Joe Greco

Pat,

Is Joe Greco PAC still affiliatied with Shapiro

Medical Group. Also I dont have enough donor hair

to cover the entire area. I have already had 5000

grafts done and it seems that based on others

pictures that I have seen with the same number

of grafts that I should be well covered by now.

Any comments. I only have a small amount of donor

hair left (around 1000-1200 ) so I am going in

May to try and perfect the hairline area. Any

comments appreciated.

Greg D.

Pat,

Is Joe Greco PAC still affiliatied with Shapiro

Medical Group. Also I dont have enough donor hair

to cover the entire area. I have already had 5000

grafts done and it seems that based on others

pictures that I have seen with the same number

of grafts that I should be well covered by now.

Any comments. I only have a small amount of donor

hair left (around 1000-1200 ) so I am going in

May to try and perfect the hairline area. Any

comments appreciated.

Greg D.

I've posted in some other areas. I am Joe Greco patient. I have not been mentioning his name, as there is some confrontation between Joe and some of the affiliates of this website.

My take: Joe is an excellent HT surgeon, a great guy, he takes the time to talk to you whenever you need to talk. His works speaks for itself.

I've personally had 2 procedures done with him and will have 1 more in about a month.

All patients of his that I have met are just as satisfied as I am. I have yet to hear anything negative about him.

Thanks TG for the reply. I too agree that Joe

is an excellent HT surgeon and a very personable guy . I wasnt familiar with any confronations via affiliates etc but knowing this I will not post any further . I too have always appreciated his willingness to be available to speak when necessary. Thanks

GD

In my original inquiry I stated I had 5000 grafts

done . I have been to 4 different HT surgeons across the US and Joe only did 1500 grafts and I do feel that he did a great job. I didnt want to imply that he had done all 5000 and I wasnt satisfied with his work.

GD

Hello Greg. I too am a patient of Joe Greco. I had a 1500 FUT with Summit Hair a couple months ago. I found Joe, Dr Wall and their staff to be highly professional and friendly. I had 5 HT procedures prior to my last procedure with Joe. I know that TG mentioned that some on this website have negative comments about Joe...but I want to explain further if I may. First, Pat is a straight shooter and has never said anything bad about Joe. The truth is, what has been said has to do with an ongoing debate betwwen me and a couple of folks who will always find a negative angle to any positive HT experience. These folks have had bad HT and see a butcher behind every scalpal. They have convinced themselves that they must warn us all of the danger of having happen to us what happened to them. They mean well...but seem to think that everyone is a victim, instead of a well informed consumer. Please don't stop posting to Pat's site... because I feel you are more than prepared to debate these folks with your experience. Besides, I know of 5 Greco fans on this site (Jebster, Andy, TG, J-Man and yourself)...safety in numbers, right! I have noticed the same nagative spoilers on this site, also frequent several other sites as well. The big difference is that Pat keeps this site fairly civil. Please, stay and contribute.

I believe you said that you have approximately 1000 to 1200 donor grafts remaining? How much more coverage do you think you need? I know that Joe will be up front about his thoughts on what he can or cannot accomplish with the remaining resources. How long has it been since your procedure with Joe and how has your donor site healed? Do you use 5% minoxidil or Proscar? Let us know how you are doing and when you go for your last procedure. We are 100% behind you all the way. Jebster icon_smile.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

• Administrators

Hello to all of Joe's patients,

I do believe that Joe Greco does great hair transplantation work. I have yet to hear from one of his patients that was not pleased with their results with him.

Technically Joe Greco is not a full fledged MD and that created problems with some of the other MDs who were affliated with Joe in the past. These surgeons are also recommended on this site.

In large part because of this he is not officially recommended on this site. However, this does not stop Joe from continuing to provide his patients with excellent results, as the above posts make clear.

I hope this helps provide clarification.

Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Coach class flight to Tampa, Fla: $159.00

100% microfollicular hair transplantation procedure: $5500.00

Ceramic flamingo paperweight from turnpike Stuckey's: $6.95

Setting fire to 10 year collection of baseball hats: Priceless icon_smile.gif

As usaual Andy, your simplistic and artful post says it better than I ever could. Great post. The visual of those caps burning just gives me a warm fuzzy!!! The 1500 FUT procedure for $5,500 is the icing on the cake compared to the testimonials of his excellent work.

Pat, I appreciate your honest post concerning Joe Greco and why he is no longer recommended on this site. The fact that he was once on the list says a lot about his standing in the HT community! I quess my most important or mandatory requirement in chosing a HT surgeon is his record. As you said, you are yet to here a negative or bad testimonial about the work Joe does in the microfollicular transplantation arena...and niether have I. Jebster icon_smile.gif

Hello Jebster,

Andy really keeps us laughing.. I too am a fan of Joe Greco. I had a procedure of 2200+ FU's in late December. I researched the HT industry for years and years, and after several meetings with several other people there was no doubt I found the right person with Joe Greco. Although my best days are still ahead of me, the experience has been very good. All my fears really turned out to be non-issues..as I was told they would.

Jebster,

I appreciate your thorough answer. I am planned

for a May visit with Joe to get what I feel will be my final HT until the art of hair multiplication becomes perfected in years to come and I call the lab to grow my additional 50,000 hairs :-) . I am a pharmacist so I defintely got myself on Proscar as soon as it came about . I actually split a 5mg tab and take 2.5mg twice weekly. I only wish that it had been available in my late teens before "lil fellows' started leaving me. I dont think they even knew what DHT was when I was 18 years old. My hair is really fine so I havent seen the coverage I would like to have seen (density wise) with 5000 grafts.

One question : I noticed on the Greco Surgery site

the picture of the donor site suture being underneath the skin. It looked great for an immediate post op tx. I believe I remember mine

having stitches above and I had them removed. For

those who have had recent procedures - is the

new suture technique as it appears on the site ?

Thanks again for your input.

Greg

Hello Greg. I know what you mean about the technology coming a little late for the boys that went down the drain! I was lucky enough to have 5 very good mini/micro graft procedures done from 1989 t0 1994 that helped me maintain a pretty dense look. I also started Minoxidil when it hit the market in 1988. It never grew much new hair but it did alot to slow down my losses. I really think my recent 1500+ FUT with Joe is going to help a great deal with the overall look because it is going to soften the older micros on the hairline as well as bring it down just enough to look less deliberate. I really don't know if the density will be enough to satisfy me or not...luckily I still have some healthy donor remaining if need be.

Your question in regards to the surture technique Joe is using now...atleast with my procedure on Jan 21st 2002, dissolveable sutures were used. I think that is how he does it now. Good talking with you Greg. Jebster icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 months later...

Had dissolvable sutures on all 3 procedures with Joe. He gave me the option before each session.

Have had no problems with them at all. They have worked well and have been satified with the technology. Also know other patients of Joe's who have had removeable sutures and have been pleased with their results as well.

I have gotten rid of most all of my hats...like Andy has mentioned. If I had a pink flamingo I would burn that too!!

Joe is wonderful. Both as a surgeon and a person. I would much rather have someone who is a PA and has performed thousands of procedures correctly do my work than an MD who has done a handful.

TG

• 4 weeks later...

Not even one week ago I had my first HT procedure done by Joe who much to my surprise had answered my prelimenary E-Mail inquiry himself while on vacation in Italy (when was the last time ANY medical person has ever done that for you?). During a subsequent in-person consultation I found Joe to be very personable, honest and totally up-front, making suggestions and keeping unreasonable expectations at bay. I do not remember having ever been as impressed as I was with him and his staff -- in my book everybody in Joes' office embodies professionalism! But, imagine my further surprise when Joe informed me after a very successful procedure that the donor strip did not result in the expected 2000 grafts, but rather resulted in 1500 grafts and a $1K refund to my credit card. Needless to say that I left Joes' office speechless, extremely satisfied with the way he conducts business, and one week later with a big smile on my face when I look into the mirror. And yes, the self-dissolving inside sutures are working great!

Dr. Joe Greco came highly recommended to me, and this patient has become one of his latest admirers -- he is honest, knowledgeble, experienced, ethical and does EXCELLENT work. As they say in my country: I'll BE BACK!

Great post! I am one very happy Greco patient also. I had a 1500 plus procedure by Joe 6 mos. ago and am really glad I chose Greco! I had my hairline softened and brought done an inch or so and some 400 placed in the crown area. I was very impressed with the density on the hairline where he placed some 1100 grafts. I am totally happy with the results at the 6 month mark and all my hopes have truly been realized. I know that you along with a half dozen other posters to this site are or will be just as happy!! Good luck! Jebster icon_cool.gif

Jebster,

1st off, happy you are on here, for a long while I felt I was the only one who enjoyed seeing my "newly found" hair in the mirror, as for Andy, you too are feeling the same satisfaction and your last pic proves the results..Great Job !!

O.K. Jebster, now the question....

In your crown area did you get much "crown" shedding from your latest HT, and did it grow back afterwards ? also do you get some shedding of previuosly transplanted grafts..and did they grow back ?

I have a pretty good head of hair, but have some thinning in the vertex/crown area, Because of the "swirl" pattern I want to be very careful before I proceed with any FU's.

All in all what is your opinion of the Vertex area transplanting ?,...I have spent time wondering if I should just be happy and leave well enough alone.....or finish up a wonderful 1st procedure.

Hmmmmmmm ?????

NW

Jebster,

How many procedures and grafts did you have done prior to visting Greco? I am considering him for what sounds like similar work to what you had done (softening the hairline). If you don't mind could you e-mail me at terps2703@yahoo.com? I'd love to ask you a few more questions. THANKS!!!

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

Hello NW. I had 400 of my 1700 FU grafts placed in the general crown area and did have some shedding but not really enough to matter. I do recall at about 4.5 months a lot of new nubs in the crown. I don't know how much was regrowth or new graft hair. What I can say for sure is that at 6 mos post op, my hair has a great deal of density that I didn't have. The controversy over the vertex really has to do with those individuals that are still having MPB and have not reached the age and point whether through use of minoxidil 5% or Proscar, that hairloss has stopped. The fear is that if you continue to lose hair the new graft will be visible. There is also the opinion that you should use your donor hair in th front and middle to comb the hair back to get a fuller look. This is wise if you have limited donor remaining! However, having had 1000 mini/micros in the past and following up with 1700 FUs, I think you want have a fear if it is a total FUT in the vertex. I have seen the old grafts in the crown after the hair contunes to thin and it is very visible! Fut look so natural that I had no problem using them in my crown or vertex area. It is totally a personal choice...I could not live with an unfinished product. Good Luck. Jebster icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif