Shedding

Brando

Hey guys,

I know this subject has been touched on before, but let me ask anyway. Does anyone experience shedding or a little thinning this time of year? It seems like my hair seems thinner in the winter time. Anyone else?

Thanks

Hey guys,

I know this subject has been touched on before, but let me ask anyway. Does anyone experience shedding or a little thinning this time of year? It seems like my hair seems thinner in the winter time. Anyone else?

Thanks

I've never heard of it before. From my personal experience...........I don't think it's any different for me than any other time of year.

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I've read articles that stated that there are certain times of the year that we lose more hair and I'm pretty positive winter is one. I think the article referred to November in the northern states. If you have thin hair already it could cause it to look different. Also in my personnel experience winter leaves my hair more flat then in the summer, has been this way since as long as I can remember.

Smiling & laughing does wonders for the soul!

Hi Brando!

You are not crazy, it is a fact that in fall and winter there is more shedding and also your hair grows slower. During the spring and summer is the opposite. One thing to be aware of is that after a transplant for the first couple of years there can be what is called synchronized shedding. This is caused by moving the hair. It will eventually stop and get back to normal. But, you will always still have seasonal changes.

Ailene

Dr. Cooley's assistant

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Originally posted by Ailene:

in fall and winter there is more shedding and also your hair grows slower

Ailene

Dr. Cooley's assistant

Ailene,

How about some tips on how to grow existing hair faster! If hair growth can slow, why can't it be made to grow faster? All I get everywhere is 1/2 inch per month, 1/2 inch per month, 1/2 inch per month..... That's it! I read so much crap on the Internet about secret potions, lotions, salves, etc. Some good, practical advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I truly wish I could give you a majical potion but if it seems too good it probably is. Truly the only things that Cooley really believes in and uses are the approved things, Propecia, (sometimes Dutasteride) Rogaine to help the Propecia work better but only if you are committed and Nizoral shampoo. As far as all the other things out there they all have very little actual "science" behind them if you really look at the studies. To make your hair healthier you can take Biotin which will help make it stronger and perhaps grow faster. You have to watch what kind and look at the fillers. Also gelatin is actually good for our hair and nails.

Ailene

Dr. Cooley's assistant

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians