Dr. Pong in Thailand / Asia ? Any experiences ?

NW5a

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there ...

I had a ht done about 3.5 months ago in bangkok with dr. pathomvanich. I am happy at this point with the procedure so far. The next 2-3 months will allow me to better judge things though.

I checked out dr. pong's website and it looks good. One piece of advice when having a ht in this region is to make sure the doctor only does ht's. Oftern dr's will have practices in cosmetic surgery and include ht rather than just focussing on just ht.

Do your research and ask lots of questions. I also suggest you check out dr. pathomvanich's website.

Additionally, where r u located NW5a?

cheers,

Guest josh - b

i looked at dr suradej pong about a year ago. He was trained by dr path and has been on his own for 7 years i think.

Everthing about him checks out. His surgical techniques seem excellent, his work looks very refined and there are a ton of pics on his website.

Personnally i'd go with Dr path but dr suradej is definitely a good option for that part of the world.

Maybe Bill/pat should have a look at him? He could be recommendation material.

• 3 months later...

Anybody else have anything to say about Dr. Pong??? Website does indeed look good,they tell you all the facts,no hidden bullshite,prices of course are amazing.....but surgery in another country is kinda scary

• 3 months later...

I never heard of him, which means nothing except that I cannot respond to the question.... in case anyone was expecting me to. icon_smile.gif

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• 10 months later...

Dr Pong did work on my receeding hairline 13 months ago and it looks great. From my experience I would strongly recommend him. He was very responsive and helpful to the best of his ability via e-mail afterwards.

Was touring Thailand and only in Chiang Mai (where he is based) for a few days. Met him once in the morning and we talked it through and he predicted 1800-2000 grafts. He then stood off and made sure I was ok to go through with it and he got it done that afternoon. He ended up using just over 2200 grafts from the transplanted area and only charged me for 2000.

Stopped by the next day for a check up and left Thailand the following day.

All in all a great experience.

side after...

As i said its 2200 grafts, and theyre packed in pretty well. The gaps were filled in perfectly and the hairline was brought down about 3/4cm (doesnt really show in the photos) im very happy with the density.

For those who are considering him I was in the same boat as you before I made a decision, very little info out there on him and pretty much just his website to go by. Very happy I went for it.

Was a little surprised at how casual the whole affair was. My only dialogue woth him prior to meeting him was just through his hotmail account and it seemed very informal but any concerns were put to rest when i set foot in his clinic. Its all very professional.

I also took note of the calender on his desk, he only gave me a few dates to choose from to book the procedure and when i saw the calender I noticed he had a surgery for most days that month. I took that to mean that theres a large volume of people going to him and theres no negative feedback out there about him at all so he must be good!...even Ive been neglecting reviewing him for quite a while.

So yeah, to reiterate, id strongly recommend him. For anyone else thinking of getting a job done anywhere in Thailand id also strongly recommend it. You can holiday around the country and considering the amount of ladyboys out there id say these guys are some of the best cosmetic surgeons in the world! In general the healthcare out there is fantastic and this area seems to be no exception.

DSCF4905a.jpg.b19046406389963fdf0e21386322cf80.jpg

Your hair looks prittyprittty good! icon_smile.gif I don't know much about Dr. Pong, but I've heard some good/interesting things. I've been more knowledgeable about Dr. Path, who I think recently was accepted into being reccommended by HTN.

It seems you kind of fell into the HT, so I'm extra-happy you got a result your very pleased with -- recipe for disaster most of the time!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Erik , i am from Holland

I just had my second HT with Dr. Pong.

My fist surgery was on October 28, 2008. My second one was on November 2, 2009.

At the first HT dr Pong and his team transplanted 2438 grafts , on the 2nd HT 2318 grafts.

I am really happy with the results so far. I have attached 2 pictures. If anybody has questions please let me know.

before_and_after_7_month.JPG.378209b6c074e9bb2638ea9ac26c149c.JPG

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by NW5a:

I came from germany and i have found my surgeon. Somebody asked me about Dr.Pong and i didn?‚??t know him so i asked here...

Thx, i will look for Dr.Pathomvanich !

Just has a transplant with dr path he did an excellent job painless and very professional.Highly reccommened

• 6 months later...
Hi, my name is Erik , i am from Holland

I just had my second HT with Dr. Pong.

My fist surgery was on October 28, 2008. My second one was on November 2, 2009.

At the first HT dr Pong and his team transplanted 2438 grafts , on the 2nd HT 2318 grafts.

I am really happy with the results so far. I have attached 2 pictures. If anybody has questions please let me know.

Hi there,

I was reading your previous posts and found them interesting.

I too am considering Dr Pong in Thailand. I was encouraged from your sharing of information too.

Can I ask you about the scar - was the procedure closed properly so there is little or no tell tale evidence that the procedure was done?

Do you think the quality of his work is excellent?

For me, the placing of the grafts is obviously important, but the minimizing of the graft donor area is equally important too.

I noticed that Dr. Pong only does the strip extraction, while Dr Pathomvanich uses the FUE technique which doesn't leave the long scar. I don't think I like the idea of flesh being cut out, such as with the strip extraction. The FUE is a lot more expensive though.

Any thoughts on this?

Hi garet. a few things

[1] in another thread you mentioned Dr. Pong was trained by Dr. Path, however I don't think this was ever verified, but rather mentioned offhandedly by some random post.

[2] Also, its VERY interesting how many english-speaking clients Dr. Pong has had and yet on the testimonials, many of them have broken-english recommendations.

[3] Most forum posts mentioning Dr. Pong originate from unique accounts that are only a couple of days old with only a few posts to their name. None from senior forum members.

Dr Pong could be an amazing HT surgeon. just not sure that all the facts are available, or even what is a fact.