Interact with forum members on a personal level

Dear forum members,

In response to your suggestions, we have decided to create this forum to give members a specific place to interact with other members on a more personal level.

Here you can interact with other hair loss sufferers by sharing your hair loss experiences and how it has impacted you. Relate to others on more personally and offer and receive helpful support in this forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 8 years later...

Hi Bill,

I hope to get some attention from you and some senior members here !!

I am 26 years old, went through a hair straightening procedure 6-7 years ago, have been losing hair at moderate pace since then. Baldness runs in my family as well. At norwood 2 stage with less density in frontal area, i went through a 1000 graft hair transplant at Bangalore, India by Dr. Venkat charmalaya. It was a futile effort, i ended up with lesser hair on front, maybe due to shock loss and no additional regrowth, have also been on finasteride by dr. reddy;s for 6 months, no visible improvement. I seek help in choosing a doctor in India/Thailand.(Preferably India), A doctor who could assure results this time, as another futile transplant would deplete my donor supply and time. I would be grateful for your inputs, as this forum is my only ray of hope now.

Personally visited Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh and Dr. Kapil Dua in Ludhiana, while Dr.Kapil Dua gave me a lot of comfort and confidence, Dr. Bhatti's reviews seem better, also he has many visible success cases on this forum, i also liked his clinic's exclusivity to hair restoration.

Have also went through posts of HT failures by both doctors on this forum, specially the one where Dr.bhatti did not do most of the surgery by himself, and the forum's have a lot of failed cases against doctor dua,

While both of them are only "recommended" surgeon's here, Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich in Thailand is "coalition surgeon", would going to him create a huge difference, or either of these two mentioned doctors equally good ?

I am aware that while harvesting and design is done by the surgeon himself, while planting is done by the helpers, is this true always ?

Also, i need guidance in how to go about the surgery with high success chances this time, without feeling cheated like in the first case, please help me choose a surgeon.

5b32eec99f737_IMG_20160913_1554177481.thumb.jpg.89661b4623690296e3bd99f9f7ae40cd.jpg

I probably prefer Dr. Path out of the ones that you have mentioned most. I do not know about Dr. Dua. I really don't know that there is much difference in a Coalition doc and a recommended doc. Over the years, it seems that praise and results come in waves with different docs. I don't know if it is because of visibility or if it is because of tech changes.

Best thing to do is to continue doing your research like you are now and then make a decision.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Ive met many forum members at a personal level,  called, spoke, helped etc.  

Covid kind of slowed things down but it is great to meet folks that understand.  

Best if all, it helps save lives too from making rush decisions.