surgeons

Guest brent

Just wondering if anyone knows the Toronto/Mississagua area for the best surgeons, like Dr. Seager or Eisenberg? Any others? Very curious.

Just wondering if anyone knows the Toronto/Mississagua area for the best surgeons, like Dr. Seager or Eisenberg? Any others? Very curious.

• 2 months later...

DO NOT GO TO DR. EISENBERG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD HAIR DOC !!!!!!!!

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT

THIS GUY IS A ROBOT/SEWING MACHINE COMBO

GOOD LUCK!

I have heard good things about Dr. Cottrelle. I met with him and found him to be very pleasant and honest. However, I decided not to go with him because he recommeded two sessions as oppossed to one megasession and I preferred one larger session. I dedided to go with Seagre who reguarly does 3000 or more grafts in one session.

I'm scheduled for January 24th and I'll let you know how it goes.

The problem with getting 3000 grafts is that the donor excision is bigger, increasing you chances of scar problems. Personally, I would hesitate at going over about 2000-2400 or so, unless you have exceptionally high follicle density.

• 1 month later...

Hi Brent.

I did in fact have the transplant on Jan 24th as scheduled. I had 3006 all FUV grafts. I decided to go with Dr. Seagre's associate Dr. Cam Simmons because I was able to save over $5000 when you factor in taxes. Simmon was trained by Seagre. In addition, since the same technicians plant all of the grafts using the same equipment and method perfected by Seagre, I did was fairly confident that I would get equivalent results going with Simmons instead of Seagre personally. I was also told this by the sales consulatant when I asked whether or not the result would be any different if I went with Seagre as oppossed to Simmons. In any event, the procedure went smoothly. I watched a movie and remember very little of the procedure due to the amnestic effect of the sedatives used. The procedure took abot 12-13 hours in total. I was in some pain the first night but only had minor throbbing for two days therafter. I stopped using the pain mediaction after 3 nights. The swelling was very minimal although I did experience some. It took about 12-13 days for all of the the scabs to fall off. I would highly recommend taking at least 2 weeks off of work. I returned to work exactly two weeks later and no one noticed- at least they did not mention anything. However, the recipient area was pink which I was able for the most part to camouflouge with my existing hair. I did not experience any shock loss- or at least it was not noticeable. This was notwithstanding the fact that the grafts were transplanted not only to my temples (which were bald) but also between and around my existing hair. I am now almost 6.5 weeks post-op and not one of my friends has mentioned anything to me (I did not tell them I had the procedure) but they are the type that would mention it if they noticed something odd. At this point I would say only about 50% of the FUVs have falllen out. The others are starting to grow or have remained a similar length. In addition, there are some dots on the surface of the skin which suggests that the FUV's are already starting to grow. I will keep you posted. I'm looking forward to the spring and summer. icon_wink.gif

I am moving around forum discussions to see if I can find anyone who has had work done with Dr. Roy Jones of NHI. I have done my research, and I am looking forward to a procedure, but I would like to hear from others who may have had an experience with him. Please respond! Thanks!

You might want to start your own Roy Jones thread. That will have the best odds of attracting the attention of Roy Jones patients.

It is very possible that nobody currently reading this forum has used Roy Jones. That should not deter you from using him, if you think you've decided he's "top-notch". But adding your inquiry to various other threads is probably not going to help. I bet almost everyone who reads the forum will read "the whole forum". You're not being ignored or overlooked, it's just that we don't have any feedback for you.

One or two comments I can make about Roy Jones. I believe he uses an "all-FU grafts" procedure, which is a very good sign. He is also recommended by this website, and he is also a member of the IAHRS, which are votes of confidence as well.

Try doing a search on Google to see what else you can find.

The best thing would be to meet as many former patients as possible, though. You have to see the results in person, from all angles. And not just the guys who happen to work in the office, I mean outside patients. Ask Dr. Jones' office to assist you with some contacts, as many as possible.

Arfy, thanks for the reply. I did not mean to be too stubborn, but I am anxious to have this done so I get a bit rambunctious. I appreciate very much the feedback, and I will be seeing as many clients of Dr. Jones as possible. Again, thank you for your input.

I had a 3475 graft procedure done at Dr.Seager in Toronto. The procedure went well and I am happy with the results. He is very professional and I would recommend him.