insulting millions who have had the strip surgery method

abdulla

hi Bill i suspect they have no happy bunnies who want to post,just take a look at their testimonials

Well I just got a reply from a Lorraine from DHI today via email. I do have to admit, the email was very informative and did address MOST of my questions. But jus as HK500 said, there was a lot of hype about guarantee's etc. Now the interesting thing is, I asked for a patient contact list, and they did provide one to me, some even in the US. I may email a few of them to see if they are willing to post some pictures here or email me privately. Additionally, and this I liked. I quote

"We have an open book policy and will be happy to meet you at any time and allow you to observe a procedure live."

If I lived in FL, I might just be curious enough to go in there to observe a live surgery.

Anyway...my skeptisicm and everyone's should be obvious. If DHI has found this revolutionary way of doing hair transplants, why aren't the well renowned top doctor's of the world performing the same surgery? Additionally, how come it's so easy to find results on these forums from these well renowned doctors but nothing from DHI. The only two patients that I've ever heard from regarding DHI have posted on this thread and have posted negatively. I'm sure there are satisfied patients out there somewhere...but even MHR and Bosley have some satisfied patients out of the many unhappy ones.

Bill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cousin_It

guys...

Good idea! Lets send a decoy down to their office and get this all on tape. Then we can run an expose on them through this forum. I think Geraldo would be proud of us! Now, who is <STRIKE>stupid</STRIKE> brave enough to do this?

hi mark

i have no pictures as i was expecting dhi to provide them.on survival rate ,i followed all the post op instructions.

i can only assume the follicles were damaged when extracted or when implanted and this is why i got a very poor yield.

they train a lot of doctors to be ht surgeons some will be better than others,i got the sh*t end of the stick.

what really annoys me is they did not give a damm about my complaints,so on my personal experience with them i would not recomend.

hope this helps

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Lewis,

What's free of charge? The consults? Most physicians give free consultations.

The problem with DHI is it appears to be more like a hair mill chain like MHR and Bosley. They claim to have a superior method but the only real time patients who I've ever seen post anything about it have posted on this thread and have had negative results. It doesn't speak well of the clinic.

The way I see it is this...search this forum and other forums for doctors you are impressed with...see REAL patient results from people who are not getting paid to advertise (such as websites, etc - JoTronic and Spex discluded from this statement since they are real patients! JoTronic I met in person and he's the real deal.) Go to a doctor you are impressed with...not any self proclaimed clinic. Patients that post here and other forums are the best or worst forms of "advertising" for a clinic...because it shows the REAL thing...good or bad.

Bill

I have undergone a DHI operation on July 2005, using the The D.H.I.?® (Direct Hair Implantation) patented technique. The results are simply amazing. I am on their website I am Case Study no. 31. Final photos of my head will be posted soon.

They made my feel very relaxed before the op. The procedure took two days for transplanting 3,250 hairs. The whole thing was really quick and comfortable. Went back to London the next day (Friday) went back to work the following Monday. All done!

The whole thing was fast, accurate, professional and the most important thing of all...they really do practice what they preach!!!!

I remember during my hairloss. I went from brush to comb, from comb to fingers, from fingers to shaving my head. After DHI, I am using my brush again!

I.Matas_Front-a.jpg.a5145f8df39c5c2104ca949d7a7cb407.jpg

There is nothing revolutionary about the DHI method. They perform Follicular Unit Extraction and have a decent success rate.

My only issue with DHI is that they franchise out their name to anyone with enough money to start a clinic.

Just like McDonalds they help you set everything up, provide training, but there seems to be no real qualifying prerequisites for opening a clinic. Basically, I could put together about 3-500,000 hire a Doc or two to train and then open the doors.

I guess it is hit or miss and really depends on the Doc at the clinc a person chooses.

I have heard both good and bad from DHI.

IMO, I would not take the risk.

IXM--- I am glad that you are happy, but due to the "uncontrolled variables" present at DHI, I think you got very lucky, and for that I am glad. I just don't think your endorsement warrants our support of DHI at this time.

Thanks

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

hi ixm

i am pleased for you if you have had a good result but from your photo i can not judge as there is no close up or picture showing top view.

as for dhi testimonials go they are very vague

ie no contact numbers,graft placement,surgeon,doctor etc etc.

Originally posted by Bill:

Abdulla,

My dear I am not an employee...

I hope you are a girl, since you just called a guy "dear" icon_wink.gif.

Bill

Yeah. Besides, Bill is MY dear. icon_eek.gif

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Hello again

I have enclosed my 'hair timeline' showing the before and after result of the DHI op.

Before I went to DHI, I researched for a good year to see what solutions there are out there in the world. I tried almost everything. With no luck.

DHI showed a realistic solution to the problem, not a monthly solution that comes in a bottle/pill that you have to pay till the day you die but a nonivasive procedure that is there for life!! If you have enough hair to donate something can be done. I was of the opinion that I had nothing to lose (excuse the pun) and realistic in terms of what can be done. I knew I was not going to have my flowing locks back to when I was a teen!!!!!

As far a I am concerned this is as good as it gets, the other is the laboratory guys finally finding the holy grail that is a genetic solution/reverse switch to hairloss. That is not round the corner.

Thanks for you time

I???±igo

PS DHI aren't paying for this by the way, this is off my own back!

Hair_timeline.jpg.1825b68dcef0a45d4a7715f7144dcec0.jpg

IXM,

I am starting to suspect the integrity of your postings because this is almost a (if not an exact) duplicate of another post in another thread. I am not one to jump on anyone...but I've seen over time a number of people come on here for the sole purpose of trying to promote a company or their doctor rather than sharing their experience and being a part of the community. These people are easily spotted when they come on just to "promote" their doctor and don't participate in any other discussion.

Bill

hi Bill

totally agree with you on ixm

why do happy dhi patients only reply to posts complaining about them.

what happened to abdullah aka dhi.

any publicity is good publicity,i hope not in this case.

My integrity is 100% Bill.

I am just sharing my experience, that is all. With facts i.e photos. I can understand you suspicion if it was just a verbal story but photos don't lie. No retouching at all.

I have duplicated the same story in another thread, I am not going to waste time adapting the same story somewhere else.

I can't help noticing such negative views in general. Suddenly something good comes in and you all shoot it down. I live in London UK, anybody wants to talk about it in detail my email is inigo@theohodgesdesign.com.

At the end of the day I don't have to prove anything. Just wanted to help or give a positive view. I have done something about my hairloss chose DHI, and it worked.

Cheers

I???±igo

PS. I will be posting this in the other thread...exactly the same icon_wink.gif

IXM, please feel free to start your own thread detailing your experiences.

Unfortunately, many "hairmills" like to monitor this site and a few others and have "happy customers" swoop in and cast a positive light when someone posts a negative experience.

I am not accusing you of anything, nor I am backing off Bill's opinion either.

Again, I am happy that you are happy with your results. Like I said before, the cloud of doubt surrounding the efficacy of DHI's approach is still very large and we seem to hear almost as many negative experiences as positive ones.

I wish you well.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

IXM,

Thanks for the response. In all honesty, I was/am hoping that you are 100% legit. We are open to hearing experiences both positive and negative about any and every clinic. The more information, the better. As B Spot stated, feel free to start your own thread and we'd love to hear more about your experience. Before/after and progressive pictures would be helpful to members to see what your journey has been like.

Also as B Spot said, you'd be surprised how many people have come on here in the past masquerading as a patient just trying to "plug" their clinic. Ethically, it is wrong...we are dealing with real people here making real decisions. It's bad enough commercials downright lie and it's legal...so we try to monitor and keep this place "safe" and call things like they are...or may be. So...that being said, I hope you'll stick around and share with us your experience in detail, number of grafts, location, pictures (recipient and donor), etc.

Bill

IXM, in your first (of 6) posts, you wrote (and I'm pasting it here) "I have undergone a DHI operation on July 2005, using the The D.H.I.?® (Direct Hair Implantation) patented technique." What keys did you use to create the "R" symbol?

IXM, if you don't mind, I have another question: If, as you say, your experience was superb and the results are "as good as it gets," why are you reading these boards? If you are so content, what are you searching for after a year of intensive research and a perfect procedure?

Finally, I noticed that you registered January 22, 2007 and your first post was that same day. Since your procedure was in July of 2005, what prompted you to suddenly pop up on this website in January of 2007 and share your experience?

I eagerly, and curiously, await reply.

My blog.

Bushy

I think he will post a reply when he figures out how to type the r symbol (lol)

Regarding dhi, about a month ago i saw an ad in the local newspaper (Kuwait) about fue available here. This was big news to me, as the only procedures being done here were strip from visiting French surgeons. At the time I was interested in going the fue route.

Anyway I called the clinic (a local plactic surgeon) and scheduled a consultation. He explained that docs from DHI would be coming here to perform FUE procedures.

He looked at my scalp and said that 1000 hairs would do, and that they would charge $8 per hair...yes HAIR.

Since then I contacted a several well known surgeons and they all recommended 4500+ grafts. I'm scheduled for a strip procedure this month.

My reservations regarding dhi are their pricing structure and the fact that they are allowing a local plastic surgeon to do consultations in their name. Had I not done any homework, I would have ended up paying $8000 for 1000 hairs. Picture that on a NW5a (LOL)

my 0.02 cents

Originally posted by Barca:

Bushy

I think he will post a reply when he figures out how to type the r symbol (lol)

ROTFL

My blog.

Hi Barca,

I have heard only vaguely positive feedback from Dr. Bisanga. To be absolutely safe I would probably go with a Coalition or a recommended Dr. but it sounds like you are confident about your research.

I followed a similar route very recently and got my second HT from a surgeon who was only recently recommended by Pat and not on the Coalition yet. My full report is coming any day, I am just waiting for the pics from the clinic.

It would help the forum if you could communicate Dr. Bisanga's price structure and your before/after pictures.