Nashville Doctor/PAI Medical

rottun,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Research forums.

You will find in your research one that one important rule to follow when looking at hair restoration physicians is to not allow geographical location be a determining factor in your decision. You only get one scalp so you want to trust it to the best.

That said, the Hair Transplant Network recommends Dr. Jack Fisher located in Nashville, TN. By clicking the link you can see his profile, previous patient photos, and contact information.

Read the forums and don't be afraid to ask more questions. There are many extremely knowledgable members here that share their experiences and wisdom. Good luck!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I don't know about the specific doctor but I have been reading these forums for years and I have heard nothing but complaints about PAI in general (Pierre Amelotte International)

There is even a fellow who recently started a website Hair Transplant Lawsuits to document his problems (and lawsuit) with a PAI franchise in Minnesota.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you can do a lot better if you do some research and look into other doctors.

My advice is do some deep research and pick a doctor who seems to be one of the best in the world, and then get on a plane and see him. If you were getting a heart transplant you'd want the best (not just whoever was listed in the yellow pages.) Well, permemnently changing your appearance should be taken just as seriously.

I liked the sales guy Mike with PAI. I almost went with PAI in Nashville, but Dr. Paul Rose had a better reputation and was a lot more resonable than PAI. Dr. Fisher never called me back, so I wouldn't know about him.

Remember, this is elective surgery... you don't have to do this, it is your choice. I say talk to several reputable Doctors before you commit.

• Administrators

Rottun,

I visited Dr. Fisher's clinic this summer when I was visiting hair transplant clinics east of the Mississippi. Unfortunately the day I was there he did not have a hair transplant case.

But we had a lengthy discussion and I viewed many of his patient photos. He also showed me how he makes his own tiny custom blades.

My impression is that he is ethical and conscientious about quality. His credentials and level of experience are also impressive. However, I do not believe he has the capability of doing real large sessions of densely packed grafts.

But from my research I'm confident that he is the best in Tennessee and that he does solid follicular unit grafting with good esthetic judgment.

I do agree that virtually every one should research doctors internationally, even if they prefer to do surgery locally. If they are lucky enough to have a truly world class clinic in their back yard then they will not need to travel. But short of this a plane trip, even with a crying baby, is a small price to pay for truly world class results.

I suggest you consult with Dr. Fisher. But also spend time comparing his work to that of other ethical surgeons on this forum. If you feel that he is on pare with the very best then you know that your decision to go with him is not based on convenience but quality.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by rpm:

I liked the sales guy Mike with PAI. I almost went with PAI in Nashville, but Dr. Paul Rose had a better reputation and was a lot more resonable than PAI. Dr. Fisher never called me back, so I wouldn't know about him.

Remember, this is elective surgery... you don't have to do this, it is your choice. I say talk to several reputable Doctors before you commit.

Originally posted by Mahair:

PAI is a junior MHR . They do less damage but suck all the same.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Mahair you are priceless.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

• 1 year later...

Rottun - I met with Mike Ramsey in the Brentwood PAI office last week for a consutation. He is a good spokesman but not the one doing the procedure. I plan to meet with two more Doctors in Nashville (one is Fisher) in the next couple of weeks and thought I might go back to PAI to speak to the physician directly -- but after what I read here, I think I will go visit Dr Rose instead.

FYI: This thread is over a year old.

Some added thoughts however...

Though it is extremely important to carefully research those physicians you are considering for surgery, it is not fair to assume that just because the same physicians are talked about over and over again that there aren't other quality hair restoration physicians out there.

In my opinion, there are a number of true gems that simply haven't used the internet to promote themselves and therefore aren't discussed nearly enough on this forum. This is true of many of the hair transplant surgeons we recommend, including many of the elite group of Coalition physicians.

I am not encouraging members or guests to trust blindly. Research is vital to success!

Hopefully over time, some of these hidden gems will begin to develop more of an online presence for members and guests to see.

Bill

• Administrators

Bill,

I couldn't agree with you more about there being many outstanding clinics who are virtually never discussed on the forums.

The expression "out of sight out of mind" comes to mind. Perhaps this phrase should be "out of sight online out of mind".

Having visited of dozens of outstanding clinics worldwide, it never ceases to amaze me at how some of the very best clinics get virtually no attention on the forums.

This is one of the reasons that I present the highlights from my clinic visits on this forum. I practically beg these clinics to stop hiding their outstanding results on the hard drive in their office and share them online. But they are doctors, some of who don't even use email. It's like pushing a rope.

Then you have a few clinics that are not recommended on this community who actually compensate their patients for posting. Of course these clinics only show off their best work and covertly abuse some of the other hair loss forums day in and day out.

We will not tolerate such disrespect for our patient focused forum and that's why you don't see those covert shills on this forum.

Well, Bill - it looks like you got me going on one of my big sore spots :-)

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I agree there likely are other clinics that do good work that aren't discussed on the forums. However, the top docs that are discussed here over and over tend to have consistent results and they are showcased readily on these forums. So it's easier to get info on them and talk to patients. And I do think the very cream of the crop are showcased here and on other likeminded forums.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 5 months later...