweetly referred to me. By the way, he turned 40 a couple months ago so you should make him change that name. I was just wondering, why do so many guys get so hung up on a particular set hairstlye they never want to change. Seriously, you only live once and even that goes by so fast its scary. Experiment a little! If you haven't gotten a transplant yet, shave your head! See what it looks like. What the hell right? Try something new. If you have as much hair as Bushy does, grow it out and goof with it. Those photos with the gelled slightly tussled look really looked good imo. Be a little messy, be a little daring, you can always go back to what's comfortable. Am I getting him in trouble for posting here?

No, but I bet you are not aware that all posters must first register with B Spot and provide photos in bathing suits. icon_smile.gif

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

this area seems a bit too perfect, especially the temples, but then we're biased. Does the average person put 2+2 together now and assume a HT? No way.

6311020603_flashleft.jpg?ts=45F61278&key=1A806E64CAE60680BF69813BEFFBBB3E&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F7311020603%2Fflashleft.jpg

However, as they become more popular, this, combined with large shaft hair and deep contrast in some (white skin versus dark hair) might give it away. The hair may seem too thick for the front especially when there's a lot of forehead showing.

Like I said, FUE-ing a few hundred thinner hair for the front might be the way.

flashleft.jpg.696990997daa6c7670cc61b1d293618b.jpg

Originally posted by folica:

What do family & friends think & most of all are you happy with it?

I guess Pushing40's 30 year old hottie likes it!

icon_cool.gifyou are made in the shade my friend!

Thanks, Fol! Everyone I know loves it and can't get over how happy I am with it. And the new ability to style it is SO much fun!

My blog.

Originally posted by bayscholar:

Bushy I can't see any areas of need after HT#2 that in my opinion is a total success. I noticed you waited 3-years between procedures?...any reason in particular?... do you think that helped you get more grafts in your second pass?... Personally I think your HT is one of the best I have ever seen period...the only thing holding me from ranking you in my top five transformations all time, is a lack of before pics....you are looking Hella Bushy these days brother congrats!

Bayscholar, thanks so much for your compliments! I waited because I wanted things to get totally settled in and figured I'd wait two years for the second. Personally, I think everyone should wait two years before #2. Then I had to reschedule my date twice, which delayed it for another 6 months.

As for before pics, I'm going to email Jotronic to see if he has any befores beside the ones I posted in my blog.

My blog.

Originally posted by pushing 40:

Okay, this is pushing40's "30yr old hottie wife" as someone so sweetly referred to me. By the way, he turned 40 a couple months ago so you should make him change that name. I was just wondering, why do so many guys get so hung up on a particular set hairstlye they never want to change. Seriously, you only live once and even that goes by so fast its scary. Experiment a little! If you haven't gotten a transplant yet, shave your head! See what it looks like. What the hell right? Try something new. If you have as much hair as Bushy does, grow it out and goof with it. Those photos with the gelled slightly tussled look really looked good imo. Be a little messy, be a little daring, you can always go back to what's comfortable. Am I getting him in trouble for posting here?

Dear Hottie,

You made some very valid points in your post. However, it is well known that posters on this forum are not taken seriously without pics to back them up. Please post some clear pictures. Since there is much debate over whether pictures should be taken with or with out flash, why don't you send us some with no flash and some while flashing us. Thank you in advance.

My blog.

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

this area seems a bit too perfect, especially the temples, but then we're biased. Does the average person put 2+2 together now and assume a HT? No way.

6311020603_flashleft.jpg?ts=45F61278&key=1A806E64CAE60680BF69813BEFFBBB3E&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F7311020603%2Fflashleft.jpg

However, as they become more popular, this, combined with large shaft hair and deep contrast in some (white skin versus dark hair) might give it away. The hair may seem too thick for the front especially when there's a lot of forehead showing.

Like I said, FUE-ing a few hundred thinner hair for the front might be the way.

Very interesting post, John. The thing is that one subway ride in NYC will show you that people's hairlines recede in so many different ways that I doubt anyone could make such a conclusion. Some FUE's, however, sounds like an intriguing proposition. Thanks for your post.

My blog.

Originally posted by bayscholar:

Personally I think your HT is one of the best I have ever seen period...the only thing holding me from ranking you in my top five transformations all time, is a lack of before pics....you are looking Hella Bushy these days brother congrats!

Bay, I just found some more before pics on my HD! Check out my pre-HT pics on my blog now and tell me if I'm a top-5. icon_eek.gif

My blog.

Originally posted by Bushy:

Very interesting post, John. The thing is that one subway ride in NYC will show you that people's hairlines recede in so many different ways that I doubt anyone could make such a conclusion. Some FUE's, however, sounds like an intriguing proposition. Thanks for your post.

Oh, I have noticed that too. Funny how now we look at people's hair. But, you have the money, go get some FUE and test it out. The numbers needed are so low that donor thinning is non-existent. Do it during your vacation and even if you shave the back, it will grow long enough so no one will know anything after two weeks.