My 2nd HT with Dr. Victor Hasson

Bushy

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I've updated my blog with month-9 pics. The main noticeable improvement this month has been thickening up top.

In light of Bill' point last month about the lighting difference between my month 7 and month 8 pics, I have decided to take two shots from the top: One in normal lighting and one under my bright bathroom vanity lights (which are substantially more revealing of scalp).

The following collage summarizes the situation, but larger, higher-resolution pics are on my blog. I look forward to your reactions.

2601075103_collagemo9.jpg?ts=45DF3BE9&key=E479ECD21E86C119104F8D96D7F96B40&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F3601075103%2Fcollagemo9.jpg

collagemo9.jpg.aa22fb0d44a6359dc0d1d054b97e14e2.jpg

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

I think you look great Bushy!!!!!

Now go win some more personal injury cases to pay of the cost of turning into a hairy beast!!!!!!!!

LOL Buddy!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

You hair looks really good, I am about where you started, so it gives me a good idea of what is possible. So thanks for updating your photos for all us newbies.

You want to hear everyones reaction to your latest update, and that is understandable but the one that really counts is yours. So what is your reaction to your ht? Happy? extremely happy? Do you look the mirror now and say, wow?

Bushy,

Incredible brother. Even under harsh bathroom light, your hair is looking phenominal!

How long is your hair btw? When more of my new hair grows in, I will probably grow my hair longer for the feathering effect to create the illusion of greater density. I guess I just wonder what your hair would look like with a 3 or 4 clip buzz on top.

Bill

Wow Bushy!

Your hair has truly thickened up over the past one month (overhead photo from month 8 vs. month 9). You are truly on your way to forever being known outside of this community as 'bushy'!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Thanks so much, guys! Wow, <span class="ev_code_RED">don't forget that my road to recovery began right here on Pat's site!!!!!</span>

B-spot . . . did you hear the one about the lawyer and the shark . . . Ah, never mind . . .

Its-only-hair, it's amazing how this has changed my life. My self confidence is way up, and I just started playing with different hairstyles!

styles.jpg

Bill, my frontal hair (HT #1) is about 3 inches, but the new stuff is only about 1.5 inches. This imbalance will even out in a few months, and then I'll really be able to start styling those babies!

M&M:

Bushy, Wushy was a bear,

Bushy, Wushy had a lotta hair.

Bushy, Wushy was really bushy, Woopie!

HK500, Shhhh, you're gonna get the rumor mill all started! icon_smile.gif

My blog.

Seeing the different hairstyles really puts things into perspective as to what an awesome transformation has taken place.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I think you need to grow your hair really long and go for the Shemp look from the Three Stooges. Boy that S.O.B. had some hair didn't he.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

a modified #1 or 2 fits you much better. It will cover the temples on your right side and make it seem like you have even better hair that you really have. Plus, it's age appropriate; the #6 is NOT. #3 is too immature and #5 is begging people to pay attention to every detail on the hairline. Lastly, you show less forehead with 1-2.

Dude, you have options. That to me is the most important thing. Hell I wouldn't just pick one style and go with it--you now have options. Maybe a #1 gives you the church boy look and a number 5 when clubbing, 3 playing sports, 6 when trying to hang with the younger crowd--whatever--you have options. Way too cool.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Bushy,

What a fantastic post to truly show your styling options and the flexibility of a solid HT!

Okay, everyone is casting a vote, so here's mine:

1/2 - looks good and is very appropriate

3 - no way. This is reserved for people who went to Bosley, not H&W. haha - this is how I had to style my hair for years thanks to Bosley...

4 - I like it - perhaps my favourite as it is slightly toned down from 5.

5 - perfect for a night on the town or a date or a wedding. Very trendy.

6 - ummm - no. Reminds me of Adam Sandler in 'The Wedding Singer'. icon_smile.gif

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Guys, thanks so much for your input and reactions to the different styles. I agree with the approach that I "have options," which is so, totally cool! M&M, lol . . . I really put in #6 just for the fun of it!

My blog.

Lookin' good, Bushy. So cool to actually have something to style again, eh? I really do think it's cool to experiment with different styles..........kudo's to you for taking the time to do it and posting the results!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks, Hairbank and B-spot. It's so much fun. I've gone with #5 the last 3 days and it's been a blast. The wind blows, and instead of worrying about my hair blowing "out of place" it stays in place -- all over the place! icon_smile.gif

And, now that I'm starting to see the new hair rising slowly into view behind the frontal hair, it's totally exciting. Once that has really come up, my options will increase even more.

My blog.

Bushy,

OK, I like them all, you have hair - any way its styled - you have hair! I like 4-5 the best, then 2-1.

I never looked at your web log till just now, holy hair follicle, you were pretty bald and now look at you. Great transformation, up there with the Bobman's and Jotronic's!

NoBuzz

Today I had a haircut. I asked my stylist to go to a #2 length on the sides and back, and leave it fairly short on top but long enough to play with. Here is what I ended up with:

FRONT: The hair is combed forward and fluffed up in the front third. You like?

shortfront.jpg

RIGHT SIDE: NO scar is visible, but a slight something (not sure what) is detectable. Based on my conversations with Dr. Hasson, this is due to the change of hair direction above and below the scar. Considering that this is a #2, I'll take it!

shortright.jpg

LEFT SIDE: Nothing detectable at all. Period.

shortleft.jpg

BACK: Nothing detectable at all. Period.

shortback.jpg

TOP: Good coverage despite being combed forward.

shorttop.jpg

Please let me know what you think of this style, as well as the tricho scar area all around. Thanks in advance guys.

My blog.

Bushy,

Great style man. Personally, that's the style I think I'm going to go for when all is said and done....with one exeption. I may blend a little more from the sides into the top.

Yes, if yoyu haven't already talked to Dr. Hasson, that's what I would have said because I have the same thing with my Tricho scar. The hair growing through the scar is growing a slightly different direction so it looks a little "weird" there, but hardly noticable. You are right...the scar is not visible and the DO looks awesome!

Now you can shout "NOBODY MESSES WITH THE DO"

"EE QUINSO ORCHA" icon_biggrin.gif

Bill