Dr. Ron Shapiro ...... Challenge

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's "grafts", not "graphs".... And I don't understand what you're asking. They'll charge you the same rate per graft as they charge anyone else, so why don't you just call them to discuss pricing? It sounds like you've already done a consultation by phone, so what's the point of calling "the firm" out in public like this? They're certainly not going to haggle w/ you on an internet forum, give you any kind of public, written guarantees, or discount you anything in exchange for advertising, contests you intend to sponsor, etc. Weird stuff.

Mark,

You may want to at least give the clinic an idea of what you are looking for. "More hair" or "a better hairline" doesn't say much. What may be an obvious issue to you may not be to them. Just a tip.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Anybody can post in any thread they like here, dude. And what I'm saying is just a hunch--since you just registered today, maybe you should spend some time searching for other offers like yours on the boards. There aren't any. Getting a HT is a potentially life-altering, irreversible procedure, not the Pepsi challenge. If somebody else disagrees, they can post here as well, and you should welcome them to speak up, not get territorial about "your thread". If you don't want anyone's else's opinion, why throw down the gauntlet to Shapiro here? ***Just call him*** and pitch the contest that way. But I highly doubt that top clinics are going to barter w/ you. They don't need your advertising, they don't need promos and contests, and they have enough hard work to do day in and day out without conniving some way of cornering the internet market for balding hunters and fishermen. If I'm wrong, let 'em speak up or let us know what you hear from them after your phone conversation.... BTW, your hair looks like it's in good shape, and I don't think you'll need that much work to get the hairline you're after. Best of luck to you.

Ah, I see you've revised your first reply above and I have to say you're off to a bad start. I'll let some of our other members lecture you about posting etiquette if they want. But I predict you'll either be apologizing or won't last here long.

Originally posted by Mark 007:

First,..why are you posting in my thread moron? Second, what does PAY IN CASH mean? Third, this forum is linked from their site. So I can ask whatever question I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now leave my thread!

Listen, Mark, all of us on this board are here to sincerely help you, but as I said before, what I offered was my opinion only and already you are calling people names and making sarcastic comments to the likes of Jotronic in your second and third posts ever! I'm sure Dr. Shapiro will be eager to deal with you, LOL.

"I want to bring down my hairline as much as possible"

Mark, this is what I'm talking about. Your hairline is already very low so how much lower do you want it? A centimeter? A foot? Do you want the temples closed off and filled? Do you want just the the left and right of center of your hairline dropped effectively straightening your hairline?

When I get photos like yours and ambiguous statements about lowering the hairline I ask the patient to draw a hairline on the photo using Paint or Photoshop to give me an idea of what he expects before I even show it to the docs. The better information you give the better the information you'll get back.

It is these types of questions that must be asked and then of course answered that will prevent you from being a dissatisfied patient. This route is best for you and for the clinic that takes you as a patient.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I don't think you "need" a HT, but if Doc decided to close your temples a bit, I would say 1500 grafts maximum.

4.50 a graft X 1500 =

I would place a call to Matt Zupan to see if he has had any cancels or reschedules to get you in ASAP should you wish to go sooner than is available.

Do a search on Janna, and PM her with your post so they are aware of your post and intentions. She can offer some information as well.

I hope this helps you out. I will say that your hair looks great and while I understand wanting to close the temples a bit or touch up any spots to achieve a more natural look is cool as well.

Lastly, your obviously an agressive person from your manner and response to some of the posters here. Should you actually meet Ron Shapiro you will see that he is the most laid back guy in the world and he will decide whether or not he can satisfy you both appearance wise and ethically as well, regardless of your challenge or posting in this forum.

I will be interested to see how this plays out.

Good Luck!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

One

two

three

four

five

six

seven

eight

nine

ten

Now if feel better.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Guest Rickmonius

I had to read your post twice. My first impression was you were trying to leverage your internet customer base as possible HT customers so you could get a better deal for your own HT. But upon further review, it seems you are willing to pay the normal fee for both yourself and one of your internet customers who wins a contest.

Your motivation appears to be that you want to be taken seriously and to ensure you are getting the best judgement and work possible. What's weird is, I can kind of understand your position because you went to a hair mill for your first HT.

You've found the the right doctor. You don't have to do any of this silly stuff to be sure you get his best possible judgement and work. That is unless I'm totally missing your point. icon_confused.gif

Mark 007: much of the information you're looking for is available on this site simply by reviewing FAQ information posted by the host, and reviewing existing posts.

In any case, the fine people on here can only guess at the information you need. You should be consulting a doctor for the number of grafts required and how much is charged. Nor can anyone online here give you procedure dates.

The doctors do post here from time to time, and they are site sponsors, and also you can get an online consultation, but not within the framework of this thread. Click on the learning center link above for that.

It appears then that you've misconstrued the nature of the forum to some extent. We are mostly people like you who have had, or are considering HTs, or looking to get HT's repaired, etc.

Dr. Ron Shapiro is considered one of the very best on this site, but only the doctor himself can tell you what if anything is warrantied, an unusual term itself in connection with an HT.

Now, you've ruffled some feathers here, so unless you're simply a hit and run poster, you might want to take it down a notch while you figure things out.

mark h

Fellas, stop waisting your time with this moron. Just be happy you are not his wife, child, or business partner/client. This guy is laughable at best; and this also proves my point about some people growing older and being the same dumbass prick they were when they were 20.

I know this post is in English but Im having a hard time understanding it??

What exactly is he asking here?? to guess how many grafts he will need? is this meant to be some sort of internet auction here?

If he found this forum he certainly didn't read it much before making his first post.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

"why would I care about other HT forum troll's opinions" --

bro, you are truly a jackass, as everyone here can now confirm for themselves once again. what do you think having a forum is even about? and now you've insulted another handful of the best and most knowledgeable posters. i'm sure you and your buddies share all kinds of special, private things on your little hunting and fishing trips, LOL. nobody took a "slant" on your initial post; it's just that you can't write, so nobody knew what the f*ck you were getting at.

"If the Shapiro Group is too big, rich, and famous to answer this post ...then they don't need my business or money. In short, it gives me a better understanding."

in short, you've managed in less than 10 posts to be one of the biggest douches we've ever heard from here! NOW LEAVE THIS THREAD! LEAVE, I SAY!

Mark 007,

The folks you're calling "trolls" are experienced HT patients who offer their advice and support to others that have had HT's or are considering them.

I thought they were being a bit hard on you, but no, it turns out that I'm just a little slow on the uptake.

Why the Shapiro Group would return your call is their affair, and good luck to them.

I'm done here.

mark h

Originally posted by pushing 40:

Fellas, stop waisting your time with this moron. Just be happy you are not his wife, child, or business partner/client. This guy is laughable at best; and this also proves my point about some people growing older and being the same dumbass prick they were when they were 20.

Note how he thinks he is hip...look at his haircut and attitude. Let it go: you're way past the youth years, only your mind is still stuck there. Even if you fix your hair, your wrinkles are a reminder of your age.

Guest Rickmonius

Mark 007,

OK so it looks like you agreed with my assessment of your first post and that I understand what you're trying to do. My honest opinion is that you can work this all out with Shapiro Medical Group in private. Putting it out here in public serves absolutely no purpose assuming the party you're "challenging" is reputable, which by your own research, you should know they are already. I've yet to read a post by someone who thinks SMG is less than ethical and has anything other than than their patient's best interest at heart.

Folks this is a great forum, primarily because we don't have to put up with the likes of this guy. He's not worth two pages of B.S. Maybe Pat will simply delete this thread and revoke this character's posting privileges. Till then just ignore him. Just remember, when you water a plant all you get is a larger plant.

Nice post.. It worked because:

WOW! You are so smart! You got the clinic to respond to a prospective client (even though he is a douche.) Calling them directly would not have worked at all, so congrats, you really fooled them.

wow, Janna replied to you. big surprise! you could've just picked up the phone and called SMG yourself, you f*cking idiot. nobody's done anything here but try to help you out; i've already asked the administrator to close this pointless thread.

Originally posted by Mark 007:

...plus the "thread" and "view" count goes up.. You get peoples attention this way..

Sorry dude, all you getting is more people thinking your a dick. I find it hard to believe that you actually go out hunting with a group of guys and no one has shot you yet! I'm guessing this is because you guys aren't actually going out for the hunting. So what do you guys then get up to out there at Brokeback mountain?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006