Pre-op Hairline design and Surgery

These are photos on sugery day. I met with Dr Dr. Rahal in the morning to design a really great hairline and we took some pictures.

Next we took a donor strip and planted almost 1800 graphs. A nice full dense hairline was the end result.

The worst part was the freezing. After that everything went very well. Dr. Rahal took excellent care of me!

8801097613_9B7562DE4D2327D4E559EC4E714B48DE.jpg.thumb 7801097613_41E2BA8971BB2C4B37A04EA02CA9EB3A.jpg.thumb 6801097613_9419EAFBCF6B0A6285967C2FDF120F8A.jpg.thumb 5801097613_55782AC2938B617227E97B2C628A7DCE.jpg.thumb 4801097613_2670A481E38AD62E58A27686500770AF.jpg.thumb 3801097613_91FBE1A4F34F262B11FBDDB7083CCD1B.jpg.thumb 2801097613_76B158629CBF1FA626F80E7ADE675D81.jpg.thumb

the first thing i did was looks at the pics and i was worried because it was obvious that you have really thick dense hair and i thought it would look wierd not placing alot of grafts with it.

but then i saw that you placed 1800 will blend in with your other hair

new hairline looks excellent.

i just want to mention that your old hairline wasnt so bad, you were probobly at worst a norwood 2, which aint bad at all i think

but of course people have thier reasons to get a ht.

happy growing, im sure youll be excited about your results =)

Your post-op photos look very good. I echo the poster before me that you do not seem to have a significant problem with MPB at all, at least at this point. Many of us wish we were in your predicament. I'm sure the end result of this proceedure will be a hairline which is more pleasing to you and hopefully it will "stand alone" and you will not need additional work.

Phil

Chicks_dig_guys_with_hair (CDGWH),

Welcome to our community.

Congratulations on selecting an excellent physician. I have seen a number of results in recent times from Dr. Rahal, and I have to say, I've been impressed by his work.

You do, however, look young. Are you on finasteride to help keep the existing native hair you have? Since hair loss is unpredictable, it is something to consider.

Oh, and what do you mean "the worst part was freezing"?

Keep us posted on your progress and heal well.

Bill

Hi

Looks good .. A couple of questions??

Your age?

Are you on Propecia?

Do you have any thinning in the back?

Thanks

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Chicksdig,

You look as though you have good hair characteristics for transplant surgery. The minimal contrast between your hair color and skin tone is sure plus. It also looks as though you have a slight waviness to your hair. Is that accurate?

Good luck and enjoy the watching the new hairs coming in over the next year. I echo the sentiments of some of the other posters who suggested you get on some medical therapy for hair loss if you are not already.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Sorry I took so long to respond...I'm a newbie : )

Yes my age...I am 31 years old and my hairline has been slowly disappearing ever since the end of University. I was getting really tired of trying to hide my hairlilne in the morning so I decided to get the surgery done. I haven't noticed thinning in an other specific area, but my crown has been slightly visible ever since puberty.

I am taking 1mg of Propecia (finasteride) daily. I started about 3 months prior to the surgery on Dr. Rahal's advice to help keep the folicles in my crown area strong.

Although the research I have done indicates that Propecia is not as affective on the hairline as it is on the crown, I thought that the idea of reducing the amount of DHT in my scalp pre-surgery sounded like a good idea. I thought that this might help maximize the yield of permanent hairs in the recipient area. I plan to keep taking 1mg of Propecia (finasteride) daily for the rest of my life.

It has been two (2) weeks since the surgery and I had my stiches removed today. I also started on Rogaine 5% topical solution. Dr. Rahal tells me I will be using the Rogaine for about a year to help encourage growth in the recipient area.

After a year we will do a re-assesment to figure out if I need a touch-up or not. Dr. Rahal said that given the number of graphs it is unlikely that I will require another transplant but I'm a perfectionist...

I typically wear my hair pretty short because I play a lot of sports. There is a slight waviness in it when I have had it long in the past (once). The recesion and asymnetry of my hairline is especially noticeable when my hair is long, so that's also another reason why I keep it short. It's such a bummer when my hair is a little longer and people tell me that it looks good - I wonder what they would have said if I pulled my bangs back...

We won't know the full effects for a year, but so far this has been an excellent experience for me. Thanks for all your support guys!

hi

Your lucky , you have good hair quality and I'm sure the results will be quite nice. Lastly, keep in mind once you go off Rogaine you will lose all of the effects you have gained

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

CDGWH,

I'm glad to see that you and Dr. Rahal developed a game plan. Taking finasteride is smart to attempt to minimize future loss. You are only 1 year older than me and I've had 3 transplants icon_wink.gif. Of course, I was a NW5A, now a recovering NW6.

The nice part is too...if you need future work done, 1800 grafts is not a lot of donor used, so you have plenty left. I advise you leave a good amount of donor available for if you need work behind the hairline at a later time.

Cheers bro. Keep us posted.

Bill

• 2 months later...