Laser Treatments

Jalter

New user to the community and first discussion posted. I signed on with the International Laser Clinic (http://www.laserhealth.ca) in Vancouver, BC and wanted to vent my dissapointment. I'm 9 months in and continue to lose hair. Not sure if anyone out there has had experience (good or bad) with laser treaments but I wanted to see if anyone has had a positive experience. The clinic provided a 6-month guarantee but made it very difficult to walk away urging that i would start to see results. Now that I'm beyond the guarantee period there's nothing i can do. $3900 bucks later - I feel like a sucker. Now looking at alternatives method for regrowth - anyone used "Scalp Med" before?

Hi Jalter,

Although there are some studies that indicate that laser therapy may be beneficial in preventing hair loss (although I have yet to see any noticeable visible regrowth on it alone) it is by no means as effective as the only 2 FDA approved meds for treating hairloss: Finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) and Minoxidil (Rogaine).

Trying to treat your hairloss with anything else is unlikely to work.

Here is an informative article that indicates that scalp med may not be FDA approved for hair loss:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2005/10/05/scalpmed/

There are many proprietory products like Scalp med and Revivogen that will include minoxidil in their formula as well as '11 other secret herbs and spices' that makes their formula unique. If I were you I would not buy into any of them. If you require anything more effective than generic minoxidil I would recommend having a look at Xandrox from minoxidil.com. Dr Lee has been conducting open research on hairloss for many years the results of that research can be found on his website. He has solutions that include a high dosage of Minoxidil (12.5 and 15%) that also contain Azelaic acid which is believed to inhibit up to 100% of DHT where applied. He also provides a night time forumula which includes retonic acid which is believed to increase the absorption of Minoxidil.

Basically a popular and effective hair treatment regime is to use a combination of Propecia, Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo. Here is a good article suggesting the use of the above:

http://www.regrowhair.com/general-hair-loss-topics/5-wa...-hair-loss-sufferer/

Hope this helps!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I work with [company name removed], which uses low level laser therapy for hair regrowth. I'm sorry that you had a poor result. We just starting using the laser here, and our customers are already noticing that the clumps of hair falling out have stopped. You can see some before and afters and more info at [link removed - Robert].

****lada299, please do not use our discussion forums to advertise. These forums exist for hair loss sufferers to share their experiences without advertisements - Robert****

• 1 month later...

Keep away from the Lougheed Laser Centre Vancouver Burnaby Whistler.

The lougheed laser clinic severely burned me during a laser hair removal treatment. I needed medical attention after the laser hair removal treatment. The Vancouver Lougheed Laser clinic severly burned by legs in a laser treatment then blamed me for their incompetence.

I was horribly burned from the laser hair removal procedure and it took me over two years to heal from the laser burns. I've heard they have burned other women having laser hair removal in Vancouver and Burnaby but they have a high priced lawyer that refuse to admit they do anything wrong.

Stay away from the Lougheed Laser Center for the health of your skin as they may burn your skin with their laser hair removal machine. Their technicians will never mention that they may burn you during their consultation and if they burn you the Lougheed Laser Center will not admit they did anything wrong. Check the better business bureau as I am going to file a report against the Lougheed Laser Centre in Vancouver Burnaby Whistler. I'm also going to file a complaint against them with the College of Physicians and Surgeons for the laser burn injuries. Find a reputable laser hair removal clinic, you won't regret it and will be much happier with the laser hair removal results.

Be careful

Deb

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been trying to find a way to deal with my receding hairline and have finally found one. Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a new method of stimulating hair growth that's been used in Europe for some time and is just starting to gain popularity in the states.

I looked at several over-the-counter products and found one Laser comb/ Laser brush that tops all the others. It's called the Hair Rejuvenator, it uses photon energy to stimulate the cells on top of one's head, this causes better circulation on top of your head and a general improvement in cellular dynamics.

It's better than the rest because it has 9 actual lasers (as opposed to 9 split beams form 1 Laser), it uses the clinically approved wavelength for improving cellular dynamics, 650nm), it's cordless, and it has adjustable settings for people with different hair types.

I've talked to several people that say they've had great results and am starting treatment soon myself, their website is www.hairrejuvenator.com. Has anyone else heard of this Laser brush?

I have severe case of laser fatigue, can anyone help?

My symptoms include reading idiotic claims of how this grows hair and feelings of helplessness for those being ripped off.

Laser, laser go away.

NoBuzz

Total rubbish

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Not rubbish!!! I was able to remove several of the internal components to use in my hyper-drive space-time continuum flex-mobile. This enabled me to skip a couple of parsecs on my journey across the Nexus zone of the Turillium empire's space property! icon_biggrin.gif

nobuzz.....LOL

pushing40.....so you admit that it IS useful for something......

Jalter, Pete,..........if you want to throw your money away on a product that has no scientific basis, you may want to invest in pushing 40's new flex mobile. Just keep giving him money & he'll probably have a demo model ready in 6 months or so......

The laser technology is "snake-oil" until proven otherwise. The only folks really happy with the results are those who sell the product or service.

• Moderators
Originally posted by petesman:

i just purchased the hairmax laser comb .. ill post in 3 months to tell if its working

Petesman,

Please do post updates every few months. We need some believable reviews, good or bad, from people on this forum rather than the useless one time posters/advertisers who say it works great. Go buy it.

Take some before pics first, so we can later compare with newer pics and view any (hopefully for you) growth progress.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

the Hairmax Laser Comb has been no-strings-attached FDA approved,though, right? I remember reading an article about it in Time magazine and eventually got compelled to buy one. I beleive it got the approval as early as January of this year, but hopefully in time it will become a staple and The Big Three will become The Big Four!

I'm hoping that it will be of particular usefullness when I start using it post-HT.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

be happy, more than happy to update u guys,, still awaitin delivery.. only thing is i just started rogaine 2 months ago and had a ht 1 month ago,, itl be very hard for me to see whats doing what... when i decided to buy the laser comb all i whated it for is to thicken my new hair.. fingers crossed eh! ill keep a photo dairy no probs!

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

I dunno about those yardsales. Two good friends have used it for a litle under 2 months and are already seeing results, I've done the first week. Nothing yet but I really believe this hair rejuvenator laser therapy works, hopefully the results will tell me the same. I'll keep the updates comin.

My best hope for it is that it will basically augment existing treatments, I think thats the best case scenario for it....though, it seems that many beleive it is 100% bs.....

Nonetheless, I'm hoping it would help my HT hair grow in stronger, faster; maybe be one more thing to aid in my existing hair coming in stronger....I dunno, but I didn't pay for the laser comb so I might as well give it a whirl.

I too will report benefits; am going to start using it this week I think.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Dr. Rassman has a very interesting article on the laser comb and the results they were "claiming".

See it Here

It seems there was a little fudging of the results.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Really good article, mildly depressing, not altogether surprising...I feel like I just learned that Santa Claus doesn't exist! icon_wink.gif

-----------