Ed Harris

PCC

This past weekend my wife and I rented the recent movie "Gone Baby Gone". In it the highly regarded actor Ed Harris played a cop. He was wearing a hair system in the role which when coupled with a goutee actually looked good on him. I can't recall ever seeing him "with hair" in any of his many roles over the years or in his personal life. He seems to specialize in macho/tough guy characters. Although the piece did give him a different look, he seems comfortable with his balding and wears it well. That is admirable. I wish I could say the same for me.

Phil

Hey PCC, long time, hope you are well.

Ed Harris wore a nice looking piece in Apollo 13 (Tom Hanks starred). He had a buzz cut hairpiece and it did look quite good. We have to remember they have beauticians on set to make them look perfect, who has the time or money?

NoBuzz

No doubt some guys can look goo bald but not the majority in my opinion. I work with a bald guy who is stylish, fit, and good looking.. When I "changed" my hairstyle he told me it looked really good. He then mentioned it sucks he has to stick with one look ( of course I told him it looks good which it does).. He then said , losing your hair sucks & walked off.

No doubt it affect the people who look good too.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

NoBuzz,

Great to hear from you again! I'll shoot you a PM. You are absolutely correct about Ed Harris in Apollo 13 as one of the NASA controllers. I remember the buzz cut which was appropriate for the era depicted in the movie. It did look really good but you are right that it makes a difference having a personal stylist on set and the average person does not have those resources.

There was a more recent movie that he was in (I can't remember which) in which he played an FBI or CIA agent and he had the completely shaved head. That looked cool on him also and definately added to his "tough guy" persona.

I guess what I was trying to say is that while the systems he has worn in various roles have looked good on him, he seems like the kind of person who is comfortable enough to "be himself" in real life which is refreshing.

Mr. Jobi,

You are correct that some men "wear" and accept their balding better than others. I agree that many factors come to play in this including age, height/physique, skin tone, etc. I have never been one of these people mostly because of the very early age I started balding during a time when it was not as mainstream and socially accepted as it is today. I think many men look fabulous with a completely shaved head and I have a father in law I would love to see do this. Unfortunately for me because of my previous surgeries that will never be an option.

Phil

I think I saw Ed Haris in another movie with a piece too - can't remember which one.

Sean Connery had a great crew cut piece in Red October. As has been mentioned, Hollywood stylists and cameramen can do wonders for these guys on film. They might not be able to pull it off in real life.

Both of these guys do a great "bald is beautiful" look. I envy that. Still, I don't think there is ANYONE who wouldn't prefer to have hair.

I agree that most of the time HT's look unnatural if the hairline is restored but the temple points on the side are receded back. For instance, I was watching ESPN and saw Tim Legler. My first thought was that he had a HT because he has a good frontal hairline, but no temple points. After further research though, I think this is just his natural hairline.