Suggestions please...hair loss seems to be increasing

I am 34 and noticed thinning around age 27. I have been going for ETG(electrotricogenesis) treatments for almost 2 years and been taking 1/4 proscar every other day for 10months.

The ETG didnt seem to be helping any and the thinning seemed to be progressing also. I rectently stopped ETG and have started to use the Hairmax laser comb, but to my dismay I brushed my hair and had 50-60 hairs come out in the sink.. all were fine and short.

Should the proscar be ceasing this? Is the laser comb change possibly causing this? Someone told me the finer hairs may be falling out as new ones are growing in......it that too good to be true??

Any suggestions would be appreciated. icon_confused.gif

I am 34 and noticed thinning around age 27. I have been going for ETG(electrotricogenesis) treatments for almost 2 years and been taking 1/4 proscar every other day for 10months.

The ETG didnt seem to be helping any and the thinning seemed to be progressing also. I rectently stopped ETG and have started to use the Hairmax laser comb, but to my dismay I brushed my hair and had 50-60 hairs come out in the sink.. all were fine and short.

Should the proscar be ceasing this? Is the laser comb change possibly causing this? Someone told me the finer hairs may be falling out as new ones are growing in......it that too good to be true??

Any suggestions would be appreciated. icon_confused.gif

but I thought you should be taking 1/4 pill every day (not every other day), in order for it to be equivalent to one propecia pill a day. Perhaps taking prescribed quantity could do something for you?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks, I may just try and up the doseage.

Jocepheus made a comment that maybe the finer hairs are falling out as newer, thicker hairs are growing in the follicles.......I can only hope.

Fellas, I found a chat group on the hairmax comb and it seems that this is common with initial use. Most users report regrowth of the hairs that were lost, but was cautioned that everybody reacts differently.

The rationale of a telogen phase being stimulated was used. Will keep the group informed about my results as months go by. Thanks for input.

Tronic, I started a new job, went to Vancouver for training and made the proprietors of all you can eat sushi joint cry. take care.