My PATHETIC results at 9 months with Dr Kiely!

Trebor

Anderson C,

We ARE using our brains, that is why we come to forums such as this to research and educate ourselves regarding hair transplantation. I stated earlier in this discussion that I was NOT out to destroy Dr. Kiely's reputation, but that I was in search of honest answers to honest questions (and in my opinion he seems to be destroying his OWN reputation by churning out shoddy work and using questionable advertising techniques). With further research, I discovered that Trebor's case was NOT an isolated incident. There are other posters on this forum (and elsewhere) who have had extremely poor results with this doctor. And it is thanks to these patients and their stories that I didn't end up handing out a lot of money for poor quality work with him. Unfortunately, people like Trebor weren't so lucky and why shouldn't they post about their dissatisfaction? They have a right to be angry and I commend them for sharing their stories so that others may be spared from a similar ordeal. In regards to Dr. Feller, if you are going to criticize him and defend Dr. Kiely then I'm afraid it is YOU that needs to open your eyes. Criticism is important, as I believe that the cowboys should be exposed and likewise, the experts should be commended. But if you must criticize, aim it at those who deserve it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GDTL ,

Go to a Solicitor they should give you a free hour consultation they may work on a no win no fee basis to recover your deposit .

The contract you signed would be a legally binding document , however Kiely has clearly misrepresented the service/results that you would expect and have paid the deposit for, this falls into Contract/ual Law and he has not really got any grounds to keep your money . Long time since I looked into contract law but I am pretty sure if you start the process ie Send Solicitors Letter directly to him to claim back your deposit within a certain timeframe Im confident he would return it to you .

Re Nikolina there is no way on this earth I would consider any work with a surgeon who is not reccomended on this site , its taken me over 10 years to repair poor work, in a nutshell its Coalition Doc in the USA or Nothing

Regards

ej

Thanks for that ej,

And I'm seriously thinking of doing just that after reading a few posts such as yours on the matter. I know a few solicitors as we have a few of them that are clients of ours in the bank. So I'm sure it would do no harm asking one or two of them what they think or what could realistically be done about it. But I can't help but wonder if a grand is worth chasing for the potential hassle that could be involved in getting it back. But then again, I suppose it's more about principle than the money itself.

On a different note, just in regards to Dr. Mohmand's post. I hear what you are saying, however, Dr. Kiely did in fact offer Trebor another session for free. But after receiving such poor quality work from him the first time round, Trebor (rightly in my opinion) turned down the offer. And as stated earlier, Trebor's is not an isolated case. Another poster (Corkbhoy) had 'work' done with Dr. Kiely too, and received the same poor quality results. The only difference with Corkbhoy is that he did take Dr. Kiely up on his offer of a free session. And the result turned out even worse than before as he was left with a huge visible scar to show for the large amount of money he no doubt gave Dr. Kiely in the beginning. Fortunately, Corkbhoy eventually had Dr. Kiely's 'work' repaired at the Hasson & Wong clinic. So I think it would be safe to say that he is performing poor quality work in way more than 10% of his cases (as I'm sure there are many more out there with stories just like Trebor, Corkbhoy, Irish30 etc). Combine that with his blatant false advertising and I think it would also be safe to say that this doctor SHOULD well and truly be avoided at all costs. My point is, why risk it?

Listen guys, my conscience is not sitting easy with this anymore.

Yes I have experienced poor results so far with my transplant.

And yes, I have made some strong emotive comments regarding the subject, but to be honest I wish I hadn't said some of the things I have said.

Unfortunately most of my comments have been posted when I've been feeling angry and frustrated at the lack of progress of my transplant, which in hindsight was unwise.

Just because I have experienced poor results personally does not necessarily mean that Dr. Kiely is a bad transplant surgeon. I feel strongly that some of my comments have been unfair to Dr.Kiely and I wish to retract or amend them.

I feel I should have limited my posts to simply stating that I have experienced poor results to date and that I would find it difficult to recommend him personally.

As previously stated my conscience is not comfortable with the amount of negative comments regarding Dr.Kiely that have sprung from my original post and I kinda wish it would end.

I'm going to tone down the content of some of my previous posts and endeavour to be more objective from here on in.

This forum is an excellent location for people to share experiences and source information and knowledge but we do need to stay objective and fair and I don't think I personally have done so in the past.

As for the dodgy pictures on Dr.Kiely's website ...well they are obviously "doctored" (if you'll pardon the pun), and are foolish to say the least, and misleading to say the worst!

Cheers.

Originally posted by Trebor:

Listen guys, my conscience is not sitting easy with this anymore.

Yes I have experienced poor results so far with my transplant.

And yes, I have made some strong emotive comments regarding the subject, but to be honest I wish I hadn't said some of the things I have said.

Unfortunately most of my comments have been posted when I've been feeling angry and frustrated at the lack of progress of my transplant, which in hindsight was unwise.

Just because I have experienced poor results personally does not necessarily mean that Dr. Kiely is a bad transplant surgeon. I feel strongly that some of my comments have been unfair to Dr.Kiely and I wish to retract or amend them.

I feel I should have limited my posts to simply stating that I have experienced poor results to date and that I would find it difficult to recommend him personally.

As previously stated my conscience is not comfortable with the amount of negative comments regarding Dr.Kiely that have sprung from my original post and I kinda wish it would end.

I'm going to tone down the content of some of my previous posts and endeavour to be more objective from here on in.

This forum is an excellent location for people to share experiences and source information and knowledge but we do need to stay objective and fair and I don't think I personally have done so in the past.

As for the dodgy pictures on Dr.Kiely's website ...well they are obviously "doctored" (if you'll pardon the pun), and are foolish to say the least, and misleading to say the worst!

Cheers.

are you kidding me???? if you got shafted you got shafted man.... and if you got shafted then dont settle for it. do what you can, dont retract.... dont feel sorry that this DR did a terrible job and caused you prob more harm then good.... you really gonna let this go?? have you been in contact with the good doc about your posting on this forum recently? is that whats going on here?

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

I have to agree with Lost My Swagger. You shouldn't feel bad Trebor, as I've stated previously, yours was not an isolated case and I think you did the right thing in expressing your dissatisfaction. And your anger (in my opinion) was most certainly justified. But hey, it's your thread, and if you don't want any more being said about it I will respect that and say no more. But what I would ask is that you don't retract what you have already said. It is important to let others know what you have experienced, be it good or bad.

im shocked at how true Trebor is about his procdure with Dr. Kiely, i am sad to say i had same procudure and same results as you, the same hair line at front 1/2 inch from orginal hairline, little new growth, but i also suffered huge hair loss from shock fall out, i lost confidence over it, my job, girlfriend, through stress and taking my agro out on her, its been a nightmare, it really has, gave my hard earned money to this guy and was left in tears many a time, all i wanted was a little improvemnt, i got noting but lost of excisting hairs and little spaced out new growth, i feel like such an ass, all he could do was offer a can of spray for it, which to be honest was like saying, "did you now know im a joker?"

can someone please give me soild advice?

Thank you guys

I did say that I wont mention Trebor's case anymore, out of respect for his wishes. And I will remain true to that. However, it makes me so f**king angry to see that yet another person has been ripped off by this money grabbing con artist, I'm sorry, but that's exactly what he is, preying on peoples insecurities and leaving them worse off than they were before.

Hellomotto, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. My advice would be to go to the States or Canada. With a top doctor like Feller, Shapiro or Hasson & Wong I'm sure they could repair what Kiely did to you. One such patient, Irish30, had a similar experience with Kiely and went to Dr. Feller in New York and had a great job done in correcting it. Check out this link:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/487103701

and read his story. I myself am going to Dr. Feller in November too.

Hi,

sorry to hear you also suffered poor results with Dr.Kiely hellomotto. It seems there's a fair few of us who are less than pleased with the results that this guy is achieving.

I don't really want to say too much more because as far as I'm concerned I have unfinished business with the good doctor.

You have come to the right place to get good advice if you decide to get further treatments and I wish you well and hope things go better for you in the future.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

hi trebor

id be interested to know what! im going to meet him very soon shall we say, and belive me im getting my money back there and then, dont care what it takes, got a hair cut today and 10 months on after a blabe 4 at the back, the big scar line is still showing, cant belive it, there goes my next two weeks of going out, im so depressed with this situation, hes gona pay big time for this, wait and see.

• 3 months later...

It is difficult to believe something like this could go on. I met Doc. Kiely several months ago and now I know my intuition was spot on. I cant believe you people are not in Court, if not for the money for the principle and for others. Iwould never allow such a cowboy get away with such a thing. Legally or otherwise. Irish people will accept anything - look at our governmnet -it more the catolic thing than our blood i think Legally your positions are much stronger than you think! Fake photos are an extremely serious matter, almost fraud. We must not allow him to damage other peoples lives This forum has helped me as I was reconsidering this guy.

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by hellomotto:
Dr. Feller

by the way, anyone see the late late show? is ur man in blackrock clinc anygood? seem like good results of people that were on the show? dated 1st of May 2009

Yes he is. I had a transplant there in July 2009 (2500 grafts) and am very happy with the result at six months. It is expensive at ?‚¬8.50 per graft but worth it. I met Dr. Kiely and didn't feel comfortable with him. His price was very tempting but on reading these posts about disasters at his hands I am so glad I went to Blackrock. Maurice Collins is the man's name and his facility is state of the art. I had 14 people working on me on the day I got my TP.

No doctor on this site, even the coalition members (which many people believe are all among the best in the world) come close to charging ?‚¬8.50 per graft. What exactly makes him so much better to justify that kind of cost?

?‚¬8.50 isn't expensive it's a complete joke, that's over $11 per graft for a strip.

Edit: Their usual charge is ?‚¬10, that's almost $14 per grafts :-S

Originally posted by DCORK:

It is difficult to believe something like this could go on. I met Doc. Kiely several months ago and now I know my intuition was spot on. I cant believe you people are not in Court, if not for the money for the principle and for others. Iwould never allow such a cowboy get away with such a thing. Legally or otherwise. Irish people will accept anything - look at our governmnet -it more the catolic thing than our blood i think Legally your positions are much stronger than you think! Fake photos are an extremely serious matter, almost fraud. We must not allow him to damage other peoples lives This forum has helped me as I was reconsidering this guy.

Not a day goes by that I thank God that I left his office without scheduling a 'surgery'. I was 22 years old, and at that point I had only thinning behind the forelock, which Kiely was intending to fill in. My hairloss has progressed a bit since then,but who knows what state I would be in if he laid his hands on me.

I was desperate, but something, some feeling made me not go ahead with the transplant and to wait. I found no negative information on the web about his practice at that time

Recently I found a brochure for his clinic that he gave me during that visit years ago (2002), and in the brochure there is a picture of a hairline that is incredibly!! icon_smile.gif like Shanes, the old rep from Armani

DCORK and Tundra, it's good to hear that you undoubtedly made the right decision, as you seldom hear of a happy ending where Kiely is involved (in fact, I've yet to hear of a single one). I visited Dr. Kiely's website recently and the photoshopped images have all disappeared. Also, the links that I posted as a shortcut to the suspect images many months ago now redirect you to the main home page of his website. I'm guessing that he read this thread and realised that the game was up with his (pardon the pun) doctored photos and took them down as a result. A small victory I know, but a victory nonetheless.

Hellomotto, as far as I know Dr. Maurice Collins in Blackrock is relatively new to the business. However, he does seem to be building up a solid reputation in the field going on reports that I have read about him. But as always, the golden rule, do your research and see for yourself. The only negative thing I have read about him is that his prices are colossal. Even the top guys in the States and Canada don't even come close to charging as much. I'm guessing he charges so much because he has no real competition in this country, bar Kiely of course, but I would hardly think he's losing sleep or business over him. So in short, I would take a calculated guess that he charges what he does because he can, simple as.

Hi GTDL, I think Dr. Collins is around a while now, at least he was around when I visited Kiely. I was going to visit him at that time but I knew I couldn't afford a procedure with him so I did not see him. He could do with some more competition!, as far as I recall he charges for consultations and his procedure prices are astronomical.I think Pat or Bill visited him before but could not recommend him due to his high prices (I am open to correction on this, I didn't search). I think Kiely, DHI and Collins are the only options in Ireland. If there was a quality surgeon with more affordable prices on the scene, I would imagine they would make quite a lot of money

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm 20 years old, and Irish. Last June I went to Dr. Kiely to enquire about a HT. He was very harsh and cold with me. As I was waiting outside his office before our meeting I could hear him shouting down the phone at someone. I couldn't make out what he was saying but he was very angry. Once I entered his office to talk to him about my condition he checked his phone from time to time as I was speaking. I wasn't getting his full attention. He walked over to me, ran his pen through my hair on the crown to see what my hair loss was like and said there and then that it would take two sessions to fix. Both costing 5 grand each. He was very short with me on any questions I had and him being preoccupied on his phoen was very off putting. I googled his name when I came home and I saw all these comments about him so I backed away, and I'm glad I did. This guy really needs to be exposed. Another bunch of thieves in this country are the guys at Evovle Ireland who do Hair Restoration systems. They are a joke. At my consultation the guy speaking to me was on the internet and kept leaving for minutes at a time because he was working on setting up a new radio station. Honest to God. Is there no one in this country who gives a feck about hair loss? It's a joke. Also the guys at Evolve charged me 400 for a system. I ordered on the day because I thought they were my only choice. I was told that I only had to pay the rest if I wanted it fitted. I backed out two days after I paid for it and now 6 months later I'm getting calls off them that I owe an extra 400 for ordering it. They are going back on their word and I never got an invoice off of them for this extra 400 euro and I'd love to know if I'm in my legal rights to refuse to pay it.

Hi Tundra and Fireside,

Tundra: You're 100% right. Pat did indeed visit Dr. Collins during a visit to Ireland not too long ago (that being maybe a year or two ago if memory serves me). And rightly enough, the very reason that he could not recommend him was becasue of his extremely high prices. It's an awful pity that he charges so much, because he does appear to be a competent hair transplant surgeon. And God knows Ireland has a bad enough reputation in hair transplantation as it is with the likes of Kiely and DHI butchering unsuspecting patients desperate for a solution to their hair loss. I would genuinely like to see a good Irish surgeon come on the scene (who doesn't overcharge), or else to see Collins drop his prices (but both scenarios are unlikely in the forseeable future). For now I think our only option is to hop on a plane across the pond to Canada or the U.S. to get quality work at a reasonable price.

Fireside: It's good to hear you no doubt made the right decision with Kiely. The man is a disgrace to the industry and should be struck off with the damage he has done to people. I too was in a very similar situation to you and went to Kiely for a consultation. Like your own consultation, he paid very little attention to me or my concerns and was really only interested in how I intended to pay him. Again, like you, he spent very little time actually examining my scalp and pulled a figure of ?‚¬6000 out of the air and said that is how much 1000 grafts would cost (I later found out that this was actually false, according to the prices on his OWN website). However, desperate to get my problem fixed I trusted the 'expert' and booked surgery. Thankfully, two days before my op, I found this website and read Trebor and Corkbhoy's horror stories and promptly cancelled my surgery. I think if you are looking for a proper hair transplant you need to look further afield to the States or Canada Fireside. The reality is, Ireland simply doesn't have any good surgeons. There is Dr. Collins as mentioned earlier who does seem to be good, but his prices are way off the scale (?‚¬8 per graft I think he's charging at the moment) and you would be mad to pay it. In regards to Evolve, I would speak to a solicitor if I were you mate. It sounds like they're not adhering to their own terms and conditions (or just making them up as they go along). But I certainly wouldn't pay them a penny before you know exactly where you stand from a legal standpoint.

Hi GTDL, thanks for sharing your stories, you were part of the reason that I made the decision not to go to Kiely, thanks very much for that, by coming out with that story you relly made a difference to other peoples lives such as myself. I'm sure there are countless others who read your post and saw some sense. My heart really does go out to all the patients he has had who have been conned by him. In regards Dr Maurice, I e-mailed him last June and was informed that I would have an appointment with him in December, I heard nothing back from him at any stage up to the confirmed date. I know I easily could have sent an reminder e mail but by that time I looked at options in the States and I am considering going there now. His loss I suppose.

And thanks for advice on Evolve.

It's a pleasure Fireside,

If my posts stopped even one person (ie: yourself) from making a BIG mistake, then I'm happy and the forum has well and truly served it's purpose for me with you taking on board the posts. God knows he's damaged enough people in the past (physically and emotionally). I think you've made a wise decision to look further afield to the States. With a top doc like Feller or Shapiro looking after you, you will have no regrets. Also, they wont charge you nearly as much as Collins would. With what Collins would charge, you could pay for your operation AND flights/accomodation etc in the States for the duration (and that's no exageration). You should also consider checking out what's on offer in Canada too. The likes of Dr. Rahal and Hasson & Wong are also amongst the best in the business. If I can be of any further help e-mail me anytime (you can find my e-mail on my profile). All the best Fireside and the best of luck with whichever route to choose to go down. Stick with a Coalition doctor and you wont go far wrong, just my opinion.

• 2 months later...
I ordered on the day because I thought they were my only choice. I was told that I only had to pay the rest if I wanted it fitted. I backed out two days after I paid for it and now 6 months later I'm getting calls off them that I owe an extra 400 for ordering it. They are going back on their word and I never got an invoice off of them for this extra 400 euro and I'd love to know if I'm in my legal rights to refuse to pay it.

Once again i find myself defending my good name against this man . To clarify , fireside ordered his hair system of his own free will , i did not leave the room at any point unless it was to get a sample to show him but certainly not for a radio station . He payed a 400 euro deposit which was made quite clear with regards to being 50% of the price of the custom made system . We made a template on the day with no obligation for him to purchase anything but to save him time if he did want to order down the line . He choose to order three or four days later , when i called and asked him was he interested as he sai he was . He claims he backed out two days later and thats fine but it would have been nice to tell us he backed out and we could have saved money and refunded his money , instead he waited until the system was made six weeks later and then would not answer any calls and left us with no choice but to write to him after which he did answer his calls and refused to pay as he changed his mind .

He claims he had no choice but to come to us . If he had looked online he would see there are many options in Ireland for hair problems and Hair replacement systems .

If he turned up for the fitting he would have received the closing invoice for the full amount as stated on signs on the reception desk . Its the same price for everybody . We have no hidden costs and charge all our clients the same prices .

I refute any allegations that we are theives or crooks as called us and we are a very reputibble buisness and have very few complaints about our work . Fireside never had any work carried out on our premises as he backed out without telling us . After reading his vile comments i will be talking to my solictor in the morning to clear my name from the horrible names he has called both myself and my hard working stylists and staff .

Regards

Niall Boylan

(promotional link removed - read our terms of service)