Just had HT yesterday and I have a few dried blood spots

Just had a HT yesterday afternoon and I have a few dried blood spots in the recipient area. Will this damage any of transplanted hair and/or existing hair? Will the hair still grow?

I am hoping after a few showers, it will go away but I want to be careful not to rub.

Is there an easier way to clean the spots up without damaging the grafts?

Thanks in advance.

Just had a HT yesterday afternoon and I have a few dried blood spots in the recipient area. Will this damage any of transplanted hair and/or existing hair? Will the hair still grow?

I am hoping after a few showers, it will go away but I want to be careful not to rub.

Is there an easier way to clean the spots up without damaging the grafts?

Thanks in advance.

Some dried blood/scabs is normal.

You should ask your doctor for the advice.

Dr Rahal has has paper instructions that say to put baby shampoo in a "mug" with water. Drizzle the shampoo mixture over the recipient site twice a day. Rinse by drizzling water out of a mug as well. The instructions say to let hair air dry. There is no rubbing. After 20 minutes the instructions say to apply vitamin e oil.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

No, the blood spots won't prevent growing of the hairs. Like wantego said, don't be afraid to email your doc with any questions or concerns either. That after care service should always be apart of the price you paid.

I'd be careful for the first week or so, and don't worry about the way it looks. I kept my head wrapped in saran wrap while I slept for the first five days, and just used water and baby shampoo in a cup to pour over my head for a week.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week