My 2nd HT with Dr. Victor Hasson

Bushy

I just uploaded my 6-month pics to my blog. Not much different from month 5, except that the hairline continues to soften. The density on the top part is still not where I expect it will be months from now. At this point I don't plan any updates for another 2 or 3 months, because the differential will probably not be that great.

Please let me know what you think. Your feedback will be appreciated (good or bad).

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bushy,

It's really coming along. I notice definite filling in from the last month's pictures. It's really looking good!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by Bill:

Bushy,

I'm not sure if it's the lighting or not...but I DO see a nice difference from your 5 mo post op pics to your 6 mo post op pics! The crown is filling in nicely dude! But there is definately more to come as you know. I can only hope I'll be close to "Bushy" when I'm done growing icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

Thanks, Bill. I guess you're gonna be BushyBill! BTW, I just noticed that I have you beat by 50 grafts! icon_smile.gif

Hairbank, thanks. It's gonna take some patience now as things thicken up over the course of the next 6 months to even one year.

My blog.

• 2 weeks later...

HAIRLINE 6.5 MONTHS, WITHOUT AND WITH FLASH

6hhairline.jpg

WET PICS COLLAGE

6hwet.jpg

Which hairline pic do you like better, without or with flash?

What do you think of the wet pics? Density?

My blog.

It looks great. Right up there with the best of the best and you still will be growing. Congratulations!

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Congrats, Bushy!

It continues to thicken and look better with each update you post. You've got to be please with the results! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Looks fantastic---- I tried to find your pre-HT photos but was not successful. Am I looking in the wrong spot or could you dig up a comparison photo for us please. Cheers. S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

Bushy,

looks like you're set as far the hair goes...and you still have more growth ahead. Congrats.

I would say that 30-50 grafts (FUE) as a small widows peak would make it even better. Ever thought of it?

Thanks, John. Hmm, a widow's peak . . . interesting idea. Wonder what others think of that. Anyone?

My blog.

Bill, Nervous and HB: Thanks! I really can't wait for the one year poing . . .

Salt'n'peppa: I don't know whay, but for some reason the weblog order is screwed up. When I go to edit it all looks well, but in the actual log it is out of order. If you look in the middle you will find the pre-HT pics.

My blog.

If you want to spend more money you could do the widows peak, but there is no need as I honestly believe that you have transformed yourself and it is perfect!

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thanks Bushy, I was trying to get a feel for where you were pre HT and where you are now. Then ,apply that to how I might end up. I am so anxious to get my second HT I can't even describe adequately. Thanks S-n-P

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to wait a few months to post more pics, but I really didn't expect so much improvement between months 6 and 7. So I decided to take some shots this morning, 7 months and 4 days out. I have thickened up substantially in the last month, as several of you predicted. Now I'm really beginning to get even more excited about retiring my Dermmatch and Toppik!

My blog is now updated with the new pics. I'm eager to hear your reactions.

Here are some of the fun ones. I took one shot at my window (basically an outdoor pic) in sunlight.

Mo%207%20028.jpg

And a few in the shower! icon_smile.gif

month%207%20shower1.jpg

month%207%20shower2.jpg

My blog.

• 1 month later...

OK, guys. I've updated my blog with HT #2 Month-8 pics. The only real difference over the last month is that the top has thickened up slightly. My new hair (middle third, top) is shorter than the frontal hair (by about 5 months' worth of growth) so there is an overall imbalance for now. I'm attaching some pics below.

1601031392_all.jpg?ts=45B20A45&key=044B0C260E01AF75A8AEE9867A4FBAC4&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F2601031392%2Fall.jpg

What do you think?

all.jpg.3113afb561bb404875ea985585b05176.jpg

My blog.

Hey Bushy,

Thanks for the update bro. You are looking great at 8 months!

It's amazing though, how lighting and angle means everything in terms of appearance of fullness. The last picture makes your hair look much lighter and a bit thinner than some of your other photos. If you don't mind my asking...under what lighting conditions did you take that picture?

Either way bro...everything looks great. How are you feeling about your results at this point?

Bill

Bushy,

I could'nt remember if i had seen all your pictures so i went back thru all of them (i had seen them just a bad memory, gettin old )

Glad i refreshed my memory, what a differance from start to finish you must be over the moon it looks fantastic.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Originally posted by Bill:

It's amazing though, how lighting and angle means everything in terms of appearance of fullness. The last picture makes your hair look much lighter and a bit thinner than some of your other photos. If you don't mind my asking...under what lighting conditions did you take that picture?

Hey, Bill. As I wrote on my blog, I took that picture right under 4 60-watt bulbs in my bathroom. It clearly exaggerates things, because that's not the color of my hair (it's much darker). I took that pic to show as blatantly as I could the top of my head, no-holds-barred.

If you look at some guys posting their pics, they post one frontal picture in dark lighting, and people come out saying "wow" and "amazing." Well, if folks want to be that gullible, go ahead, but I'm not going to pull that one. My goal is not to make Dr. Hasson look like a god but to show the honest results of my surgery. The fact that Dr. H. may turn out to be a god is coincidental. icon_smile.gif

My blog.

Originally posted by irish homer:

Bushy,

I could'nt remember if i had seen all your pictures so i went back thru all of them (i had seen them just a bad memory, gettin old )

Glad i refreshed my memory, what a differance from start to finish you must be over the moon it looks fantastic.

IH

Thanks, Irish. The memories are bad ones for me as well, thankfully! The bald and HP days are mere bad memories. It's a new life for me.

How far out are you? BTW, if I may make a suggestion: If your signature had the date of your surgeries it would be easier to figure it out. icon_smile.gif The same goes for Bill.

My blog.

Thanks for all the updates on your progress, it is very helpful. Congrats on a fabulous transformation too. Your photo under the bathroom vanity light exposes a concern that I have on this forum. Namely, sometimes my photos look too good compared with reality. I try to give a proper illustration of my hair growth with harsh lighting but I may be limited by being photographer and subject too. Like you, I have tried to show top views and wet hair that seems to really show the least flattering views. Having said all that, I am estatic to have hair where once I was bare. I can only dream of ending where you are now WRT hair growth. There is only a handful of people on this forum that I regularily track their growth, and you and your extensive blog is one. Thanks, congrats and cheers . S-n-P