My PATHETIC results at 9 months with Dr Kiely!

Trebor

The photo below shows my left temple 9 months after my transplant.

A few wispy hairs is all I have to show for the large amount of cash I gave this Dr Kiely.

I recently had a close friend perform a count of the entire transplant area (left and right temples and a half inch strip along the front) under the most powerful magnifying glass we could get. The result of this count, approximately 400-500 hairs in total! Out of a claimed (by Dr Kiely) 2500 hairs!

Absolutely PATHETIC!!!

188103311_33D3FE9A0581DABA0AA52EF35524EA9E.JPG

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have any pre op pics to compare?

Heard this guys name mentioned a few times on here, normally followed by the words expensive hack. How does he sleep at night...

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Afraid not.

This was my first procedure, and unfortunately I went into it fairly naively. It never occurred to me to take pre-op, or immediate post-op pics.

Naively, stupidly thought that everything would be just fine.

What a fool I was!

They say "there's one born every minute", and I guess I fall into that category.

Any other ex-Kiely patients out there, please make yourselves known and perhaps let me know your experiences?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the naff results, try to get your money back. What a waste. Was that Dr Keily in Cork? I went to him for information, didn't like the results he showed so moved on. Cork seems to be a no go zone for hair... I went also to see DHI there, thought they had a clinic and it turns out to be a doctor's house.. a really weird looking woman who looks like she's had too much plastic surgery... Dr Corla Odonoghue, no DHI sign anywhere - scary. Anyway apparently she doesn't do the work, DHI sends in doctors. It just all looked weird to me. My father's a solicitor and looked into if her clinic's registered, is DHI Cork or the Beacon a registered Irish company, have they got insurance cover... it all came back negative. Shocking. I'm booked in for something in Dublin next week, so I'll post photos as time goes on. Fingers crossed all will go well but I've done my research and feel pretty confident.

Don't think too negatively, Trebor. I was in the same boat with Conor Kiely, kicking myself that I'd gone to him. It's not so much the money - it's all the precious donor hair he clearly wasted in his operation. There's no way he knows what he's doing. Nobody should go to him. For my details, read the following link:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/487103701

called "Great HT from Dr Feller on Jan 22nd 2009" posted by me, irish30.

You will see my year-after results there. Don't be too down on yourself. There are a lot of hacks out there obviously, and they are still operating because there are guys getting stung every single day.

If I were you, I would look to the future and make sure your 2nd transplant is done by a top doc. I just went to Dr Feller and I think the results in 9 -10 months time will be really good, just by looking at how much he got in compared to the Conor Kiely's miserable effort.

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

It's amazing how similar my experience with Dr. Conor Kiely was/is to yours irish30.

No density whatsoever!

Huge gaps between individual hairs, particularly in the front where some hairs are almost 1/4 inch (5mm) apart!

Nothing close to the 2500 hairs claimed!

And just really really poor overall!!!

Cheers.

Hello all,

I'm brand new to this forum, but came across it completely by chance. I'm very sorry to hear about the poor results you achieved with Dr. Kiely Trebor. And to Irish30, I'm glad to hear that you eventually got the results that you wanted. I decided to join this forum after reading both your stories which have REALLY shaken me I have to admit. The thing is, I have my first procedure booked with Dr. Kiely very soon, and like you both, I didn't know that forums such as this existed. This will be my first time to receive any form of treatment for my hair loss (which is a lot like Trebor's, it's mainly just the frontal hairline that needs work). I have already paid some money up front for the procedure, which is non-refundable as I understand (but the money isn't really an issue, I just want to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for). I guess it would be safe to presume that you guys, if you were in my position right now, would just cut your losses and run? I would be grateful for any advice you may have (although your previous posts pretty much say it all regarding Dr. Kiely).

I think you're spot on Mr. GQ. As I said in my post, I don't know what to expect from a HT as this would be my very first procedure. But from Trebor's pictures and considering his hair loss pattern is very similar to mine, I too would be extremely annoyed (to put it mildly) if that was the result after nine months (and ?‚¬6500 out of pocket, as that's what I was quoted, so I assume Trebor was charged in and around the same?).

GTDL,

Go with your gut. If something is telling you to not go w/ this dr. Don't! I have been through 9 HT and only had thinning in the front. I've been trying to get it right for near 15 years. If you think you might be one of the lucky ones from a questionable dr. then go for it like I did, hell, it was only my 20's and half of my 30's I lost. Those years are over-rated.

Trebor,

I have to agree with posts on here regarding you are lucky not to be disfigured with scarring and tufted grafts.

My first HT I've been hiding for the last 18 years...

Shame for the wasted donor though.

Thanks Leeson,

That sucks mate, sorry to hear you've had a rough time over the years. Did you eventually get the results you wanted with a good doctor? This forum has really opened my eyes and I wasn't even aware of it's existence until only a couple of hours ago. As I haven't heard a single good thing about Dr. Kiely so far it would be a case of 'shame on me' for ignoring the warnings and handing over thousands for poor quality work. I think I might try Dr. Farjo in the UK. It's only a short plane journey away and I've heard their work is excellent.

GTDL,

don't rush into anything, and unofficial #1 rule on this forum is "don't let distance be deciding factor".

you have been on this forum 4 only few hours, so my advice to you is to do some thorough research for at least couple of months and then decide. the more time you spend researching the better and more comfortable you will feel with your decision.

your HT will last a lifetime so few months of research on this forum (and others as well - yes there are other forums out there too) is the best advice that someone can give you right now.

research, research, research

Thanks Mr. GQ,

After reading up on this forum and getting feedback from it's members including yourself, I totally agree with you to not accept a doctor's assurance (as I naively did with Dr. Kiely). A patient must do their own research and find the doctor that is right for them. I hope you don't mind me asking you this Mr. GQ, but did you have your own HT carried out in the US? And if so, with which doctor?

Thanks

G

Just want to get peoples opinion here, after hearing Trebor and Irish30's horror stories regarding Dr. Kiely, I had a look at his supposed 'results' on his website gallery. Now I'm no expert, but some of the pictures look very suspect, even (dare I say it) photoshopped. I'm not here to try and destroy this doctor's reputation, I'm just in search of honest answers to honest questions. And he is no doubt making large amounts of money (which is absolutely fine, provided you give your customer/patient what they pay for) And as I almost chose this doctor to perform my own transplant, I want to know what pitfalls to look out for in the future. Your thoughts as always would be most appreciated. Here is the link to one of the suspect pictures:

http://www.kielyhealthcare.ie/...ableName=beforeafter

Clearly photo shopped. What a joke this guy REALLY is.

I wish I had mad hacker skills. If I did I'd definitely use them against this disgrace to the industry

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Mr. GQ, but did you have your own HT carried out in the US?

i haven't had one yet and i'm still researching at this time. if you want my honest opinion about who my top strip docs are, then here it is: Rahal, H&W, Feller, Shapiro.

for fue: Bisanga (close to you in Europe), Armani, Feller, Umar. so there you go and i don't care what othere people will say.

and as always do your own research since ultimately it will be your own decision.

gtdl,if you are looking toward having a ht in the uk,farjo are the ONLY surgeons to consider.

there is too much evidence of poor work performed at pretty much every other uk clinic to be found on here and other forums.

rogers has had some good results but these are few and far between as he hasn,t much online visibility.

my advice would be to book a consult with dr farjo as this will be in person and not via email.he is a stand up guy who will give you an idea of what can be achieved with your current situation.then spend the next 6 months to a year scouring forums like this to educate yourself on the pros and cons of having a ht and the surgeons to consider.

good luck.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.