Did Steve Carell Get a Hair Transplant?

Whether or not hollywood stars have had hair transplant surgery is always a fascinating topic. Many make the assumption that they don't because there are still bald actors. But when we see actors with a great head of hair, how do we know that they aren't at least partially transplanted or that their baldness is concealed in some way?

After all, hollywood is not immuned to female and male pattern baldness icon_smile.gif

I posted these pictures on another thread, but thought I'd post them here just for fun.

But because I am both a hair geek and a lover of the show "The Office", I couldn't help but take notice that Steve Carell season 1 looks like he had a bad hair transplant. By season 2 (and all his movies), his hair looks great!

Nothing was ever mentioned about his hair in the first season or the change in season 2, so I can't imagine it was just part of the show.

Here are some pictures. The first one is from the Office season 1 and the second one is from one of my favorite movies "Evan Almighty".

7941068973_stevepomade.jpg7251068973_steve2.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Bill

I never noticed, but I've watched the show religiously from the beginning. But, I think he has. If you look at his temple area it's clear that he doesn't have near the receding in the second picture as the first.

It looks great, too. Maybe Dr. Carman or one of the other Cali docs did his. I got the opinion from one of his earlier posts that Dr. Carman might know of some who've had it done.

Hollywood stars that are believed to have undergone a hair transplant procedure include . . .

Arnold Shwarzniger, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Jack Nocholoson, Bono, John Travolta transplanted to the hilt plus also has had his scalp tattooed, because of his high skin to hair contrast, and that guy frm fools gold...sorry for my spelling but you know who they areicon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Hair for Life:

I think those Mel Gibson's are reversed. That second pic is from a while back and the first is more recent. Not saying he has or hasn't had a tp, but I believe he's much younger in the second pic.

And, I think The Edge has had a bad hair transplant but I'd be shocked to learn Bono has. His is so thick and long, that doctor would deserve a damn medal if that's the case.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Guest Baldie3000

Wow, what a difference in these two pictures! How do we know for sure if that's a hair transplant? Or is it a toupee? It looks very natural!!!!

~Baldie3000

"Arnold Shwarzniger"

This misspelling may imply worse about the governator than a HT....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

Remember, some of these people also use items like dermatch and toupees.. Brandon Frasier uses a piece and I never knew..It always looks great ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 weeks later...

definitely. There are some scenes in season 1, where you can even see a bald spot in the back when he turns around. His surgeon did an excellent job.

a couple of other celebs I suspect of having a HT: Rob Schneider and Kirk Hammett of Metallica.

Truth seeker,

Not to get too off topic, but you worked at ESPN? Dude thats like a dream job for me, surrounded by sports all day thats awesome!

You only live once...

I still do, but at a different network. It may seem like a dream job, but it gets old very fast, and the pay is not good. I've had to work through rain delays (Oh boy!) A 16 inning game that got over at 2AM one year. 2 years ago a rain delay that kept a game from getting started until 11:30 PM. And Stanley Cup overtime games? I've lived through a couple of 3-5 OTs in my day.

And those west coast games that start at 10:30 PM, eastern time...ouch!

Truth Seeker,

I guess I have to be in your shoes to see it otherwise, but I think I would be happy like a pig in shi.... you get the point. Karl Ravech has an impressive piece, I just found out Travolta was sporting one and Brandon Frasier. Me and my girlfriend were at the theater and I told her about Brandon Frasier was sporting a "piece" she wouldn't believe me at first, dude we are all hair geek here! Anyways I'm still jealous of your job!!!!!

You only live once...

Yes without a doubt, his hair looks so much better in season 2 than it did it season 1.

Great actor and fantastic series aswell.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 6 months later...