Dr. Ron Shapiro ...... Challenge

Mark007,

Of course you can send your pics to me. No need to ask. Joe@hassonandwong.com .

Also, our rep will be in Portland this coming Friday so you if you want to speak with someone in person and maybe see patients first hand then give him a call at 1.888.819.6013.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I Mark000. I am an attention whore and to save a few $$ I am going to put the docs on the spot and make them bid against each other.

Here's a tip for when you go there: The techs are professionals, but ultimately they're human. Get the hint?

Well personally I do think you have a problem with your head though I think you are seeking the wrong type of doctor as its not with your hair.

But if you insist on getting a HT, a word of advice dude: Do not tell them that you are the same dick that is posting on this thread as they might try do us all a favour and see if they can take some of that arrogance of yours while your head is open.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Seriously Mark,

After reading your posts I initially thought you were just an arrogant dick but I'm starting to discover more and more that you are just a dumb sh*t. How you got to 40 without going the way of the dodo is a mystery to me. Regardless of your origin I still feel inclined to help you, here are a couple of tips as you are obviously not aware of:

*Know your audience*

This is a forum for hairloss sufferers and prospective patients that are considering a HT. This is not a way for you to communicate with HT doctors. Believe it or not there are other (read: better) ways to communicate with doctors, namely the TELEPHONE. You can find their number and more info about the doctors at their websites. Here they are for future reference:

Shapiro Medical Group:

http://www.shapiromedical.com

Hasson and Wong:

http://www.hassonandwong.com

*You do not own this thread*

Your parents lied - the universe does not revolve around you and you do not own every thread that you post to. This is and open forum for the purpose to help hairloss sufferers and to inform prospective patients about the process of a HT and other hair loss treatments so they can decide the best course of action for them.

We are quite fortunate here in that you are the first poster of your type displaying this level of arrogance to other posters actually trying to help you. If you are really interested in getting helpful advice tone down the arrogance and attitude and realize people are taking time out of their day to help you - being polite wont cost you anything.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Hmmmm...yet another gay reference from Mark007. How curious..."hunting and fishing".....hmmmm...sure. Again be thankful none of you are in any way a part of this dipshit's life. And let's just hope he hasn't procreated and spread his nasty little genetics around too much. Although "seed spreading" may be a highlight of the trips he talks about.....truly the kind of person who is happy and emotionally healthy. Oh yes.

OK!!!!!!! I think this shit has run its course!!!!!!!!

PLEASE forum regulars------ Drop it!!!!!!!

If this actually works for Mark, GREAT!!!!

If not, OH WELL!!!!!

This has run its course, so let's pack it in, and focus on what we do that is actually important.

Mark--- you made your point, so let it go, but I want to make 2 points to you:

1. Ethically/Technically, your a 6000.00 patient, that's it. For most top surgeons that is the chair minimum. Until you produce a contest winner, with a check in hand, it's just talk. Just a small point.

2. Civility- I assuredly understand your point and position here, but at the same time, there is no harm whatsoever with being professional, or at least courteous.

I can appreciate your initial post, the thought behind it, and the potential advertising power your group possesses, but there are many people here that are simply trying to give back, or offer opinions, that is all.

Again, I hope this goes well for you. Should you follow through with your HT, please post pics so we can follow your journey.

Rick--- NO ONE, not even our misaligned, misunderstood, crass, uber-aggressive Mark 007, deserves the Bosley treatment. icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

First, I think people need to understand that Mark007 was not actually asking for a deal or anything in exchange for advertising on his site. He said he's paying for his procedure and for the winner of the "contest" on his website.

Second, to B-Spot...

"Ethically/Technically, you('re) a 6000.00 patient, that's it. For most top surgeons that is the chair minimum."

Would you mind expounding on this? Where do you get this idea from?

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Sorry Joe, I got a little hot under the collar there.......

I guess I was basing my statement on the idea than when I was doing my research a few years back, most of the clinics I spoke with gave me a pricing breakdown and a chair minimum, which ranged from 4500 to 7000.

The Ethically/Technically statement comes from the idea that IN MY OPINION he either doesnt need a HT or minimal work at best.

I guess someone could most certainly pack 3000 or more grafts on him, if they wanted to, since I am not a doctor, or looking at this guy in person, I can't be sure.

When I called H&W a few years back, my communication was that I wanted as many as possible, because by that time, after many calls to other clinics, I knew what I wanted. I am not aware of your pricing practices, nor really the pricing of the all the clinics I called a few years ago. I will say that most clinics had 1000 grafts as a strip session minimum, so in essence they had a chair minimum. Also, the clinics doing more than 1 patient a day didn't mention any minimum, for obvious reasons.

BTW, I know what Mark is doing, and I thought it was pretty cool. Not the other stuff.

I hope this answers all your questions.

I am done with this thread, so feel free to PM me Joe if you want.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Mark,

I'm going to ignore all the rubbish and mud slinging for no apparent reason on this post and say a few things relevant to your original concern. Personally dude, I wouldn't change a thing with your hairline. According to the pictures as Joe so rightfully pointed out, your hairline is plenty low. But everyone has their own ideal appearance I guess. Your hairline doesn't look like it's receeding, it just simply looks like a mature hairline. Just my two cents bro. Good luck.

Bill

Well, I am glad this all worked out in the end.

I can just guess that many here think you and H&W are a perfect match.

Nice to see that after 2 years of "research" you missed one of the best hair transplant clinics in the world a short flight away and after issuing your challenge decided to go with another clinic that was what, #2 or #3 on your list? Supersmart guy like you settling for second best???? I doubt it.

This smells a bit "fishy", to me.

Anyone else?

At least I got the graft count right.........

Make sure you send SMG an email, so they can at least counter-offer!!!!! icon_eek.gif

Anyway, this has been a hoot (I hope I have your vernacular down) so good luck, happy you got what you wanted, your in great hands.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

First of all the subject of this thread is ridiculous, especially initiated about a medical group by someone who seems to be 'genuinely' looking for a HT from that particular medical group

Secondly, if someone wanted a response from SMG, I would have thought it a better idea to write directly to them, given that this is possible

http://www.shapiromedical.com/contact.htm

I find it extremely funny to find a definitive response regarding # of grafts and rates being sought from a top HT clinic on a public forum read by hundreds of people

Thirdly, I find it amusing that someone who can spend a few hours creating this thread, reading it and responding to it, cannot find a few minutes to call or write to the medical group directly and get the specific answers to the questions (especially considering that an initial consult has already been done)

Lastly, I also found it quite impressive how Jotronic took advantage of the situation to skilfully pull in a prospective HT client to his own medical group. Job well done. (I actually wondered why this could not have been done through a PM)

The irony of this thread is evident when the subject line is compared against the end result.

But hey, all's well that ends well.

icare4myhair

2523 grafts - Dr.Ron Shapiro, Sep7, 2006

GRAFT STATISTICS

1hair -#grafts,#hairs- 450 , 450

2hair -#grafts,#hairs-1373, 2746

3hair -#grafts,#hairs- 650 , 1950

4hair -#grafts,#hairs- 50 , 200

TOTAL-#grafts,#hairs-2523, 5346

My Hair Loss Weblog

I'm very glad for Mark to have found the right clinic for him.

I found it odd that Mark issued a challenge of getting a consult done over the Forum as well when he initally said he had a phone consult with SMG. If he had, he would have had the answers to his "challenge" already. When I asked for the date and his last name to find his info, he simply stated he was going to call the next morning. He failed to follow through on his part and claims we failed him. I don't get where we failed, but I am truly happy that he found H & W.

Best of luck to you from all of us at SMG!!!

i'm sure that some of the lovely techs at H&W will relish hearing this guy's theories on eastern european women and all about his great strip club visits while in vancouver. thank god they only have to put in 1500 grafts worth of time. can't wait to see his updates/pictures and the combative threads that will ensue as people start scrutinizing and criticizing his results.

Like I said, I think Mark has found a perfect match.

Don't understand all the venom, but hey, what do you expect from a backwoodsman.

Anyway, did you send flowers or some type of fruit basket to SMG, offering your condolences that they failed in your challenge?

I think it is only fair......

Maybe H&W could pick up the tab for that as well?

I apologize for any statements that may have offended you, I wish you well, many large fish, a great hairline, and a long life.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

I'm sorry Mark 007, but your rudness and stupidity have forfeited this thread. It is no longer yours. I am now taking command of it.

It is mine now, and it is you who must leave immediately! You're a small and mean little man.

You're mean in both senses of the word, because you didn't keep your committment to the Shapiro Clinic and blamed them for it, and you won't be spending any of your invisible money at H&W either. You'll string them along and then back out, because that's what little weasels like you do.

The other definition of meaness should be self explanatory, but because you're an ignoramus I'll point out that someone who even has a rude and nasty suffix on each of their messages, isn't happy unless they've tried to damage someone elses day.

You have redefined toxic personality.

So, take your small, mean, rude disposition down the road. This is MY thread now, and you need to leave.

mark h

WELCOME TO MY THREAD!

This thread will now become a discussion of how this site should deal with rude, nasty, sniveling, slobbering little liars.

My challenge to the Shapiro clinic will be to maintain their standards and avoid clients who haven't learned how to make phone calls, attend consultations, or otherwise behave rationally.

Troy, you're serious? You like toxic insulting people? If so, you've hit paydirt with this guy.

However, as I said, this is my thread now, I've taken control of it. He's out, I'm in.

Welcome to my thread, where mean and toxic people are dung under my shoe. Where slimeballs that pretend to want an HT while really entering a forum in an effort to be insulting and rude...are persona non grata. That means unwelcome 007.

BTW, you are forbidden to use the name Mark anymore. Mark is a good name, a Christian name, and viscious, ignorant, turds shouldn't be using it.

From now on, you're Kram 007. Yes, Kram says it all.