DHI in Ireland

Hey everyone,

Im new to the site. Im livin in Dublin Ireland and am very curious about this DHI crowd. They recently set themselves up in Dublin. I had a consultations and it all sounds a little to good.

Im really digging to find out if anyone in ireland has had a hair transplant procedure done in the Irish DHI branch and furthermore have a bad experience, or a good one. Or if they know anything about the surgeon who does the transplant there.

I attended a consultation, apparantly i need 2000 follicular units transplanted to the front of the scalp:

They claim that follicles in the donor region will not transected due to high magnification telescopes used. Pitting is apparantly well reduced.

They claim absolutely none of the removed follicles which have been removed fron the donor area are damaged due to the precise instrumentation used, 10 percent will be dorment.

Results will 100 percent natural. Achieving 60 percent of fullness of balding area. (Which would be great)

No donor area scaring of aesthetic damage to the appearance of hair density in the donor region.

I've noticed on the forum, nobody that has had DHI done ever show a picture of the Donor area after the hair has regrown, say 3 months later. This is something i need to see. When its shaved and extracted upon, like some photo's, i've seen it looks like a "scalpin". The density of this area im concerned with in particular.

If anybody has an experience or photo's they wanna share, i would really appreciate it. Anything good or bad to say.....

Your friend

Badger

Hi badger,

i'm posting this from NY, i've just had my 2nd procedure here, heading back to Ireland tomorrow. i can't comment directly about DHI as i don't know them, but i have researched HTs in ireland before coming here twice and hav'nt been impressed enough with ANYBODY there. this DHI crowd seem to be a bit of a hairmill and i did'nt like their website. be very carefull, it's easy to get sucked in to these things and in the long run it's not that diffucult to travel to the USA to a top doc. don't led location be a factor. if u post some pictures the learned people will let you know if the estimate is accurate. I was recommended 3000 grafts in Ireland and have almost 5000 done now in the US.....................BE CAREFULL my friend.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Thanks for the reply

I hope everything went well with HT over in New York.....

I looked at Dr Eipstein's website there a while ago. He sounds very impressive and predominantly gets rave reviews on this site for his work. Im concerned about the strip procedure though. It is a very delicate surgery/operation. I ve heard horror stories about how the backs of peoples heads were mutilated and i ve seen the pictures. From what i ve heard strip surgeries can potentially cause damage to nerve endings at the rear of the scalp not to mention scaring. Im just curious if you ve experienced any of these ambiguities from past sessions?

Clearly though, your happy with the outcomes of Dr Eipsteins surgery. So i take it then as a strong recommendation from a fellow Irish Man.

Happy New Year

Badger

Badger, there are potential problems with any surgery, you will minimise these by going to one of the surgons mentioned on this site. I did have some numbness but it goes away after a while. my scar was undetectable after a couple of months. BTW i had my second HT done with DR Feller. If you need 2000+ grafts you will need strip method. research some more before jumping in. happy new year to you also and welcome to the site

IH

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

• Administrators

Badger,

In my opinion DHI has turned into the marketing driven hair mill of europe - slick marketing but spotty results (just search any of the hair loss forums for "DHI" and you will see what I mean).

Have you checked out Dr. Collins at the blackrock clinic? I'm not sure whether or not Irish Homer was aware of him. But a couple of years ago I did visit Dr. Collin's clinic and I was impressed by his very meticulous approach to follicular unit hair transplantation. Click here to view his website.

I'm considering recommending Dr. Collin's on this site. But to date he has been an unknown online. However, I understand he is fully booked months in advance these day. The Irish are really prosperous these days and apparently getting hair is on their wish list.

Best wishes, Pat Hennessey (can you guess where my ancestors are from?) Apparently my familly emigrated to America where we would have access to more top notch hair transplant clinics.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat.

I did check out the blacrock clinic on my way to getting my HT. cost was the big factor here 10 euro ( 13 US dollers ) per graft just was'nt worth it for me. i got 2 HT for 14000 euro plus two holidays in the US icon_smile.gif the same amount in Ireland would cost me 50000 euro!!!!!!

plus look at the two Docs i had.....enough said

IH

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

Badger,

I just wanted to add my welcome to this site as well. You've been given great advice by both Irish Homer and Pat. I too haven't heard too much about DHI, but do your research before jumping into anything. As Pat said, do a search for DHI on any of the hairloss forums and see what you find. Don't get sucked into advertising schemes...look for REAL patients with REAL results, whether they be good or bad.

Bill

Thanks for the advice Bill, pat & homer.

Pat this is a brilliant idea, the website, particularly the forum. Fair play to ya for doin it. Great source of reference.

As it happens Bill i won't be able to afford a hair transplant for another year or possibly more.Just outta college. I have plenty of time to research the area. Im not gonna make a rash decision. Not in a big hurry either to take the next step, which is to get the ht.

By the way, I saw Bono from U2 there on christmas eve. He was in Dublin City Centre in a bar havin a pint with what looked like some of his mates. Rumour has it that he had a hair transplant. You could never tell. I wonder where he had his done...?

• 3 weeks later...

I have undergone a DHI operation on July 2005, using the The D.H.I.?® (Direct Hair Implantation) patented technique. The results are simply amazing. I am on their website I am Case Study no. 31. Final photos of my head will be posted soon.

They made my feel very relaxed before the op. The procedure took two days for transplanting 3,250 hairs. The whole thing was really quick and comfortable. Went back to London the next day (Friday) went back to work the following Monday. All done!

The whole thing was fast, accurate, professional and the most important thing of all...they really do practice what they preach!!!!

I remember during my hairloss. I went from brush to comb, from comb to fingers, from fingers to shaving my head. After DHI, I am using my brush again!

I.Matas_Front-a.jpg.e8182c0eb3b177f017fec75efc42b214.jpg

IXM,

Before pictures would be helpful. I remain skeptical of this new patented technique because most surgeons would be utilizing it if it was superior. Also, the fact that it's patented shows me that DHI has no intention of sharing information that could benefit patients worldwide (if it really is that good) with other physicians. DHI seems to operate more like a business than a medical profession...medical knowledge should be shared, not withheld.

Bill

Hello again

I have enclosed my 'hair timeline' showing the before and after result of the DHI op.

Before I went to DHI, I researched for a good year to see what solutions there are out there in the world. I tried almost everything. With no luck.

DHI showed a realistic solution to the problem, not a monthly solution that comes in a bottle/pill that you have to pay till the day you die but a nonivasive procedure that is there for life!! If you have enough hair to donate something can be done. I was of the opinion that I had nothing to lose (excuse the pun) and realistic in terms of what can be done. I knew I was not going to have my flowing locks back to when I was a teen!!!!!

As far a I am concerned this is as good as it gets, the other is the laboratory guys finally finding the holy grail that is a genetic solution/reverse switch to hairloss. That is not round the corner.

Thanks for you time

I???±igo

PS DHI aren't paying for this by the way, this is off my own back!

Hair_timeline.jpg.9b2e5656cba4c3c26f2d162a4487d990.jpg

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't DHI the guys who switched their pricing structure. I believe they charge per hair (not graft). Be careful if that is the case.

Anyway, Badger, my advice is for you to go to the US or Canada (if you can afford it). Most of the top surgeons are there. If you can't afford it you may want to consider Dr. Bisanga in Brussels. I'm due to get my ht with him next month.

Hey Guys,

IXM, that (ht) looks pretty damn good. Looks like a top job. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the Pics and information. You must be thrilled.

Im still researching DHI myself. Have you noticed though the amount of complaints there have been about DHI. On this and other forums, particularly (hairlosshelp.com). They seem to either get the HT perfect with some people or screw up on others. Is this something you noticed in the research you did leading up to your hair transplant.

Im not sold however on the idea of a strip procedure. Not yet anyway. Thats why im sort of analysing DHI. More accurately the FIT procedure.

Thanks

Badger

hi badger

you really need to meet ht people in person

anyone can alter pictures on the web

do your research mate

there are better doctors to see than dhi

i made the mistake of going there

check out dr rogers in uk,feller ,h&w they all do fue(direct hair implant)as well as bisanga

ps in my personal opinion i think ixm is a dhi stooley but if i am wrong i dont really care as i know from personal experience dhi are cr*p

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Hey Chucky,

Sorry to hear your bad news. The more i hear about Dhi the more disillusioned i become. I ve been looking at feller, shapiro, bernsteins and eipstein s websites.

Id say 2% of the reviews about Dhi have been positive. Im not gonna go there with those variables full stop.

What was your beef with them. I ve read about people who have gone there and only 10% of the transplanted hairs actually grew. That seems to be the real issue with them. Poor growth. From what i ve read. I originally posted this thread a month ago. I ve learnt and researched a lot since then.

Badger,

I think it's definitely wise that you see the big picture before proceeding with DHI. In all honesty, though I hate to point fingers unnecessarily...but I am starting to suspect IXM-London may just be here to promote this company and that's it. He duplicated this post above verbatim in another thread which gives a potential indication that he is here to promote DHI. Now I could be wrong...and I apologize if I am, but either way...make sure that before you choose ANY doctor, make sure their patient contentment and positive results are a high percentage before proceeding. Make sure you see/view enough patient data to make a good determination also.

Hope this helps.

Bill

hi badger

i had very poor growth from them.

there consultant in london said i would pay per graft.this was not the case,it was per hair total rip off

when i voiced my concerns they just ignored me

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Originally posted by chucky:

hi badger

i had very poor growth from them.

there consultant in london said i would pay per graft.this was not the case,it was per hair total rip off

when i voiced my concerns they just ignored me

sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them. guess i was right about them charging by hair fol. instead of graft.

My integrity is 100% Bill.

I am just sharing my experience, that is all. With facts i.e photos. I can understand you suspicion if it was just a verbal story but photos don't lie. No retouching at all.

I have duplicated the same story in another thread, I am not going to waste time adapting the same story somewhere else.

I can't help noticing such negative views in general. Suddenly something good comes in and you all shoot it down. I live in London UK, anybody wants to talk about it in detail my email is inigo@theohodgesdesign.com

At the end of the day I don't have to prove anything. Just wanted to help or give a positive view. I have done something about my hairloss chose DHI, and it worked.

Cheers

I???±igo

PS. I will be posting this in the other thread...exactly the same icon_wink.gif