Laser Comb/Herbal DHT Blocker/Rogaine 5 months now

behappy,just looked at your situation and i am truly sorry mate.

i would snatch up the offer of a free consult with dr feller although i cant see what he(or any other doc) would do with a donor like that.

probably gonna open another hornets nest here but have you considered bht with someone like umar?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wanthairs

Behappy--

I am truly sorry to see your predicament. I cannot imagine how this must have affected you for so many years.

I just wanted to say that in the few weeks after my first procedure, I decided for the first time in my life to shave my head completely and I kept up that look for 6 months even with a huge scar across my head. I was surprised to see that I ended up looking much more attractive with a bald head with a ear to ear scar than I did with tufts of hair all over the place and for a while I even regretted having the procedure because I felt that I had found the secret to looking attractive to the oppositte sex and my confidence went through the roof after I started dating a bunch of knockouts followed by one long steady hot girl which I had not done in my life before.

In other words you may want to think about shaving it all down completely, working out and you may feel alot better. Plus it would also be a great idea to see Dr. Feller. and get his opinion on things.

By the way, I am having a second procedure in 4 weeks and I will do the same thing again, shave it all down for six months and get the war scarred Kojack look again...

Think about it.

PGP,

If you get the time please post a list of LLLT doctors.

Bill, what is your personal take on this disgraceful situation at this point? The doctors you quoted in your article are clearly ducking this thread. As member doctors do they not have a responsibility to account for their actions in this matter to you, Pat, and the community?

Unfortunately, HTN is not a regulartory body, it is a public forum where issues that might be swept under the carpet are otherwise highlighted and exposed. Such is the power of these forums. But while the general physician poplulation cannot be held responsible for the quack remedies they sell to their patients, member doctors of this forum CAN be held responsible.

But I believe they must also be given a chance to correct their mistakes. All people make mistakes and get caught up in them. Perhaps that's what happened in the case of these doctors. If this is indeed the case, my recommendation would be for these doctors to publicly renounce LLLT on this forum and admit that after "extensive experimentation" LLLT was a failure. Which it most certainly is by the way.

Then I would recommend re-joining the side of the honest, righteous, and transparent by actively commenting against LLLT whenever the issue comes up. Make amends by challenging other LLLT doctors and their corrupt industry-and allow the public to see you do it. By doing this you might not only redeem yourselves, but elevate the entire profession as well.

The choice is yours gentlemen.

Dr. Feller

Dr Feller

It is exactly this kind of ethical stance that put you at the top of my short-list. Some may misinterpret your posts as taking an overly aggressive stance, but you are clearly willing to risk this to stand up for what is right.

You are a credit to your profession.

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

Dr. Feller,

As I stated earlier in this thread, the doctors referenced in my article were not required to participate this thread, nor were their recommendations ever in jeopardy.

I personally would appreciate a physician (whether it be Dr. Charles, Dr. Williams, or another doctor) who has had some actual experience with laser therapy to contribute their input on this thread to make for a more balanced discussion.

Unlike hair transplant surgery where certain techniques have universally been ruled out and voted in, the efficacy of laser therapy is regularly debated by physicians in the hair loss industry. Our "standards" for recommendation are based on surgical hair restoration ability and ethical standards clearly listed on our website.

I realize you believe that all doctors who promote any, even the occasional use of laser therapy are unethical. But given the number of ethical physicians that use laser therapy as a part of their practice without overselling its benefits, I'm not willing to draw this conclusion at this time. Clearly there are companies, doctors, and other zealous over-promoters, that sell laser therapy as a hair loss cure. These are the ones patients should flee from.

I guess if we ever create a recommended list of doctors based for non-surgical treatments, we'll have to more carefully evaluate this.

In the meantime, patient members and guests of this community can and should sift through all the evidence (or lack thereof) and draw their own conclusions about laser therapy. I personally need more evidence before I can ever recommend it without doubt to hair loss sufferers.

Best Regards,

Bill

I personally would appreciate a physician (whether it be Dr. Charles, Dr. Williams, or another doctor) who has had some actual experience with laser therapy to contribute their input on this thread to make for a more balanced discussion.

How could they when they dont have a fighting chance?

Ive decided to take the stance like you Bill and say oh well let them do whatever they want.

They got away with it for years now whats a couple more.

Sorry doc we tried but what more can we do but warn people like we have for close to 2 years now

Oh well, At least we can look at ourselves in the mirror everyday without throwing up.

There are scam artists ,people who just look away to avoid conflict and people who try and fight for what is right . All 3 parties were involved here. I geuss if its not our money its no big deal.

It kind of funny that the docs that use this bogus therapy are at the bottom of the totem pole anyway as far as work . IMO of course icon_wink.gif

Bill,

You wrote:

----------

the efficacy of laser therapy is regularly debated by physicians in the hair loss industry

----------

What debates are your referring to? Which doctors are engaging in these debates? Plese cite your source.

I don't think there is any question that such doctors are unethical. There is certainly no moral justification for selling quack remedies to the public. Even less so when the doctors involved admit there are no demonstrable results from such "therapies".

I think it is pretty shameful that the doctors involved hid from this thread. As Bill said they were not "required" to respond, but I'm quite sure they've followed it everyday. Hopefully many of their potential LLLT patients read this thread as well and saw how unwilling these doctors were to stand by the treatments they sell to the their patients.

I agree with Dr. Feller, those things DO NOT WORK, PERIOD!. Here is another thing, all proponents of LLLT also take fin and minox so even if they DID gain some hair back, most likely they came because of those drugs. Unless ANYONE shows photo, or better yet VIDEO of patients who use laser (without any additional drugs) it will always be a HOAX in my eyes.

I also agree with PGP, I would never let a doctor who promotes LLLT touch my head.

Guest Baldie3000

Interesting thread. I personally think laser therapy is a crock.

Come on doctors and proponents of LLLT - prove to us it works!!!

~Baldie3000

Dear Every one

I just came across this thread. I guess its a very debatable issue, presently not many people are there to support the LLLT.

Let me share my experience

I do reccomend LLLT as a routine. I have not condacted any studies its all anicdotal finding.

I do not believe that LLLT or for that matter any treatment other than Hair Transplant will give you back the hair the way hair transplant does. Now all these treatments are just an adjuct to hair transplant and they if anything just delay the hair loss.

Recently some studies have proved that LLLT can improve the hair growth and hair count. The centers that have conducted the study are well authenticated centers and Doctors are also well reputed.

What I have seen is that LLLT by itself only improves the condition by about 15% or so. MY patients are happy and one patient has reccomended to few of her family members and friend.

To most of females I suggest that because we do not haved many other options, I ask them to buy the comb and its just 400 to 700US$ and they can use it every other day and some have use every day. All have seen improvement but to variable extent.

My male patients are given this Advise

After Hair transplant

Finastride 1 mg daily for 1 year,

Minoxidil Foam 5% twice a day for atleast 1 year

LLLT every other day for as long as possible, minimum 1 year.

If patient is worried about the finastride and decrease sperm count, I suggest that withdraw Finastride after 1 year but maintain the hair that has grown back with help of LLLT.

I would say most of my patients are happy with LLLT.

no where in the world not even hair transplant will give you 100% result.

SO my verdict, use what ever you have up your sleave to counter hair loss, but expect what it can only offer. Dont ask more than what it can deliever and trust me all your patients and yourselve would be happy. I do not give any gurantee to those adjuct treatment except for Hair transplant surgery.

I give full 100% free cmplimentary surgery or money back if for what ever reason my hair transplant does not work.

May it be X-Factor or H-Factor. Read about the two factors on ISHRS forum journal. Recent one written by Dr Parsley.

hope this will answer some of the querries. Mind you not all LLLT are good, I would ue only Class 3R laser devise, dont wanna take the name of company, but I have found them better.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Just one question Dr Mohmand

Do you have at least one picture of your own patient that has shown the positive effects of the laser ?

Only a patient that used laser and thats it.

The reason I asked is because you must of came across one result that you just had to take photos.

Did you ever invest in one of those machines for your clinic?

You can get similar combs here now for about 200 if your dying to have one.

Here in US they charge 3-6000 a year for the therapy. Problem is most clinic are shuting down now.

Dear PGP

I do not do any treatment in my clnic. I really do not have time for that.

Onan average I do 2.5 surgeries a day, each about 2500 FU. I also do about 15 to 20 cosmetic procedures a month and this ofcourse need consults and some patioents who have issues with one or two things. So no I do not have time, though I do reccomend the laser comb.

Now i Do not know whether its one thing or the other but most I mean about 90% of the patients are happy with the comb. I tell them it will tak about 30 to 45 minutes. I know some lasers are very cheap, but that is why they do not have the effect, most of them are Class 1 laser, means just a light lamp. If you wanna buy a laser make sure that when you switch on the light or beams it should be able to hit the wall 15 feet away and the light shuld not get diffuse.

just a point, NO i really do not have a patient who is only on laser. That will be the only way to test wheter it works or not.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

90% happy and satisfied LLLC patients? 15% improvement from LLLC alone?

The fact that we can't find but one clear, documented case -- let alone dozens -- is a mystery that rivals Roswell and Sasquatch....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Dr. Mohmand,

I appreciate your willingness to dive into the Lion's Den and offer your input on this thread. Clearly there is a difference of opinion on this topic amongst leading physicians in the field.

I hope you'll stick around for awhile and address some of the questions, comments posed by patient and other physician members.

Best wishes,

Bill

I for one would love to hear from a doctor who uses the laser comb exclusively and has it regrow hair. Using it alongside proven meds such as finasteride and minoxidil will naturally produce results, but to me, all this proves is that the laser doesn't impede the work of proven remedies.

To put it another way, say that I run a hair treatment clinic. I recommend that my patients sacrifice a chicken once a week on Fridays, and a white goat on major holidays to the Celestial Follicle. Alongside the sacrifices, I make sure the patients get on finasteride & minoxodil. After a year, the patients report positive results.

How is my claim that chicken/goat sacrifice regrows hair any less valid than Dr. Mohmand's claim that the laser comb regrows hair?

Removing the ambiguity that surrounds laser treatment is really quite simple:

1. Take a picture of a person with a completely bald area of scalp; this person cannot be on any meds. Shoot the laser on that spot for six months, and then take another photo.

2. Find another person (also not on meds) who has thinning (miniaturized) hair. Shoot the laser on that spot for six months, and then take another photo.

In each case, the hair should be cut very short so that the "growth" in the treated area cannot be obscured by coming or mashing the hair around. Keep the head buzzed with a #3 clipper guard.

This painfully obvious experiment will determine whether or not the laser grows hair or reverses miniaturization. As for the "Appearance of the hair seems improved, although I can't articulate the exact difference..." argument, shampoo and conditioner can do that too.

And there you have it... or there you don't.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Me too. Just sayin', it would be relatively easy to prove that this kind of thing works with a simple pair of legit photographs. Most people realize that it doesn't require careful analysis to pick the promotional pictures apart.

It seems like people just want to believe that it works, or believe that it will work if they adopt a positive attitude. Science is not about faith; science demands facts (or at least some compelling evidence).

Just from a personal standpoint: If I feel strongly enough about an issue to make my voice heard, I'm going to back it up with evidence. There really don't seem to be many proponents of laser use who are confidant enough to document the perceived improvement.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Dear Friends

You need to understand one thing there arnt many treatments available for the hair growth which are really proven and are 100%.

Even finastride and minoxidil the wonder drug works about 20 to 40% max and on their own they will improve but are not sufficient. SO we use the cocktail method.

As far as sacrificethe goat and chicken are concern, trust me there are people in the world who are doing it and may be one out of 100 might have benifited this is the world of woodoo and its real out there.

Laser works by absorbtion of light(photobiostimulatuion) by the cells and that increase the growth (anagen) phase of cycle.

I guess all other do the same but through different pathways, I am referring to Finastride and Minoxidil.

Now to make a product approved by FDA, it needs with so many other things a study which has illustrated the fact.

The study was presented by MHR group and DR Perez Mendaza read the study, the pictures were quiet impressive.

Mind you we all are sceptical, I am sure at any given time all of you were quiet sceptical of Hair transplant as well.

But time will tell. All I do is accept the facts and look for improvement. To buy a laser comb and spend 400 to 700 US dollar once in 5 yrs and keep the shade of vellus hair is quiet accptable to me.

As I said most of my patients are happy, how I started, I bought 5 lasers and gave it to my patients on the condition that they will try for 3 months and then return the laser comb or buy them for 150 US$, the price I got them initially as a conference special. All of them kept the lasers and this way my practise have evolved to place more and more orders.

One lady damaged her laser after three years wants to buy a new one now. SO Thats what it is.

If patients who are just people like yourself wants some thing then I only provide that to them or suggest that to them.

Please just like me, open your mind and use it, if it works bingo. If it does not then its a loss of so many $$$, a bad investment.

I believe in it......whats the basis....reason I need all the help i can.

---

I spent ??2000 with Advanced Hair Studio on laser hood, minoxodil treatment. Complete waste of money and time. I had to go every week to start off and took me 2 hour round trip on the bus. I wasted so much time not to mention money. Thanks to AHS. Dr Feller i applaud you.

"As far as sacrificethe goat and chicken are concern, trust me there are people in the world who are doing it and may be one out of 100 might have benifited this is the world of woodoo and its real out there."

Ummmm.... icon_eek.gif.....

"Laser works by absorbtion of light(photobiostimulatuion) by the cells and that increase the growth (anagen) phase of cycle. I guess all other do the same but through different pathways, I am referring to Finastride and Minoxidil.....Please just like me, open your mind and use it, if it works bingo. If it does not then its a loss of so many $$$, a bad investment."

I'm assuming Dr. Charles and Co. have a similiar if not identical stance?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

All of them kept the lasers and this way my practise have evolved to place more and more orders.

Oh I see now. You SELL them . It took you awhile to find out loupes were not the way to go maybe your just a little behind the times and havent realized that here in US these combs have been out for quite awhile with no compelling evidence they do anyhing but drain your wallet.