Hair Transplant Divots

I had a HT done over three years ago and there are 10 "dimples" or "divots" where the grafts went that are in the very front of my head. Under some light they are not too noticable, under other light they look pretty bad. My wife calls me rub-a-dub-dolly! Has anyone ever heard of this and if so is there any correction for it? I had over 700 grafts on my head and all of the others look fine, just these 10 in the most important part of my head.

Someone help, this is making me a wreck!!

I had a HT done over three years ago and there are 10 "dimples" or "divots" where the grafts went that are in the very front of my head. Under some light they are not too noticable, under other light they look pretty bad. My wife calls me rub-a-dub-dolly! Has anyone ever heard of this and if so is there any correction for it? I had over 700 grafts on my head and all of the others look fine, just these 10 in the most important part of my head.

Someone help, this is making me a wreck!!

I have the same hairline issues that I covered up for many years by "borrowing" hair from the side and using hairspray. Yes, under certain lights it was(YES, I SAID WAS) horrible.

My procedure with Dr.Wong completely camouflaged the problem. He inserted single hair FUs behind, into, and in front of the problem area. What caused me grief for many years is now history.

In some more drastic cases, the problem plugs can be removed and re-used as FUs. Hopefully, If your transplanted line isn't too low, this won't be necessary. GOOD LUCK.

By the way, "rub-a-dub dolly" is a killer!

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Unlevelness in the recipient area is usually caused by the grafts not being placed at the proper depth. Some people have wound healing with this appearence even when atraumatic incisions and grafts at proper depths are used. Hopefully in your case the grafts at the hairline are at a height where single hair follicular units can be placed all around the surface skin imperfections to camouflage it. If not, then grafts can be removed and even recycled in more suitable locations. If you have only had one precedure then most likely you have more than enough donor hair needed to correct the problem.

Thanks for the info. It does appear as thought the grafts were placed too deep. Is it possibe to take out the improperly inserted grafts (3+hairs) and put new ones (single hairs) in their place at the right height? I am really afraid of having anything else done in front, since this was my first experince and the Dr. (Elliot and True) assured me that everything would be perfect. My confidence is really shaken from this. Any help would be much appreciated!