what can i do

Tweek2X - get in contact with The Shapiro Medical Group in Minneapolis. Talk to Matt Zupan. I had the same problem for years being told similar alternative treatments. You can do an online consult, send them the pictures and they will walk you through your options. It would be a great second opinion for you and if they confirm you are not a candidate, then good for you as they will tell you alternative methods that will ultimately save you $$ on a HT. By the way, I just had my first HT completed by them this past week.

Rahal is most assuredly not "overly-conservative" in his practice, so he must have had some strong reasoning. Did he elaborate to you why he doesn't feel you are an acceptable candidate?

Regardless of whether another doc says you are a candidate, I would take Rahal's words into consideration when making your ultimate decision.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Tweek2X,

I'd take both Edge and thanatopsis' advise in both aspects. A second opinion is definitely reassuring for the most part.

I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the doctors mentioned on this site that are both part of the coalition and those that are just mentioned by the users like us. If thanatopsis is confident in Dr. Rahal's opinion then definitely take his advise about not being a HT candidate. I'd say at least ask the Shapiro Medical Group for alternatives other than HT. I've heard good things about them for sure. Whether it's a second opinion or a 20th, there's got to be an answer for what you're going through. Good luck to you.

Tweek2X,

I'd take both Edge and thanatopsis' advise in both aspects. A second opinion is definitely reassuring for the most part.

I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the doctors mentioned on this site that are both part of the coalition and those that are just mentioned by the users like us. If thanatopsis is confident in Dr. Rahal's opinion then definitely take his advise about not being a HT candidate. I'd say at least ask the Shapiro Medical Group for alternatives other than HT. I've heard good things about them for sure. Whether it's a second opinion or a 20th, there's got to be an answer for what you're going through. Good luck to you.

Reyes

Medical Assistant to Dr. Parsa Mohebi

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"

thana, I think your hairloss pattern is "somewhat" similar to tweek2x and by judging YOUR results he might turn out just fine.

tweek2x, try contacting Dr. Feller and get your second opinion. I am NOT trying to discredit Dr. Rahal but I would still do a second consult.