Minis, micro, and follicular unit grafts - what are the differences?

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 7/19/01

Time: 12:12:31 PM

Remote Name: 63.211.44.194

Comments

from everyone's experiences do minis offer natural results. I'm trying to recreate my receded hair on the sides and thicken the middle (I'm about a 2a to 3) Should I mix follicular units and minis behind them or just stick to follicular units

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Time: 12:12:31 PM

Remote Name: 63.211.44.194

Comments

from everyone's experiences do minis offer natural results. I'm trying to recreate my receded hair on the sides and thicken the middle (I'm about a 2a to 3) Should I mix follicular units and minis behind them or just stick to follicular units

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

Time: 1:24:57 PM

Remote Name: 24.20.64.166

Comments

Andy...I am only a patient, but I understand micro's can be hair cut from the original hair size groupings say 4, down to whatever needed 1's, or say 2's....Folliculer units is hair that is looked at through a microscope and obtained from the donar area in its natural size grouping..so a folliculer single is a single hair that has always been a single hair.....a micro single may be a single hair, but cut from an original grouping of more than one...I hope this helps...all folliculer HT seems to be the favorite..I did have some small 3-5's put in my crown area and am happy..but also had mainly Folliculer 1-4's in the front and temples.....I would say if you want insurance, go all folliculer...go to a well known respected doctor, ask to see his former patients, even if you must wait or pay a little extra, or even travel, get the best....its seems the truley great HT doctors are always busy doing "Hair", they get more patients and sometimes you have to wait..I waited 3 months...I will recommend a great book..."The bald Truth"..avail on Amazon.com..a great way to learn....good luck.

My Hair Loss Blog