2 Weeks After Transplant Questions???

Hey Bros!

Well I'm still alive after a stressful 1st week, 2nd week was easy to deal with. Thanks for all the info and support, you bros rock!

Question 1: I'm 14 days post 2400gft HT and 1/2 of the transplanted hairs fell out in front 1/2 inch of hair line several days ago and it feels like ZERO fell out on top of my head.(Feels like I have a 1/4 inch thick flat top hair cut under my long hairs! ZERO hairs on my pillow. So my question is that it was my understanding that the HT hairs should ALL fall out then grow back in after 3 months, is this always the case or do some guys keep the hairs??? Like I said ZERO hairs on pillow, sink, brush, etc. I guess the hair fairy or the shower got the front hairs??? Info please???

Question 2:Post care for scar? Vitiam E oil or something else to fade and reduce scar??? From what I can tell it looks SUPER clean BUT a little bump at each end that still hurts to press on. So question would be BEST way to care for scar.

Thanks Thanks Thanks Again!

All I Want For X-Mas Is My New Front Hair!

Hey Bros!

Well I'm still alive after a stressful 1st week, 2nd week was easy to deal with. Thanks for all the info and support, you bros rock!

Question 1: I'm 14 days post 2400gft HT and 1/2 of the transplanted hairs fell out in front 1/2 inch of hair line several days ago and it feels like ZERO fell out on top of my head.(Feels like I have a 1/4 inch thick flat top hair cut under my long hairs! ZERO hairs on my pillow. So my question is that it was my understanding that the HT hairs should ALL fall out then grow back in after 3 months, is this always the case or do some guys keep the hairs??? Like I said ZERO hairs on pillow, sink, brush, etc. I guess the hair fairy or the shower got the front hairs??? Info please???

Question 2:Post care for scar? Vitiam E oil or something else to fade and reduce scar??? From what I can tell it looks SUPER clean BUT a little bump at each end that still hurts to press on. So question would be BEST way to care for scar.

Thanks Thanks Thanks Again!

All I Want For X-Mas Is My New Front Hair!

BigGuyPHX,

We are all glad you are still alive my friend icon_wink.gif.

Transplanted hairs fall typically fall out between 2-4 weeks - so at 2 weeks, the shedding phase has just started. Most likely you will lose most to all of the transplanted hairs.

Don't be deceived...the transplanted hairs only just start to break through the surface of the scalp between 3-5 months and typically start as colorless fine hairs and slowly mature. By 6-8 months you should be well on your way, but this takes a certain level of patience.

Regarding the scar...

Technically you don't have to do anything for the scar - time is the best healer. Though if you want to aid it along, you could try using Aloe, Vitamin E or Emu Oil, or even Mederma. Though I'd wait until at least 3-4 weeks post op before using mederma.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Cograts BigGuyPhx,

Sounds like everything went well & you sound excited to have those little stubble up there!

At 14 days your stitches are probably out & that is a big relief!

Now just sit back & wait, it's really not so bad waiting when you see the changes coming slowly but shurely!

Happy growing!

Everything sounds normal, grafts will shed on their own, you'll look much worse than you did before the procedure for the next few months, but it'll be worth it. As for the scar, time will take care of everything, I don't know of any creams to help out, but just wait and everything will heal properly.