one session 3250 grafts by Dr Humayun Pakistan

Abby

Finaly made the trip 3250 grafts 8 hr op.

First night slight discomfort after that got easier to sleep. Got rid of scabs and crusts froming on the head. Lots of tiny hairs are already spouting out in 16 days post op different sizes and rate and thickness, believe these will shed and final results 7/8 months to a year. Still got numbness of scalp and still slight tenderish and a touch of tightness. Sutures are out just can see the scar at the back but was told that the scar will eventually decrease leaving very faint line or might be undetectable due to closure procedure? Just going to sit back and wait and see what happens got pics b4 op and shall be posting post op pics in a few months so everybody can see the results and make their own minds up about the DR.

Please feel free to comment

Finaly made the trip 3250 grafts 8 hr op.

First night slight discomfort after that got easier to sleep. Got rid of scabs and crusts froming on the head. Lots of tiny hairs are already spouting out in 16 days post op different sizes and rate and thickness, believe these will shed and final results 7/8 months to a year. Still got numbness of scalp and still slight tenderish and a touch of tightness. Sutures are out just can see the scar at the back but was told that the scar will eventually decrease leaving very faint line or might be undetectable due to closure procedure? Just going to sit back and wait and see what happens got pics b4 op and shall be posting post op pics in a few months so everybody can see the results and make their own minds up about the DR.

Please feel free to comment

Guest josh - b

Hi abby,

Congratulations on your surgery. I remember your posts when you were trying to decide on a doc.

Now the wait begins icon_smile.gif

It would be good to see your post op pics.

The whole experience was something new for me. The DR was a very charming man with a slight Scottish accent. The staff were polite brilliant and hard working who gave it their 100%. The lady receptionist was also a very very charming sophisticated and very pleasantly spoken lady who id loved to have taken out for dinner if given the opportunity. The premises were relatively new situated on the 3rd floor of a newly built plaza. There were other medically trained staff employed by the DR . I was also given the Dr's and one his senior staffs personal MOBilE numbers if any compication arose after surgery whilst at the guest house. They also arranged my pick up from the airport and transition to a local guest house where other westerners were staying, then from there to and from the clinic. It also gave me the chance to see the city a couple of days later in detail after the op and found it to resemble a bit like the states , wide roads hanging traffic lights, Mcdonalds, Kentucky chicken and not to mention many designer clothes shops for men where I picked up many bargains. This was not the Pakistan Ive read about and seen on TV. The people were very warm and welcoming the climate was cool the streets and roads were clean with huge mansion/villas literally everywhere.There were many breath taking sites to see and lakes. In a nut shell it was a lovely trip that didnt cost a fortune as everything was so cheap.

After arriving back to the UK I was surprised to read the Dr has now been removed from the forum for failing to comply/ meet the strict criterion that has been set by the forum. I suppose those who made the decision must have given it real thought before deciding on what action to take. I hope the DR will decide to take the right course of action that will allow him to come back to forum after all he is a good surgeon and probably one of the best in that part of the world and also an asset for the forum as well. He is a surgeon who offers quality and has given hope to those people who cannot obtain a visa to travel abroad and also to people whos finances are some what restricted.

hey abby

Welcome to the brotherhood , congrats on your recent hair surgery , please could you take the time to post pics , before and after along with detailed graft count and were these were placed , also , may I ask what made you decide on your choice of surgeon ?

Thanks bud , I like to see pics hahaha

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I researched many Surgeons and the closest one that ticked all the right boxes for me was Dr Humayun i,e, Professionalism, Price and results feedback from patient pics on the forum etc. It took me at least a good year to decide. My first decision was to see some of the surgeons in Canada USA but due to financial reasons I was unable to go, not to mention that I study at University and that makes the financial side harder. So therefore after much research I found Dr humayun not to mention the lengthy contact I had with him via email regarding the op and post op. I now shall be taking pics every 4 weeks over the next 6 months and shall post them in one go. I have tried to post some of the post op pics on the forum but the system will not allow it, size to big etc????? so i am trying to find another way of uploading some of the post op pics. Any suggetions welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Abby,

The decision to remove Dr. Mohmand from the Hair Transplant Network was a difficult one simply because he is the best in his entire area. But microscopes are a superior tool that has been proven to minimize follicle transection and increase hair growth yields. This is why the use of microscopes are part of our high level of recommendation standards.

We believe in only recommending experienced physicians that will use every proven advantage to give their patients the best hair transplant. Microscopes have been proven to be far superior to magnification loops.

Though it appears Dr. Mohmand still delivers a good hair transplant, we believe that microscopes would improve his practice even further.

The good news is, he stated publicly that he purchased 2 microscopes. I trust that as long as he is open and scientific about its use, and not only trying to make a point, that he will find microscopes to enhance is already pretty solid practice. And in time, with its regular use, we can consider him for potential recommendation again.

Regarding photo uploads to the blog, I addressed you on another thread as well, but please email me privately and let me know what error (if any) you are getting and at what point in the process its failing. I also have a note into my webmaster who will test it from his end.

Thanks,

Bill

Everytime the transition ois complete this is what I keep getting, also im with AOL?? if that makes a difference?

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

The website is under maintenance.

The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.