My before and after shots, hope they come out...

The before pic is me, age 44, slowly progressed from mid-20s. (sorry but coudn't figure out how to post more than one pic) Tried Rogaine in past, all I did was boost their stock. Some growth in crown, but not enough. Finally stopped all products about 3-4 years ago, then started thinking about HT. Got great feeling from Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, and recommend him highly, as most reviews show.

My decision was to go with a 'one-shot-deal', with no real intention of having to go back. Reality being what it is, and new found vanity may have me wonder back in a year or as my donor area and thickness is pretty good. I had two back to back sessions (two days) of 1500 each, which is probably good from standpoint of not fatiguing the staff or me. It was a logical break point for doing 1500 in crown and 1500+ in front area to mimick my late 20s hairline. I am very pleased with the contour and can't wait for process to start, but from reading all your great posts, I know it will take time.

Good luck to all and Many thanks to Dr. icon_biggrin.gifJerry Cooley, his wonderful staff.

[This message was edited by TimofCharlotte on June 25, 2003 at 09:22 PM.]

AFTER_062503.JPG.95ba9bb845d5f0f0b118f7aac050e0fc.JPG

The before pic is me, age 44, slowly progressed from mid-20s. (sorry but coudn't figure out how to post more than one pic) Tried Rogaine in past, all I did was boost their stock. Some growth in crown, but not enough. Finally stopped all products about 3-4 years ago, then started thinking about HT. Got great feeling from Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, and recommend him highly, as most reviews show.

My decision was to go with a 'one-shot-deal', with no real intention of having to go back. Reality being what it is, and new found vanity may have me wonder back in a year or as my donor area and thickness is pretty good. I had two back to back sessions (two days) of 1500 each, which is probably good from standpoint of not fatiguing the staff or me. It was a logical break point for doing 1500 in crown and 1500+ in front area to mimick my late 20s hairline. I am very pleased with the contour and can't wait for process to start, but from reading all your great posts, I know it will take time.

Good luck to all and Many thanks to Dr. icon_biggrin.gifJerry Cooley, his wonderful staff.

[This message was edited by TimofCharlotte on June 25, 2003 at 09:22 PM.]

Did the doctor leave you with 2 seperate scars, or did he stitch you up and remove from the same area? You're the first person I've ever heard of having back to back strip surgeries. Looks like some fine work. You'll be looking good when it grows in.

On the first day, the donor area came from just behind my left ear area to middle of back of head, then sutured up, etc.

The second day essentially went from the back of right ear and over to where the first donor area had ended.

Overall effect will be one scar as if taken at one time. If I remember correctly, it was about a 3/8" wide donor area.

First night was worst, but I didn't know I could take Tylenol to help ease the pain. Still not that big a deal.

I've attached my 'pre-op' hairline as well.

before_062203.jpg.5c23ee75adb4839ef73850b454a62c1e.jpg

Tim,

I'm really glad to hear you had such a positive experience with Cooley. I'm a little over 3 months post-op from my 1500 graft HT with him. This is usually the low point where many guys are kinda down waiting on their growth and/or dealing with shockloss (of which I still havent had any), but I'm still feeling really good about it. My real growth spurts should be coming over the horizon any time now, and I'm pretty excited to get to the 1 year mark and see the final results.

I too was just overly impressed with him, his work, and his staff. Keep us updated with your progress and again...congratulations!!

• 1 month later...