My 2nd HT with Dr. Victor Hasson

Bushy

Bushy-

Cool.........thanks for posting. I like the dew and think you pull it off nicely. IMO.........I'd do as Bill recommended and try to blend the sides in a little, and possibly try combing the hair back instead of forward on the crown?? (maybe I'm just older and don't know much about hairstyle anymore icon_wink.gif)

I'm curious, with that style, do you have much see through on the crown in the sunlight or do you have the density to cover? I thought about trying something like that but am not sure I have enough crown coverage to pull it off.

BTW- the frontal shot looks great.........face framing and all! icon_cool.gif

Ooops - almost forgot to mention...............I have a little of the same thing going on with my Tricho scar. I could clip very short, maybe down to #2 or so and you can't see the SCAR, but I don't think the DIRECTION OF HAIR GROWTH through it is controllable. When mine's real short like that, I liken it to a slight "cowlick" in places. Still not noticable to anyone.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairbank, my crown is kind of light (see-through) in the sunlight without product in it. The main reason for this is that Dr. Hasson barely reached the crown. Most of what I have there is from Propecia/Avodart, and these meds don't necessarily give you thick hair, but enough to cover the baldness. I've tried this forward hair style now for a full 24 hours icon_smile.gif, and I'm not crazy about it. Once my hair grows out longer I will probably go back to the #5 picture in my hairstyle collage I posted above, which everyone seemed to prefer (and I liked while I had it).

Thanks for your compliments, Hairbank.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Bushy and Hairbank-

My first HT with DR Hasson, he did his now standard Triclosure method. I seem to recall the sides being about a 1.7 cm strip. BUT, my second HT with Dr Hasson, ( about 1.5cm) he did not want to do the Triclosure technique but the older technique of a square cut on both edges. His reasoning was the hair above the second HT grew in one direction while the hair below the donor strip grew in a different direction. His concern was the donor scar would have hair growing through it in different directions and look a bit odd. Until your posts, I had not heard of this in other patients. Maybe we are not so unusual....S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

I am with Nobuzz on this one. It is just incredible that you have hair.

The latest style is cool also, but I too prefer the #5 from the previous photos. I am not sure of your age, but it seems more appropriate. I have to admit that it will also give a better illusion of density, especially on the crown area because of combing back versus forward.

Bill,

We all know that you are going to get the mullet to match the metallica shirt you like to sport. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hairbank,

Your are becoming the master of flexibility! Man - I think I need to be more aggressive in my hair styling as my style has pretty much been the same for years.

The new look is pretty trendy, but I still think I prefer some of the earlier samples (such as number 5). But the fact that you are able to try out so many different hairstyles says a lot!

On a slightly different topic, your mention of the hair growing differently through the tricho closure got me wondering and staring at my own donor area. Then when Bill mentioned that he is already getting hair growing through it at such an early stage got me *really* wondering and investigating as I still have zero hair growing through my tricho scar. I assume that 10 months is long enough... Time to take some new photos this weekend!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

I am with Nobuzz on this one. It is just incredible that you have hair.

The latest style is cool also, but I too prefer the #5 from the previous photos. I am not sure of your age, but it seems more appropriate. I have to admit that it will also give a better illusion of density, especially on the crown area because of combing back versus forward./QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going back to #5 when my hair grows back. It's more age-appropriate, and the density is better that way, too. But this is cool, too. icon_smile.gif

My blog.

Bushy your updated photos look amazing, the temples and hairline are excellent. I guess that's you finished for hair transplants?

BTW thanks for posting your blog, seeing your blog is one of the reasons why I went to Dr Hasson to have my ht. I told Dr Hasson I seen your blog and he remembers you well.

Yours is one of the best transformations. IMO

Originally posted by M&M:

On a slightly different topic, your mention of the hair growing differently through the tricho closure got me wondering and staring at my own donor area. Then when Bill mentioned that he is already getting hair growing through it at such an early stage got me *really* wondering and investigating as I still have zero hair growing through my tricho scar. I assume that 10 months is long enough... Time to take some new photos this weekend!

That surprises me. Now that I have #2 length, I can search for my scar easily, but I truly cannot find it by looking for a white line like after HT #1. However, I can detect a slight difference in the angles that show me where the "scar" is. The average person will probably not notice this, but the HT geek's eye will. I'll post a video shortly.

My blog.

Bushy,

Since I have a "geeks" eye, I can see where the hair is growing in different directions in your donor area even from the back. Don't get me wrong though...it looks great! I doubt anyone will notice...because the scar is not visible...people might just assume that you were wearing a hat or something....or maybe not even notice anything icon_wink.gif

M&M,

That surprises me about your tricho scar. Are you sure you have tricho?

Bill

Looks nice & thick Bushy!

However, I would be able to look at you & say he had a HT, The hairline is a dead giveaway.

But it is better than bald!

All I can say is I can spot a HT or a piece

99% of the time & I think most of you guys can too. And though my statement about Bushy's hairline was a bit rough, I wouldn't mind looking like that at all Bushy! I think you look great!

So my statement really should have been a little more sensitive & general rather than personal. In the future I will be objective without offending anyone. Sorry If I did

Bushy.

By the way has anyone seen John Travolta lately. I think his hairline is well...not very natural! You would think he could afford the best but it don't look that way.

Originally posted by Bushy:

Here is my youtube clip of my "scar."

Wow - impressive video. Now I'm certain something is wrong with mine as it is easily noticeable if I 'part' or brush my hair aside. I've posted it here:

M&M Photo Gallery

M&M Weblog

Originally posted by folica:

However, I would be able to look at you & say he had a HT, The hairline is a dead giveaway.

Well, as you said in your subsequent post, this was rather "rough" and insensitive. However, I'm more interested in hearing which picture you are referring to, and what about it that makes my hairline look unnatural to you. I'm also most interested in hearing what others have to say about the naturalness of my hairline, since you raised it. Please, guys, don't hold back. My allegiance to Dr. Hasson does not exist to the exclusion of a bad result. If you guys think that there is anything unnatural about my hairline, please let me know what it is and how it can be corrected.

reeves.jpg

My blog.

However, I'm more interested in hearing which picture you are referring to, and what about it that makes my hairline look unnatural to you. I'm also most interested in hearing what others have to say about the naturalness of my hairline, since you raised it. Please, guys, don't hold back. My allegiance to Dr. Hasson does not exist to the exclusion of a bad result. If you guys think that there is anything unnatural about my hairline, please let me know what it is and how it can be corrected.

Bushy - I don't think it looks unnatural. It isn't a 'wall of hair' like Armani that looks great on some people, and a little 'artificial' on others.

I agree with Folica that I can very easily spot a hairpiece on people as there are such dead giveaways: the perfect part, the 'thickness' at the hairline (with no discernable hairline) and the 'part' on the sides and back where the toupee meets the natural hair.

Anyway, as for transplants, the typical giveaway is (a) pluggyness of the hairline, (b) thickness in front followed by thinning behind, © perfect combed back look (ie. Phil Hartman style because they are trying to hide something), (d) no temples with a thick hairline or (e) a perfectly straight hairline.

I'm sure I've missed other tell-tale signs, but it's clearly evident that most center around the hairline itself.

I personally find yours to be quite natural. Perhaps post a few more photos up at different angles, but overall Bushy, you have very strong results.

M&M Weblog

Well, as you said in your subsequent post, this was rather "rough" and insensitive. However, I'm more interested in hearing which picture you are referring to, and what about it that makes my hairline look unnatural to you. I'm also most interested in hearing what others have to say about the naturalness of my hairline, since you raised it. Please, guys, don't hold back. My allegiance to Dr. Hasson does not exist to the exclusion of a bad result. If you guys think that there is anything unnatural about my hairline, please let me know what it is and how it can be corrected.

Again Bushy, I think your hair looks good. I wish I had the courage to go through it because I would be happy with your results.

You asked what you could do to make your hair look more natural. IMO if you are dyeing your hair it might look more natural with a lighter color.

The style in this last pic you posted looks much better than the spiked pic.

Happy growing! Folica

reeves.jpg

Here is an up-close video of my hairline. Unfortunately, youtube really reduces the quality, and it is much crisper in the original. (Anyone have any youtube tips on improving the vid?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuZwy3IHi9Y

Folica, I agree with you that the spiked look doesn't make my hair look its best.At this point I can't wait to grow it all back out and be able to style it nicely again. But I'm glad I tried this as well. Thanks for the compliments.

My blog.

I think in your case Bushy, that you had a decent remnant of your hairline left, so Dr. Hasson could view and mimic your natural contours easily.

Your hairline is natural in my opinion and right now is #2 on the list of things you have that I want!!!!

Guess what #1 is? LOL!!!

Anyway, continued good growth brother.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Follica,

I 100% disagree with you! I think Bushy's hairline looks incredibly natural. What do you feel looks unnatural about it? To me, everything fits from the position of the hairline, to the soft blend, and the design of the hairline. Even as "trained" as my eyes are from seeing many hair transplants (at least in photos) over the years, I don't think there is anything about his hair that is obviously a hair transplant. It looks 100% natural to me.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion...but I'd like to hear more about why you feel that way.

Bill

Bushy,

You are on a HT site posting your results. It is easy for someone to say that they can spot that it is a HT.

Dude--it is absolutely awesome. The results are perfectly natural and there is NO way if I saw you walking down the street or sitting across from me anywhere would I suspect anything. The only thing going thru my head would be "that bastard has more hair than me or Is that Johnny Depp?"

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by the B spot:

I think in your case Bushy, that you had a decent remnant of your hairline left, so Dr. Hasson could view and mimic your natural contours easily.

Your hairline is natural in my opinion and right now is #2 on the list of things you have that I want!!!!

Guess what #1 is? LOL!!!

Hey, stay away from my wife!!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks, B-Spot. I appreciate your comments always. And believe me, please, when I say that I would equally appreciate it if you said you didn't like my hairline. I'm not posting here all the time to show off, though there is certainly an element of joy and pride here. I post for feedback, and am fortunate to have so many good, intelligent, knowledgeable guys like you willing to offer up your thoughts, positive or otherwise.

My blog.

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Bushy,

<span class="ev_code_RED">You are on a HT site posting your results. It is easy for someone to say that they can spot that it is a HT.</span>

Dude--it is absolutely awesome. The results are perfectly natural and there is NO way if I saw you walking down the street or sitting across from me anywhere would I suspect anything. The only thing going thru my head would be "that bastard has more hair than me or Is that Johnny Depp?"

Thanks, Nelly. That's a great point. So many of us may see things that aren't even there simply because we're looking for them.

My blog.

Originally posted by Bill:

Follica,

I 100% disagree with you! I think Bushy's hairline looks incredibly natural. What do you feel looks unnatural about it? To me, everything fits from the position of the hairline, to the soft blend, and the design of the hairline. Even as "trained" as my eyes are from seeing many hair transplants (at least in photos) over the years, I don't think there is anything about his hair that is obviously a hair transplant. It looks 100% natural to me.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion...but I'd like to hear more about why you feel that way.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. I don't mind hearing what he has to say. If he sees something imperfect and points it out I'm eager to hear and consider it.

My blog.

You asked what you could do to make your hair look more natural. IMO if you are dyeing your hair it might look more natural with a lighter color.

The style in this last pic you posted looks much better than the spiked pic.

Happy growing! Folica

I agree with you on both counts, and thanks for the pointers. Though my hair is not dyed, it looks better in the summer when it gets lighter by the sun. And I like the longer, styled hair in the pic you attached much better than the shorter, spiked one.

My blog.