Just FYI- DR Rose and Intercytex

I remember reading a discussion about Intercytex and their work here (within Future Medical Treatments posted by ibehavinghairnow) and just recently found this info on Dr. Paul Rose's site:

"Dr. Rose is also involved with the culturing of Dermal Papilla cells which can then be implanted into the scalp. These implanted cells could provide a source of growing hairs. The work is being done in association with a company named Intercytex. Preliminary work on mice using human dermal papilla cells has resulted in the growth of human hairs on the mice."

Just thought I'd share as I know this research looked promising. I would love to hear from Dr. Rose on this...

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

I remember reading a discussion about Intercytex and their work here (within Future Medical Treatments posted by ibehavinghairnow) and just recently found this info on Dr. Paul Rose's site:

"Dr. Rose is also involved with the culturing of Dermal Papilla cells which can then be implanted into the scalp. These implanted cells could provide a source of growing hairs. The work is being done in association with a company named Intercytex. Preliminary work on mice using human dermal papilla cells has resulted in the growth of human hairs on the mice."

Just thought I'd share as I know this research looked promising. I would love to hear from Dr. Rose on this...

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They say the cultured cells grow pretty well on nude mice. However, the human trials are not so good. Dr. Rose says the orientation is not predictable and that the type of hair that will grow is not yet controlled, i.e. all types of curly, straight, etc. grows at once.

Thomas Ortiz

Thomas Ortiz, BS

Hair Technologist

James Harris, MD

Previous experience with Rose, MD Mwamba,MD, Devroye, MD, Bridges, MD, Cooley, MD, Bisanga, MD, (Bosley/MHR/PAI/Nuhart brief work to understand corporate hair restoration concepts), Cole, MD.

Experience in Procedure: FUT/FUE/Fi_T/Repair Cases/MUT.

I offer unbiased information. I am not compensated to post.